Just ordered a VOLT kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

deezycakes

Aug 9, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Howdy, trying to get enough posts to access the rest of the forum, I know nobody really cares about this, but....

I ordered a Volt starter kit, with 5 empty carto's, 5 Cappuccino flavored, and a bottle of the new grape liquid.

These got great reviews, and this will be my first "legit" e-cigg. I had something called a Bulldog before. It worked pretty good, but they don't sell anything but regular and menthol. I figured I'd get bored and switch back to analogs (has happened maybe 3 times since buying it).

So I bought some other flavors from Vixen Vapors, and filled up my old menthol carto's. I didnt clean them, so I got some menthol mixed in the new flavor, but definitely good, and I'd like to experience the flavors with fresh carto's.

I like doing video reviews (I'm a video editor by day), so hopefully I'll get one in the review section soon.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
What flavors did you try at Vixen? I liked their Peach.

BTW Volt is KR808D-1 and you can use cartos from Vapor4Life, Bloogplanet Maxxfusion, Halocigs G6.

And FYI - sale at Gourmet Vapor until some time on the 16th. 50% off with code vapercon - do NOT count on fast delivery from them, especially during a sale because every juice is custom PG/Vg and many are totally custom since you can use their flavor creator to create you own blends (a bit of a crapshoot not knowing the relative strengths of the flavorings - I recommend you leave your creations private unless one comes out good). I plan to go play there tonight and make some fun flavors for myself.

In stuffing type cartos I recommend 20% VG or less. Some use a bit higher VG ok in the Volt cartos. I mostly use the Vapor4Life WOW cartos.

Last edited:

rpgerrick

Aug 8, 2011
Tempe, AZ
I just got my first PV last week, and it was the Volt 78mm. I love the heck out of this thing - I can "smoke" at work, at the ballpark, in the bar, and no one bothers me (yet). I'm still on my original charge and cart, and it's operating beautifully. So far, I'm incredibly satisfied. Did you go auto or manual?

Keep us updated on what you love/hate about your Volt when you get it!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
MY KR808D-1's are mostly Vapor4life standard (78mm) manuals which make a 120mm ecig. But I fell for the Raspberry color Volt battery and go one of those in 78mm manual. And then it made me buy Raspberry flavoring and raspberry juices.

BTW - for testing juices you can use a standard resistance DSE901 atomizer - and on that use DSE901 carts if you got auto batteries. If you got manuals, you can use a DSE901 drip tip (not recommend for autos). To get any nasty tasting primer off the atty - with manuals you can do this: *blow out into a tissue, prime the bridge /\with 3-4 drops, let that soak in, vape mostly off without inhaling (use drip tip or empty cart) and repeat from * until the vapor tastes Ok for inhaling. With autos you may be safer blowing out the atty then washing the atomizer by running hot water through it, blow out again and let it dry fully.

I use the same 510/901/KR808D-1 plastic or delrin drip tip (like from LiteCigUSA.net) as a mouthpiece on hotter cartos or just because I like the feel. The same shop has standard resistance DSE901 atomizers.

What flavors did you try at Vixen? I liked their Peach.

BTW Volt is KR808D-1 and you can use cartos from Vapor4Life, Bloogplanet Maxxfusion, Halocigs G6.

And FYI - sale at Gourmet Vapor until some time on the 16th. 50% off with code vapercon - do NOT count on fast delivery from them, especially during a sale because every juice is custom PG/Vg and many are totally custom since you can use their flavor creator to create you own blends (a bit of a crapshoot not knowing the relative strengths of the flavorings - I recommend you leave your creations private unless one comes out good). I plan to go play there tonight and make some fun flavors for myself.

In stuffing type cartos I recommend 20% VG or less. Some use a bit higher VG ok in the Volt cartos. I mostly use the Vapor4Life WOW cartos.

I got honey tobacco, cherry cola, and coconut cream pie from Vixen. I've only tried the honey tobacco so far, and I am pretty impressed. It's close to an actual cigar, not as harsh of course, but it has a good tobacco taste to it. The other stuff you posted is great to know too, thanks. btw, are there any simple ways to clean carto's? like a "toss it in, shake it, and dry" way? much obliged!

@rpgerrick- I got the auto batteries, for one reason, my pockets are like a woman's purse, haha. I carry so much stuff on me, I would hate to have the button being clicked on and having it lose charge. I'll definitely make a video review, it's already shipped so I should be getting it in the next couple of days :D

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
WELCOME TO THE ECF AND CONGRATULATIONS ON BUYING A VOLT!

They are truly the best cig sized pv's I've used. It's great that you got some blank cartos to try different juices in. They are the best 808 cartos I've used and can be used at high voltage too. If you ever have any questions or concerns. Please look at this thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...87974-official-smokelessimage-com-thread.html

This is where a company representative is and most of the Volt users are as well. Anyways, you've made a wise choice. All others fail in comparison in one aspect or another. Volt has it all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread