Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Now are you talking cartomizers, one piece or an Atty cart combo 2 pieces? You really shouldn't clean your cartomizer unless its dying and you want to try to extend it's life. It never turns out well.
To clean your carts, pull out foam rinse with Luke warm water and pat dry and let sit. The carts themselves can be soaked in hot soapy water.

fun2btango

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
Ardmore TN
I've seen here, people soak in vodka for a little while then boil. I've done that as well. Your choice. I usually rinse in hot water, then boil them for about 10-15 mins. Rinse through a strainer, boil again. I do this process until the water is clean. I usually do this about 3 times. Then set stand them up on a cookie sheet and bake at 190 degrees for about 3 hrs. If I plan to not use them right away, I just let them stay in the oven to make sure they are good and dry!! Good Luck!

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
I tried cleaning cartomizers for the first few months of vaping with terrible results. I would lose 17 out of 20 every time. For me when I want to change flavors, I run plain PG through my Carto once or twice. Mostly I keep one active Carto for every flavor I use regulary. Just rubber band the cartomizer to the bottle of juice. when not in use.

bladebarrier

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
CT
Cartos aren't really worth cleaning. I mean, you can, and people do it all the time, and will tell me I'm nuts, but for how cheap they are, it's better just to toss them. It's a big hassle. For the time you spend cleaning your cartos, you could work an extra hour somewhere and have already paid for a new box.

If you use the clear ones (dual coil clear), then I could see the point, as they come apart easily, dry faster, and you don't have to boil them repeatedly, but if you get a nasty juice in a carto you're going to spend a whole lot of time trying to get that out of there. They also get "loose" after you wiggle them apart, so this isn't something you would want to do if it's on a device you keep in your pocket.

Atty's on the other hand I can understand. They can be soaked in pure grain alcohol, or vodka, and later rinsed, and let to sit and dry out after. No reason to toss an atty out over a bad flavor (usually). I don't clean them when the performance has dropped a lot, but I will do it to clear out a flavor I really didn't like and is overly stubborn.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
I don't clean them. Buy some blank cartos. If you have a model that uses cartos we can probably tell you where to get blanks.

KR808D-1 - Vapor4Life, SmokelessImage, Bloogplanet are a few of many that have blanks
KR808D-2 aka E9 like Greensmoke, Duo, Red Dragon - AZSmokefree and Vaporkings.com have blanks, leCig calls their D2
RN4081 like Njoy Npro or 2-n-1, SMokestik Hendu - Goodprophets and Vaporkings.com has blanks, maybe AZSmokefree
510/306 threaded like Blu - Boge 510 standard resistance at LiteCigUSA.net and elsewhere

Use the old menthol ones for a compatible flavor - like another menthol or a fruit flavor or tobacco flavor you would not mind menthol mixed with. If I get a sample carto and I cannot stand the flavor, I toss it in a bag. And if it's ever the end of the world and I can't get cartos, I will try to wash them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread