PG allergic reactions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stopfakn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Baltimore
I've been vaping all VG juices until yesterday. I got some pg/vg and all pg juice from LF. I vaped them about 12 hours. Well the next morning I was vaping the all pg when I got this massive headache on the right side of my head. About 5 minutes in my face started vibrating(right side) then both my fingers then my left feet. It was kinda scary but went away after an hour. Didn't go to the ER btw. Pg juice is 18mg pg/vg was 24mg.

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

PeiPei

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2012
California
I've never had issue with 100% PG. But last time I got PG85/VG15, I got dizzy right away and couldn't breath. I was thinking maybe too much nic level 24 mg. I tried to mix it with 100% PG, it helps for almost 2 months now feels heavy to breath and dizzy. I don't know where's the problem, maybe I shouldn't change my supplier. Now I'm stuck with 500ml liquid :facepalm:

Stopfakn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Baltimore
I've never had issue with 100% PG. But last time I got PG85/VG15, I got dizzy right away and couldn't breath. I was thinking maybe too much nic level 24 mg. I tried to mix it with 100% PG, it helps for almost 2 months now feels heavy to breath and dizzy. I don't know where's the problem, maybe I shouldn't change my supplier. Now I'm stuck with 500ml liquid :facepalm:

I'm thinking about going back to my Marlboro lights. This ..... never happened with "analogs". I've never had allergies before. I guess I'll go to my Dr and give him the juices. This is such an impedement.

PeiPei

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2012
California
I'm thinking about going back to my Marlboro lights. This ..... never happened with "analogs". I've never had allergies before. I guess I'll go to my Dr and give him the juices. This is such an impedement.

Can't argue with simplicity of analog, a lighter and a pack of cigarettes then you're set. :toast:

Bwilly

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2012
Clinton Township Michigan
When I smoked analogs I also smoked lights. So after research on this site it was suggested that I vape about 12 mg. I have tried the 24 mg and it is way too much for me. Way to strong never vaped it long enough to have side affects. With that being said if you smoked light cigarettes it's possible that 24 mg is too high for you. Also try some 12 mg 100% VG before you give up. That mg was just right for me. Good Luck and Happy Vaping.

Stopfakn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2012
Baltimore
When I smoked analogs I also smoked lights. So after research on this site it was suggested that I vape about 12 mg. I have tried the 24 mg and it is way too much for me. Way to strong never vaped it long enough to have side affects. With that being said if you smoked light cigarettes it's possible that 24 mg is too high for you. Also try some 12 mg 100% VG before you give up. That mg was just right for me. Good Luck and Happy Vaping.

Thanks and I'll give it a shot

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
It could be the PG, or a reaction to a particular flavoring in that eliquid.

Hang around for a bit, you'll find people with different sensitivities. Some have reactions up to welts and headaches with all VG. Some have the same with PG, some have these with certain specific flavorings. Some have it with any but organic flavorings (just high chemical sensitivity).

The percentage of people with these different reactions is pretty low, but they are real.

JollyRogers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2009
Virginia
headaches and numbness sounds like to much nic to me. I have tinnitus, so as soon as the ringing starts, I know my nic level is coming up... When I first started vaping, I started w/ 30mg... quickly down to 24mg... and then down to 12-18mg... The 24-30mg was just to much for me (I smoked Marlboro Lights also).

As far as allergies to PG, they are very real. I used to vape 80/20 pg/vg for two years. Then suddenly I started getting hive break outs. After a little experiment of PG free vs 80/20 over a couple days I was able to determine that it was in fact a PG allergy. I went PG free (Alien Visions) and have been fine. I have a lot of pg/vg liquids, so will still vape it some, but not all day like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread