PG vs VG Liquid....

Status
Not open for further replies.

yamahaman83

Jun 26, 2012
Medford, Oregon
Besides the thickness, what are your opinions on the vapor output, the wicking, and the taste? I have only smoked 100% PG since I've started, but for the new Ego C tank I'm purchasing, I'm thinking about getting an 80/20 blend PG dominant. I've watched many youtube videos and heard that it's harder to wick the VG due to the thickness, but obviously the vapor output is more domineering. Easier to wick the PG, yet less vapor output. Humbled opinions?? :)

Renzuli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2011
North Las Vegas
Welcome , I personally use a 50/50 mix , but to each his own . As I do the DIY thing , I can add as much flavor as I want . As for wicking , even straight VG will wick , if you thin it down a bit with either some vodka , or distilled water . Just don't add too much at a time . Yes PG = more taste , flavor , etc . While VG sort of mutes the flavors , but really increases the vapor output .

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
The popular mixes are shown in the link below. At first glance, you can see that vapers are distributed all over the place, with concentrations at their personal sweet spots. What the poll doesn't show is the hardware that they use. I'd suspect that most of the high VG vapers are using dripper attys.

You can get by with 50/50 and any mix on the PG side just fine. When you pass 50/50 and head into heavier VG based mixes, cartos or anything with a filler or a rope wick begin to experience wicking issues.

What PV/VG ratio do you like best?

Last edited:

couch magnet

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2011
california
I have been vaping 100 percent VG juices for the past two months. I use to vape 100 % pg juice.
I have found VG juice to be a carto killer and I must top off more frequently.
Also what i have noticed is you can have several 100 % VG juices that all put out different amounts of vapor.
For instace comparing several juices from the same vendor.
One is valencia orange and it gives a good throat hit with average to poor amounts of vapor.The other is pina colada and is lacking in throat hit bit puts out clouds of vapor.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's not that radical, but you will sense less flavor and more vapor as you swing toward the VG side. Conversely, you will experience more flavor and slightly less vapor as you move toward the PG side of a mix.

It's a personal preference thing that we all experiment with and make a determination as to where we are comfortable.

Trying 100% PG, 100% VG, and a 50/50 mix will give your some feeling for the effect. You can do that cheaply by ordering equal quantities of PG and VG in 100%. From there, you can go to the side you like best and try 70/30 with the 70 being the one you pick for flavor, vapor,and performance in your hardware. Just mix small quantities of the two using a syringe, keeping track of the mix ratio until you find your favorite mix. There's some tradeoff involved.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread