wyojoe
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Blogs Achievements About

• The wind was one of the main reasons that we moved from there. My wife couldn't stand the constant blowing. I was sort of used to it, but she couldn't hack it. They used to say "if the wind ever quit blowing in Wyoming, everyone would fall on their face." But you're right about the great summers, at least up in the mountains. I know it's dry heat, but it could be blistering hot out in the Red Desert in July. I liked the wide open almost as much as the mountains. Great place to grow up. I've only been back a few times since I left there. Most of my friends have moved. My parents lived in Buffalo until my dad passed about 15 years ago, and my 86 year old mom now lives in Kansas where my sister lives. So nobody left to go see. May make a trip out west again one of these days.
    Hey wyojoe,
    I just checked out your info and it looks like we kind of traveled a parallel road, but in different directions. I was raised in Wyoming (Saratoga), lived in Casper one year after service, then moved to Colorado (Aurora) for 24 years until retirement. Now live just south of the Missouri border in Arkansas. Wyoming was a great place to grow up, but my old bones craved warmer climate and shorter winters with less wind. But must admit that there are times when I miss the High Lonesome.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…