E
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Blogs Achievements About

• Hey a few months ago you posted in a thread about wicking a protank with a cotton ball. You say to twist in the cotton after removing the silica, and I was wondering if you meant to twist it into the coils? Most of the guides with pictures involve having to loosen and tighten coils, and that's more than I'm ready to deal with.
    Sorry to bother you with such a silly question
    I use polyethylene plastic dropper bottles, like most. No plasticizers in that, but not good for long term due to O2 diffusion through the walls. Those are the cloudy plastic bottles. Perfectly clear plastic is usually polycarbonate, and that has plasticizers. Not a fan of glass droppers, but many like them. I make fresh often enough that its fine. For the glass, if it is in a dark freezer, any color will do, and I have a few colorless glass bottles too...the nic in those is fine. The light issue is mainly for UV/sunlight. Visible light doesn't do much. I think your plan of several 30 mL bottles and some larger ones for very long term storage is quite good. I do this too...had to with a recent WL nic I got, since I ran out of my 50 mL bottles, so into a 500 mL bottle it went, and it is in the freezer now for when I need it...in 2020 lol!
    Glad SpecialtyBottle is still around! Last time I checked the site was down for some reason. I take it you are looking into the amber bottles with eurodropper inserts? If so good choice, I think you will like them. Until they come, go ahead and enjoy the nic! Personally I would put some into a dropper bottle for use over the next few weeks, and leave the big jar close and in the fridge. Not freezer, since I don't know if that plastic will crack. Then just use the little bit you have out until the glass bottles come. Good luck, and let me know if you have more questions!
    One month should be ok, but if you want much more than that, get the liquid into glass. I have had some in those dark WL jars for a few weeks, and saw little change. Ideally you want glass, but one month is not very long, so get glass bottles as soon as you can, but don't worry too much about it in the meantime.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…