Mooch
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Blogs Blog entries Achievements About

• How are you?

Long time no questions!

Which battery do you think is better all around?

Vapcell INR 21700 P50

Or

BAK N21700CG-15A

THANKS
    Mooch
    I don’t know anything about the P50 but the N21700CG-50 is a great performer,
    Say @Mooch , what's your opinion on AVB 21700 batteries ? Didn't see them on your list. The 4000 mAh ones.
    DJ Colonel Corn
    OK I understand Mooch, of course you don't know every battery. Was just curious if you knew these. They're Chinese so I don't expect the best. Thanks tho !!!!
    Mooch
    Wait....it might be this cell: threads/bench-test-results-avatar-controls-30a-4000mah-21700-overrated-seems-same-as-basen-and-coilart.847223/" class="link link--internal">https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/bench-test-results-avatar-controls-30a-4000mah-21700-overrated-seems-same-as-basen-and-coilart.847223/

I have no idea if they are wrapping the same cell now though.
    DJ Colonel Corn
    Yep, that's the one. The black and yellow. Came with my wismec rx2 21700 mod, already installed. Thanks a lot Mooch.
    Do you have a review for the Nitcore UMS4 charger ?
    I can't figure out how they claim 2A per slot, with 2 batteries, when the input is 3A max.
    Would love to read your thoughts on that. Got a link for a UMS4 review ?
    Thanks for all that you do !
    Will all mod Built-in 3000mAh li-ion batteries have about the same lifetime span given near identical usage?
    Regardless of manufacture and size/shape, and all other things being equal.
    Mooch
    No. The batteries in different mods have different construction, chemistry blends, and operate at different temperatures in different even if they are the same capacity. This can lead to different overall life spans for those batteries.
    Hi Mooch. I have very specific questions re: batteries for ProVari 2.5 classic and ProVari 2.5 mini. Clearly you are the expert advice I need. Would be more than happy to contribute to your ongoing research costs. Please reply
    Mooch
    Hello, I don’t know anything about what batteries those Provari’s need but I am happy to try to help.
    Many thanks to Mooch, for the great contribution to the vaping community, to the world, for thanking all the time it takes to express the knowledge of the important element that batteries are for our safety. Greetings and good vapors.
    Hi Mooch. Like everyone else, I want to thank you for all the testing you do for everyone, both (and especially) for batteries, but your recent voltage drop tests as well (would love to see some tests on the Kennedy 21700 Vindicators if you ever get the time and opportunity). Just saw GrimGreen's latest 510 Report to find out about your update to your battery charts, and I have a question.
    Mooch
    Availability.
    It’s just a table of the more available cells worldwide and not a table of just the best performers. As mentioned in my posts there are many, many other great performing cells not in the table. But they are hard to find. It’s a table for new vapers, or those confused by all the choices, to help narrow down the choices to consider.
    Mooch
    For those who are aware of other choices they are completely free to buy and use them. If I put all the great performers in the table it would be much more confusing than it already is for new vapers. I would also get a huge number of questions asking which was “the best”.
    N
    Thanks for you reply, Mooch. Really appreciate it. That all makes sense. Just trying to get my head around your reasoning as part of being a responsible mech user. All the best!
    First, thanks for all your hard work. I don’t know who else to ask so I’ll ask you. Do you think shockli black 26650 w/button top will fit into the Geekvape Aegis. I heard they Have a larger diameter. Also, the only ones I can find in the U.S.A have a button top.
    I really want the performance as I usually don’t vape high watts. Thanks
    Mooch, first off let me say thank you from the bottom of my heart for the work you do for the community, it means the world to me. When talking about Lipo packs we use watt hours, is that just because it is easier for people to understand than saying 3s 950mah? Basically isnt a 3s 950mah Lipo pack the same as 3 950mah 18650s in series?
    Mooch
    Yes, barring normal differences between different batteries and chemistries, it's the same thing.

Different communities just seem to have different ways of rating. Some useful and some useless.
    Hey Mooch, have you ever come across Golisi batteries? They apparently have panasonic cells inside, made in Japan, then shipped off to China for the rest of assembly. They have a 40A rating on the side, though obviously this wont be close to the CDR. Just wondering if you have any experience with them. Thanks - Slack
    Mooch
    No, I'm sorry, I don't know anything about them.
    SmogVlog
    Shame. So far they seem pretty decent, well made and performance seems good, but without any true battery guru like you putting them through their paces it is hard to tell what is going on with them. I would imagine they are about 10A CDR given other pansonic cells on the market.
    Hey Mooch, hope all is well. Wanted to see if you have ratings for the nitecore 18650s? I saw a 30a, 35a, 38a, and 40a which i figure are some overrated 20a-25a but wanted to get your take on them. Didn't see them on your list.
    Mooch
    I just posted the test reports for five of the Nitecore 18650's last week. :)
    ApolloKen
    Haha sweet brother thanks. Quick question I don't see asked, what vape setup do you use the most? Also what's your go to hard hitting build in a tube much? And finally, do you ever sleep; )
    Mooch
    I switch constantly between setups, regulated and unregulated, 25W-120W.

I don't pay to much attention to the coils I use as they just don't make much of a difference IMHO. It all depends on the heat flux, juice, power setting and/or battery and preheat. For a single battery mech I often use fused claptons at about 0.12 (dual).

Sleep? :)
    Hi,
    I've read your blog and still confused to pick the safetiest battery for my mecha
    I use Broadside mod (0.1-0.15 ohm dual coil) and I use XXX battery (www.xxxbatteries.com) ,I feels like it will get warm quickly.
    Only VTC5/6, HB6, HG2, HE4 that avail in my country (some have diff spec :HG2 have 3000mAH 35A,HE4 2500mAH 35A)
    Could you help me suggest the battery that I have to buy?
    Thanks
    Mooch
    The HB6 will run the coolest and be the safest.
    The HG2 and HE4 are rated at 20A by LG and me.
    b0nzai
    Thank you sooo much Mr Mooch :)
    hello mr. mooch, something wrong with one of my LG brown
    when i put it in my xtar vc4 charger, it read Ni-mr not Li-ion,
    my other LG brown are okay, just this one got me curious -_-a

this one LG brown did depleted until it unable to start up in a mod,
    when i put in my xtar charger it shows 1.55v but as Ni-mr

am i should just throw it away or is there some solution?
    Mooch
    That battery is probably ruined, damaged at least. Discharging down to below 2.5V starts to damage it. Under 2.0V is bad. I highly recommend not using that battery anymore.
    Hey there Señor Mooch :) I have been going over your tests over the past few months and already found out that 8 of my 10 LG HG2 are fake.. I was wondering though if somehow I can measure the amps of the batteries with the equipment I have at home? All I have is an Opus BT-C3100, IMAX B6, a battery capacity discharge tester from ebay ($4) and a multimeter that only measures up to 10A.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…