◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
here's a thought:

It seems to me the #1 PITA factor of electric vehicles is the charging time. Like, you could have charging stations all over town, but that doesn't help with the waiting 30 minutes or 4 hours for your car to charge.

Solution: rather than charging your battery pack, set up the cars and infrastructure for swapping out the depleted battery pack at such a station with an already charged one. So, the station is charging battery packs . . . but you're not waiting. Would actually require some similar structure, universal in the cars, packaged for easy swapping with a "loading device" available at the station.

problem solved, bring on the future. :sleep:

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
here's a thought:

It seems to me the #1 PITA factor of electric vehicles is the charging time. Like, you could have charging stations all over town, but that doesn't help with the waiting 30 minutes or 4 hours for your car to charge.

Solution: rather than charging your battery pack, set up the cars and infrastructure for swapping out the depleted battery pack at such a station with an already charged one. So, the station is charging battery packs . . . but you're not waiting. Would actually require some similar structure, universal in the cars, packaged for easy swapping with a "loading device" available at the station.

Good luck with getting the car manufacturers to get on the same page but it is genius!

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
here's a thought:

Tesla unveils 90-second battery-pack swap

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
fat side up then? :?:

Thumb up JG.jpg

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
wow! that was fast! I gather you didn't share my idea by snail mail then?

No sir, old Elon is just a few steps ahead.
From what I understand, they even have a service/ tow vehicle plan in place if'in you happen to come up a few volts short.

90 seconds is PDQ as long as there isn't a herd waiting in front of you. Refreshments anyone?

penguiness

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2014
Nashville, TN, USA
That's it, braised brisket Ragu with shallots and mushrooms over penne is on the menu for next Sunday's dinner in Sonoma. Tonight my lovely wife's Shepard's Pie will have to do in the city. Damn food talk is making me hungry again! :?:

No shame in a proper Shepard's Pie with none of that Americanized type. But the brisket sounds good, too!

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
33002800525_a912d3710c.jpg

OK, so, some of the pics in this batch came out fuzzy.
Apologies. I was more focused on not getting the mods wet (dunno why, but I was), and not dropping them; and the camera was all like "can I have a moment longer please?"
Promise, when you get your mod, it won't be fuzzy. :sleep:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread