◙ Li’l PINCH (←thang) ◙ pdib (←maker) ◙ not sayin’ (←just sayin’) ◙ shuh-ZAM! (←hyperbole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
look who finally made it to Cairo! With another Nuppin'[emoji39] AND housing one of Disto's bottles!!
0af9bfddb74c0bfd4d6938e660f81d11.jpg

Pete...it looks even more beautiful in real. Don't know how but even your pictures (which are way better than mine) didn't do it justice!!

Oh! And thanks for the goodies my friend!

fd58e26b49c5a0b05590e8ee954ac7a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice!

TamiPac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2014
SE Texas
look who finally made it to Cairo! With another Nuppin'[emoji39] AND housing one of Disto's bottles!!

Pete...it looks even more beautiful in real. Don't know how but even your pictures (which are way better than mine) didn't do it justice!!

Oh Tamer, it's beautiful! :wub::wub::wub:

brewbear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2017
Yes..I can't put it down. Heck I took the day off from work to play with it [emoji28]

Good of you to stay home and play with it, doing that in public is frowned upon.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Good of you to stay home and play with it, doing that in public is frowned upon.
Took it right out of my mouth ....

(See what I did there?)

(What are you looking at classy, I don't speak good English u know)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan
You won't believe the sophistication of these modern aircraft nowadays. The thing can land on it's own and apply brakes automatically to a full stop to a specific predetermined taxiway exit from the runway.

That's where locomotives are headed these days as well. The federal government is requiring all of the railroads to install Positive Train Control technology nationwide. It's basically a computer override that will automatically stop the trains if the engineer doesn't acknowledge the signals or take corrective action when approaching speed restrictions. It's going to cost billions of dollars for what basically amounts to an alarm clock. It was supposed to be in place already, but surprisingly enough, it's taking longer than congress thought to install sensors and relays on god knows how many million miles of track. Not to mention having to install all of the controllers on each locomotive. I'm due to attend the training class sometime before the end of the year. Luckily, I can push a button with the best of them [emoji6]

On a happier note, I started my vacation today and we're Bee-ward bound tomorrow before continuing on to Alaska [emoji3]

Master of Bassetts

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

That's bee-utiful !

(What are you looking at classy, I don't speak good English u know)

Yea...right !

:lol:

On a happier note, I started my vacation today and we're Bee-ward bound tomorrow before continuing on to Alaska
emoji3.png

I'm jealous !

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan
Or better still you can just stick a regular ol' drip tip right on top of it (yes it takes regular drip tips) ;)

4a7b5e06427306714ecc5a66e2644b67.jpg

I'm finding that a semi-wide bore tip with the two slot AFC works quite well for me. I'm getting great flavor and plenty of vapor. The only downside I've noticed is that I get some juice spitting out of the AFC which requires a little buffing and polishing.

Master of Bassetts

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85

Finally, that was the longest wait ever man. Congrats it was certainly worth it, she's a beauty :thumb:

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
That's where locomotives are headed these days as well. The federal government is requiring all of the railroads to install Positive Train Control technology nationwide. It's basically a computer override that will automatically stop the trains if the engineer doesn't acknowledge the signals or take corrective action when approaching speed restrictions. It's going to cost billions of dollars for what basically amounts to an alarm clock. It was supposed to be in place already, but surprisingly enough, it's taking longer than congress thought to install sensors and relays on god knows how many million miles of track. Not to mention having to install all of the controllers on each locomotive. I'm due to attend the training class sometime before the end of the year. Luckily, I can push a button with the best of them [emoji6]

On a happier note, I started my vacation today and we're Bee-ward bound tomorrow before continuing on to Alaska [emoji3]

Master of Bassetts
Considering how many millions of miles of track are out there that's a monumental task. Hopefully the new system will improve safety and I'm sure you'll find "button pressing" a charm Gig ;)

Have a great vacation man and post some pics for us

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan

Congratulations Tamer! That's a beauty [emoji106]

Master of Bassetts

Gigdujour

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Michigan
Considering how many millions of miles of track are out there that's a monumental task. Hopefully the new system will improve safety and I'm sure you'll find "button pressing" a charm Gig ;)

The biggest concern is that the railroad is going to try and move to a one man crew. To that end, they've started putting inward facing cameras on all of the new engines. We've had event recorders since the 60's or 70's (the railroad equivalent of your black boxes) but there isn't any real need (unless you're a voyeur) to see what goes on in the cab. However, The Evil One picked me up a new camera-friendly shirt on a recent trip to Memphis [emoji6]
7300c067cad3cb7279e2aaa4ef781c7a.jpg

Thank you my friend, I certainly will [emoji3]

Master of Bassetts

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
The biggest concern is that the railroad is going to try and move to a one man crew. To that end, they've started putting inward facing cameras on all of the new engines. We've had event recorders since the 60's or 70's (the railroad equivalent of your black boxes) but there isn't any real need (unless you're a voyeur) to see what goes on in the cab. However, The Evil One picked me up a new camera-friendly shirt on a recent trip to Memphis [emoji6]
7300c067cad3cb7279e2aaa4ef781c7a.jpg

Thank you my friend, I certainly will [emoji3]

Master of Bassetts
:lol::lol::lol:
Computers are taking over Gig because they're cheaper than humans. Thing is no computer can be programmed to even come close to the complex problem solving of the human brain.

Love the shirt man :thumbs:

TwistedThrottle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2014
Washington
Computers are taking over Gig because they're cheaper than humans. Thing is no computer can be programmed to even come close to the complex problem solving of the human brain.
Seen the movie, "Hidden Figures"? Kinda covers the same thing, just a few decades ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread