irritated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyroruby

Jan 4, 2012
Pa
I guess to some of you us "noobs" are irritating. But without newbies coming on the scene any business wouldn't grow. So when we ask questions remember that at one time you were here too.
We are just all trying to do the same thing. SAVE OUR OWN LIVES.
And that's a big thing. Sure it might(for me surely) become a hobby, maybe even an addiction. But some people on here are downright rude when all we ask for is assistance. Obviously it's too much.
I guess I expected more from this forum.
I too can't wait to blog all day about my new mod and how I've been analog free. But sadly I'm not there yet so I guess in the actual forum my posts are dull. And don't even require recognition. Let alone answering.
I apologize for being so uneducated about this whole process. I guess we shouldve been born knowing the difference between joy e and a silver bullet. My bad.

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
I love noobs, and I do everything I can every time I log on to answer questions and help. Let's be buddies. Don't let these people fool you, they were all noobs a year or 2 ago. And compared to being new at somethings being new at vaping you are not that far behind. Don't worry no one ever goes out of their way to be mean on here, at least as far as noobs are concerned. Now get a war going over mods and stuff, it can get nasty!

Welcome to the forums! Sorry you had a bad experience.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
Don't be afraid to ask. It's a room full of average joes. Folks know how to talk to people here just as well here as they do in real life.
Teaching and customer service aren't in some folks background and inflection and tone of voice aren't trasmitted well via the internet. (Although you did a good job :p) Most on the new members forum go there to help so ask away. Anything you are doing to help yourself with vaping now is a step in the right direction but I have run accross a few who are very "enthusiastic" about what has and is working for them.

SCTony

ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
South Carolina
Hi Pyro! :) Welcome to ECF (from a fellow noob :) ) How is it going? I haven't had an analog cig. in 3 weeks today thanks to e-cigs and ECF. I have found that (almost) everyone here is eager to help anyway they can. I think we all have something in common- trying to quit smoking- which is very difficult for most people. I wish you quick success in quitting. Vaping is so much more pleasant :) Cheers!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I see a post at 10:59 asking a question on the lava tank thread and then another post that looks like you're upset about something about 10 minutes later. Is that what has you irritated?

Or is it something else?

Your other posts seem to focus on hardware, but read like you're not getting what you need out of the juice itself. Is that what has you irritated?

Or is it something else?

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I just read through your previous threads and it looked like you got a lot of good responses trying to help you out. The only one I saw where you didn't get many responses was in the super huge lava tube thread (lave tank? lava tube? I don't remember exactly what the thread was, but it was long). In really long threads it's easy for a post to get lost and buried, so try not to take it personally. Maybe try to post an individual thread in that forum so that it won't get lost in a huge ongoing thread.

Welcome to ECF. I wish you the best of luck. Did you order a Kgo yet?

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Wow, I don't know who was rude to you for asking a question, but we as a forum don't feel that way at all.
Like you I was a Noob once too, and am so grateful for the help I received that I dedicate several hours EVERY day to help other Noobs so they will have the success I have had.

Now, if someone was having a bad day or several someones :) I cant say. It happens........ But please never feel that we don't want you asking questions because we WANT to help :)

Moofaso

Smoke Free Since 11-11-11
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2011
I'm right behind you
don't let the negatives of the few outweigh the positives of the many. ECF is a wonderful resource and there are LOADS of people on here more than willing to answer any questions new vapers may have as well as offer advice. You have come to the right place to learn and to join a family.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Remembering when I started on ECF, I always got help when I had a question but there are far less users logged in during business days, US time, so you might have to wait a couple hours depending on your issue. Pretty cool to get all this free help and support in my book, even if you have a bit of a wait. I'm glad you've gotten answers to all your questions so far and I hope you find your sweet spot for equipment and juice soon!

cyndi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
nebraska
The people on the lava tank thread are super nice. Sometimes if they are busy chatting, they might overlook your post for a few minutes. But they are super nice about telling you how to obtain the information about trying for a tank. I just saw your post, and I sent you an PM. I hope you try the thread again, and best of luck.

Pyroruby

Jan 4, 2012
Pa
Some people have been helpful. Don't get me wrong. And some have just tried to be "funny". Which doesn't help. And about the kgo. I'm sold on it. Also want it in black so I guess I'll have to go to DCV. I'd like a 6ml DCT for it but not sure if any is "better" than the hoosier one. should I even run a dual off a kgo or should I do a single. Yes would love a lava tank if I should stay single coil. I guess I use 1.5 lr with a tank. Not sure what resurrector cartos are but they sound dope. And I'm not sure if I'm a "dripper" so if I am I need an atomizer and a drip tip I think?
It's just confusing.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Some people have been helpful. Don't get me wrong. And some have just tried to be "funny". Which doesn't help. And about the kgo. I'm sold on it. Also want it in black so I guess I'll have to go to DCV. I'd like a 6ml DCT for it but not sure if any is "better" than the hoosier one. should I even run a dual off a kgo or should I do a single. Yes would love a lava tank if I should stay single coil. I guess I use 1.5 lr with a tank. Not sure what resurrector cartos are but they sound dope. And I'm not sure if I'm a "dripper" so if I am I need an atomizer and a drip tip I think?
It's just confusing.

IMHO your starting off too fast and looking at too many more advanced things at once . Yes it's very confusing, maybe starting off with a simple set up would be best? If you like the lava, just set it up with a box of Boge SR standard resistance cartomizers. If you like it, then you can build a tank around that set up. Bit by bit till you get a better understanding and things become more familiar... I just don't want to see you frustrated to this extent. We can help make it simple :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread