irritated

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
nebraska
Sometimes the best thing to do is go to a site like MadVapes that has a big assortment of items, and try a couple of different things. I started with the small ones that look like cigarettes, that came with prefilled cartridges. I liked the concept, but not the flavor, nor the fact that the battery didn't last but about 1 hour. I moved on to Ego-T. Initially loved them, but then started having problems with leaking tanks/atomizers. Had to fiddle with them, and clean them all the time. Then I heard about boge cartomizers, so I ordered some of those to use on my ego batterys with boge cartomizers. I felt like I found heaven!! So then I took the next step up and ordered a Provari (provape) and a lil mama tank (BigDaddy). HEAVEN!! Today I'm waiting on my jonboylava tank to arrive in the mail. Took me 2 attempts to get it, and I feel very lucky that I even got one, as some people are on their 3rd attempt or more, and still haven't gotten one. As far as what vaper to use.......everyone is different. I personally love shopcoppercreek, and some freedomsmokeusa.

sharpi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Indiana
Sometimes it takes a few minutes for people to reply. From what I saw everyone was stumped by your reply of 'this forum is great. Not!'

Hope you have a better experience though, I don't think anyone meant to offend you.

I was a noob too two months ago...but through this forum and it's people I have learned so much! And have collected some fun mods along the way.

Well, that leaves me out. Funny is all I can do.

I'll leave you to the serious folks...

sweetmeat

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2009
Canada
Haha. I'm the mom of a two year old. I know how to get my point across.
It just sucks when im trying to figure stuff out and it's still confusing. That's all. I don't want to go all cheddar bob and flip out. But I look forward to becoming an anti boob and helping out later on to people who need it.

I don't think anyone here thinks your a cheddar bob and we're definitely not anti-boob :p
Seriously though, everyone here is usually pretty helpful and super nice, I don't know who got you irritated but ignore them, jerks here are one in a million! If you post a question, even a silly one it'll get answered quick!
Welcome and I hope you get all your questions sorted out :)

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Hi :)
I'm here to rain on your parade (I know, I know, badbadbad me...)

I think you are diving off the high-dive board and you don't even know how to swim yet.... I've been vaping for darn near two years and I only marginally understand what you are talking about here (granted, I haven't been keeping up on the new products for a while):

....Also want it in black so I guess I'll have to go to DCV. I'd like a 6ml DCT for it but not sure if any is "better" than the hoosier one. should I even run a dual off a kgo or should I do a single. Yes would love a lava tank if I should stay single coil. I guess I use 1.5 lr with a tank. Not sure what resurrector cartos are but they sound dope......
It's just confusing.

I can see why you think it's confusing!

But, somehow, I get the impression that you think we are "customer service" and we should be quick to resolve your concerns. We all want you to succeed - REALLY :) but we are just regular folk with jobs and families and lives away from ECF. We come here because we love the e-cig and we know it will save your life if you can find the right gear/juice for you.

My best advise is to just bite the bullet and jump in. In all honesty, it doesn't matter what you get as long as you start. Any e-cig vet will tell you that they have tried a bunch of different systems and attachments in their quest for the ideal vaping experience... if there was one perfect e-cig then all the old-timers would all be using it, but we all end up with something different. Just try something, then try something else, and something else... it's the best way to discover what you want.

Good luck!

theWayISshut

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2011
Peel Region, CA
Haven't seen a noob so apologetic in a long while. Most just come in here and fire away their questions even if they've been asked thousands of times already. Google should have been the first option, which is the right place to go first because not only would you be able to bring something to the table but you'd be amplifying things that have been missed.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Some people have been helpful. Don't get me wrong. And some have just tried to be "funny". Which doesn't help. And about the kgo. I'm sold on it. Also want it in black so I guess I'll have to go to DCV. I'd like a 6ml DCT for it but not sure if any is "better" than the hoosier one. should I even run a dual off a kgo or should I do a single. Yes would love a lava tank if I should stay single coil. I guess I use 1.5 lr with a tank. Not sure what resurrector cartos are but they sound dope. And I'm not sure if I'm a "dripper" so if I am I need an atomizer and a drip tip I think?
It's just confusing.

I know how confusing things are to you...I was there once before. Please don't think that what you read is being rude. Remember, this is a forum and typing words may read differently than if you were face to face with people.

Okay, I'll try my best shot at this to help you. If you need anything else, holler if what I say or anyone else doesn't make any sense.

As for the DCT, a DCT is the same no matter where you buy it. They all work the same.

As for running a dual coil on a KGO, yes you can but the dcc (dual coil cartomizer) stresses the switches in the batteries. Eventually it will cause pre-mature death of the battery. That's the only downfall to running low resistance on ego/riva/kgo/vgo and the likes. The dcc's work great on the kgo's but just keep that in mind.

As for the lava tank, the Boge cartomizers are great. 2.0ohm is the resistance to give the best overall taste, flavor, and TH. Also, they don't stress your batteries as bad as the dcc's will.

As for resurrectors, I'm not a fan of them. They perform okay but I don't care for the flavor they produce and it seems here lately, I've been reading a bunch of complaints about them. It's a good possibility that a bad batch got out.

It's always a good idea to have 4 atomizers with a drip tip at your disposal. They are a great way to test flavors before committing a flavor to a cartomizer or tank. Drip tips are great because you don't have your lips on anything hot and they also make refilling your cartomizers very easy...you don't have to carry around something to pry the little white caps off with.

Here's what I recommend...
KGO kit
DCT tank...or a 3ml tank from vaporescense or another vendor that will fit the Boge cartomizers. Yes, you can run the dcc's in a smaller tank, they just stick out a little farther.
Drip tip - makes refilling cartomizers easy and feel nicer on the lips
4 atomizers - who knows, you may like dripping the best. Also great to test flavors with. I suggest low resistance because they give the best flavor, vapor, and TH.
Boge 2.0ohm cartomizers - get at least a couple of boxes. Run them alone or inside a tank.

As for any tank, they are really easy to use. Don't let people scare you away from them. They are the best invention for cartomizers...no more having to top off...just refill the tank. If you're lucky enough to land a Lava Tank, watch the videos about refilling them. Those are the only ones that have a little bit of a learning curve but it's also so you don't break it.

Once you decide what you're going to get, come back to ECF and contact us. We'll walk you through all of it if you need some help. Don't let the forum drown you in information overload...it's a lot easier to switch to vaping than you think!!!

bassworm

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2011
You want frustration? Install Linux on a laptop, post question on how to get wireless card to work on a linux forum. Watch the answers come in as cryptic as possible because everyone there has to prove their 'Fu ... (or they post links to other forum posts which are the same question and one reply that only a non-noob would understand)

Anyway, it looks like the members have already done a lot in helping resolve your concerns, I agree you may be trying a little to hard to get it perfect right of the bat, that isn't wrong per se' but you if you do that, you may miss out on some valuable experience that will benefit you in the long run.

If you look at posts in the New Members forum, you will see there are noobs here that haven't quite stopped smoking, and are slowly switching off with a 10.00 convenience store cheapy , and a myriad of replies from "veterans" saying thats how they started, and really wanted something more/different and just decided to go all in with a KR808 or a EGO or whatever ( there are so many members of this forum, that one question will get you 100s of "right" answers ) and have now moved on to an $80.00 (or more) box mod...

Anyway, in the end we are all here trying to help, sometimes the noise can be just as overwhelming as the many ecig options, but hopefully you find your way and stick with it.

/end nonsensical ramblings ...

PaporPlas

ECF Veteran
Dec 27, 2011
Los Angeles
Order this and start vaping.

KGO 1100 mAh 2 battery kit

Easy Peasy. I bought something that isn't as good for double the price and haven't had a cigarette in two week since I received it. I'm just now thinking about other "options". Not because I need them to get off the death stix, more because I want to try other stuff.

Oh, and I remember the TODDLER DAYS I have 3 teen boys now. : )

Bottom line. Just Do It - NIKE

McDougal

ECF Veteran
Nov 14, 2011
Louisville, KY
I guess to some of you us "noobs" are irritating. But without newbies coming on the scene any business wouldn't grow. So when we ask questions remember that at one time you were here too.
We are just all trying to do the same thing. SAVE OUR OWN LIVES.
And that's a big thing. Sure it might(for me surely) become a hobby, maybe even an addiction. But some people on here are downright rude when all we ask for is assistance. Obviously it's too much.
I guess I expected more from this forum.
I too can't wait to blog all day about my new mod and how I've been analog free. But sadly I'm not there yet so I guess in the actual forum my posts are dull. And don't even require recognition. Let alone answering.
I apologize for being so uneducated about this whole process. I guess we shouldve been born knowing the difference between joy e and a silver bullet. My bad.

The internet is a series of tubes. Within these tubes, we sometimes encounter people just trying to make their way through the tubes, and others know the tubes but stop to give us directions. Others are lost in the tubes like we are. I'm not sure which tube I'm in right now, but I hope you stick around this tube so you can share your vaping experience with us.

WhichWitch

Jan 5, 2012
Minnesota
This forum is a godsend, but sometimes you have to go through layers and layers of information before you find an answer to a question. Everything you need to know you can find, but it can take time and I have always been patient. I have ordered items dual coil tank cart as an example -when other members have raved about them and when I get them, I don't know how to use them or I think I know, but want to make sure. Maybe I am old fashioned, but I think the vendors (who have all been great answering my questions) should proved more instruction or at least a link to where they can find it quickly with what they sell. One of the vendors I spoke with said gets a lot of calls regarding how to use equpiment. Some people don't want to take the time or do not have time to surf for answers.

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
Maybe I am old fashioned, but I think the vendors (who have all been great answering my questions) should proved more instruction or at least a link to where they can find it quickly with what they sell. One of the vendors I spoke with said gets a lot of calls regarding how to use equpiment.

I know what you mean. What with all the subforums here, it can be hard to figure out exactly where to ask a question. I can see the real value of the New Members Forum, because it seems like any kind of question gets a pretty quick answer.

And I agree that vendors are eventually going to have to probably get more into education as well, to explain the shinys they're selling to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread