0.4 ohm Crown 3 coil, how do you like it? Before I switch to RDTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hey all, been enjoying my crown for months but I found the 0.5 and 0.25 require too many watts and my batteries often get drained past 3.7 volts (two fresh charges a day) I vape 15-20+ ml a day so I was thinking of switching to an RDTA and doing a dual contact and hitting it with 65-70 watts, however I just recently discovered they now make a 0.4 60-65 Watt rated Crown 3 coil. Have you tried it? flavor? clouds? let me know. PS I hit the 0.5 Crown 3 at 80-82 and the 0.25 usually closer to 90. RDTA will save me a bit of money and the hassle of ordering/waiting for coils and I can tailor a build for the 60-70 watt range.

Thanks.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I can't answer your question because I only use the.5 coils and have tried the .25. The reason I'm posting is because I wanted to ask, why are you worried about your batteries getting drained past 3.7? That's really conservative, most mods drain batteries closer to 3.1-3.2 or somewhere round there. Only draining down to 3.7 is not really utilizing your cells potential. Going down to 3.4 or so is fine while still being ultra conservative.

shangula

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
British Columbia
Hi. I have a rhythm for charging at 0.5A on my Vtar that fits my life between home time and away time. I'm pretty good about not leaving bats on over night, and I do chance a short 10-20 mins away from apt sometimes. switching at 3.7 will mean the batteries have a longer longevity over the time you own them, money isnt a concern, but if I can squeeze them out longer then great, but mainly swapping at 3.7 ensures a proper rhythm of my routine (home time vs out of house time) alterntaively I could buy extra bats and a 6 bay charger. Im using the Crown 1 again, so I think next order I will order 2 x 0.5 Crown 1 and maybe 2 x 0.4 Crown 4 and see how it works OR I might just get back into RBA, I found all my old tools/wire/cotton.

-J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread