1.8 ohm coil running 2.5 ohms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I find that my coils ohms will go up as the coil gets gunked up. Sometimes in a day and sometimes much longer. The length of time depends on how much I have vaped through it and the sweetness of the liquid I am using. Clear liquid tends to burn cleaner than darker liquids. Lots of variables to consider.

ringling

Unresolved Status
Aug 19, 2015
My coolfire 4 is telling me my resistance is at 2.5 but the coil is rated at 1.8. Is this normal?
2.5 ohm reading with a 1.8 ohm coil is not normal what so ever. You have been given some good advice already. I did want to mention though that often when I change out a coil in my Kangers they read .2 ohms higher than they should. Once broken in they read correctly. I will say I have never seen them read that high though (2.5 ohm).

Moonlitwish

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Charlotte, NC, USA
2.5 ohm reading with a 1.8 ohm coil is not normal what so ever. You have been given some good advice already. I did want to mention though that often when I change out a coil in my Kangers they read .2 ohms higher than they should. Once broken in they read correctly. I will say I have never seen them read that high though (2.5 ohm).
So far that I've been checking, I've not had a single Kanger coil read right! Not for my aerotank or my subtank mini. But the difference has been about .2 like you said.
Is it a stock coil or one you wrapped? Either way it could just be a bad coil, hot spots and the like causing the ohms to jump. Replace it.;)
All stock. Not quite to building my own yet. I chucked the coil. The new one isn't vamping as nice, but maybe that's because I now have the subtank to compare it to.

*~*moonlitwish*~*

Reactions: ringling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread