$1.9 million ecig injury jury award

Status
Not open for further replies.

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
I suppose it was bound to happen with everyone and his brother trying to make a quick buck.... looks like for this company, easy come easy go. unfortunate ALL vapes will be lumped into the same group and "DANGER!!!!" will be bandied about. In the next few years we will live in those blister packs to avoid any injury............
Yes, and it happened in California, so now if its the usual scenario, California will make some totally ridiculous law, then all states will slowly adapt, then Federal laws... I am slowly becoming a vape Prepper!

disallowedword

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2010
Smokane, WA
How on earth did she have it on her lap with such a short corded charger?

Why would she have it on her lap if she wasn't using it?
I was thinking the same thing. Can't see her having it on her lap, but having an even harder time seeing how this device could emit enough flames and sparks to catch her on fire from 2-3 feet away!

Reactions: r77r7r

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    VapCigs_ehookah_Kit_zpsyhkmjr6l.png
    I used a very similar, probably almost exactly similar, vape for at least the first three months of my journey. I didn't have any problems with it at all, in fact a few CE4's & 900mAh batteries (both of which were currently used for a few days), and a few of that type of charger are in my 'backup stash.'

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I don't get it...the VapCigs (as in rhymes with cap? :facepalm:) e-hookah looks like such a high quality product.

VapCigs_ehookah_Kit_zpsyhkmjr6l.png

:rolleyes:

My guess is that she had a cigarette lighter to USB adapter.
    I have one that I use to charge my cell phone.

A venting battery of that size could easily spew nasty stuff in many directions.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    My guess is that she had a cigarette lighter to USB adapter.
    I have one of those. It doesn't put out enough amps to charge an eGo battery, so the charger LED just flashes a few times and the thing turns off. I think it does anyway, I have no intention to leave it and the battery hooked up to see what happens..

edit: wait, maybe I could make a couple million $$ :D

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    6992 kilometers from home...
    How on earth did she have it on her lap with such a short corded charger?

Why would she have it on her lap if she wasn't using it?

She thought it was something else...

Now that there has been a large enough judgement, there will be explosions and lawsuits on a daily basis...

Steamix

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2013
    Vapistan
    Considering the sheer number of lithium batteries that are powering mobile devices ( laptops, phones, tablets, etc., etc., and yes, vaping gear too ) all over the globe, it's bound to happen. Even if its only one in a million or one in a billion, it's not zero. But the chance that there's NOT some ambulance chaser around is exactly zero.

pursuit of happiness or is it per suit to happiness ?

Anyway ... let's be clear about one thing : The e-cigarette didn't go off - it was the battery mounted inside the e-cigarette.

Neither do laptops nor cellphones experience thermal runaway, the batteries installed in them do.

Of course, that little detail will be conveniently ignored by the many parties that want vaping to go away...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA
    angryvaper.crypticsites.com
    Considering the sheer number of lithium batteries that are powering mobile devices ( laptops, phones, tablets, etc., etc., and yes, vaping gear too ) all over the globe, it's bound to happen. Even if its only one in a million or one in a billion, it's not zero. But the chance that there's NOT some ambulance chaser around is exactly zero.

Shakespeare was a wise, wise man...

"First, let's kill all the lawyers." :D That would take out at least 3/4 of Wash DC in one swell foop.

Andria

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread