10 Things you might not Know about Nicotine...

Discussion in 'Nicotine' started by ejuiceconnoisseur, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ejuiceconnoisseur

ejuiceconnoisseur Senior Member

The following are a few interesting facts that you might not have known about nicotine. This can be helpful to those of you who are trying to defend your decision to vape E-cigarettes from the sceptical mindsets of friends, family, co-workers, etc. The misconception that nicotine is a carcinogen, and a dangerous drug, is often confused with the many other chemicals specifically in cigarettes that are carcinogenic, dangerous, unhealthy, etc. The following is a list of many of the health benefits of nicotine:

1. There are over 4,000 chemicals in the average cigarette… many of them carcinogenic. Nicotine is NOT one of them.

2. Nicotine has been found to reduce approach-avoidance behavior in animals, and healthy human volunteers.

3. Nicotine interacts with cell membranes in such a way as to ease the passage of certain ions through the membrane. This aids in, among other things, the communication between synapses in your brain, increasing cognitive functions... (Click here to read the rest of my article.)

2. ghola1was

ghola1was Super Member Verified Member

Interesting article. Thank you for posting your sources.

3. qorax

qorax Vaping Master Verified Member

Thanks for that share ejc.

4. ejuiceconnoisseur

ejuiceconnoisseur Senior Member

It was a fun article to write. I learned a few things myself, shich is the primary reason I do this. Thanks for reading!

5. trouble1000

trouble1000 PV Master of Valinor Verified Member

Supporting member
    That is an interesting read, thanks for posting.

6. SASmith

SASmith Super Member

I also found it very interesting.......thanks :)

7. Colleen T

Colleen T Full Member Verified Member

Excellent!! Thank you for sharing.:)

8. DoloresB

DoloresB Super Member

Thanks for the informative article. Glad to have found your blog. Lots of good reading there.

9. CocoaButter

CocoaButter Senior Member Verified Member

Interesting Article

10. Ramjet

Ramjet Super Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Wow, nice job!!! Hard to find this kind of stuff. Seems to be fairly well hidden from all of us for some reason :evil: Hmmm, ya, that may be it!

11. 2easy

2easy Full Member Verified Member

I have noticed how hard it is to concentrate when I tried to quit smoking cold turkey.One of the many reasons for switching to vape.Thank you for the well written article.

12. Deeo

Deeo Super Member

One thing I have been trying to find a debunk on is, does nicotine really constrict your blood vessels? One of the reasons I want to quit analogs is fear of stroke or heart attack.

13. Randyryansr

Randyryansr Senior Member

Enjoyed reading that. Thanks

14. AttyPops

AttyPops Yeah, I type stuff.

Supporting member
    Yes, sorry, it does.

15. rse1

rse1 Senior Member Verified Member

Supporting member
    Thank you very much for the info.
    Has anyone else noticed new health insurance forms that ask if the applicant uses nicotine (not whether they smoke or dip tobacco)? I wondered if they had any actuaries that showed deleterious effects from nicotine use or were merely extrapolating from studies of tobacco use.

16. sweetgypsea

sweetgypsea Senior Member Verified Member

Wow, I really had no idea that nicotine really had any major benefits. Thanks for sharing :D

17. Woody_

Woody_ Neurotic One Verified Member

Supporting member
    Excellent!! Thank you for sharing.

18. DonDripper

DonDripper Full Member

Good read, thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

19. lightbud404

lightbud404 Serial Vapist Verified Member

good read, thank you.

Thread Status: