Not open for further replies.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Yep I think you all are on the right track, I myself have been freezing NIC for over 3 years and store my bulk NIC in 1 liter bottles. I have 8, 120ml bottles so every time I break open a fresh 1 liter bottle I pour it into those 120ml bottles. One 120ml bottle I keep out as my working bottle which lasts me 3 - 4 months and the other 7 120ml bottles stay frozen. I keep my working 120ml bottle in the refrigerator when not in use which keeps it fresh and clear for the 3 - 4 month period of use.
The idea behind determining the size of the smaller bottles is answered by asking the question, "what size bottle allows me to keep out of the freezer only the amount that I will use up in 3 - 4 months"? For me it's 120ml's

I even premix my base 500mls at a time and keep that refrigerated when not in use. It stays fresh and clear for the 1 - 2 months that it is in use.

My kids are grown and on there own BUT if you have small children at home be cautious and keep NIC away from them. The freezer and refrigerator is a major point of interest to youngsters looking for goodies so if you need to keep your NIC in a lock box to store them in the freezer or refrigerator then do so. The extra expense and loss of freezer or refrigerator space is worth it as far as child health and safety is concerned.

Last edited:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Yep I think you all are on the right track, I myself have been freezing NIC for over 3 years and store my bulk NIC in 1 liter bottles. I have 8, 120ml bottles so every time I break open a fresh 1 liter bottle I pour it into those 120ml bottles. One 120ml bottle I keep out as my working bottle which lasts me 3 - 4 months and the other 7 120ml bottles stay frozen. I keep my working 120ml bottle in the refrigerator when not in use which keeps it fresh and clear for the 3 - 4 month period of use.
The idea behind determining the size of the smaller bottles is answered by asking the question, "what size bottle allows me to keep out of the freezer only the amount that I will use up in 3 - 4 months"? For me it's 120ml's

I even premix my base 500mls at a time and keep that refrigerated when not in use. It stays fresh and clear for the 1 - 2 months that it is in use.

My kids are grown and on there own BUT if you have small children at home be cautious and keep NIC away from them. The freezer and refrigerator is a major point of interest to youngsters looking for goodies so if you need to keep your NIC in a lock box to store them in the freezer or refrigerator then do so. The extra expense and loss of freezer or refrigerator space is worth it as far as child health and safety is concerned.

I put all of my 60ml bottles (each wrapped in a thin foam insulation and individually bagged) into a locked 30 caliber ammo can in the freezer, each can holds one liter. I like the safety and containment feature plus they are air/water tight for extra protection.

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Being new to this, here's what I did (feel free to admonish me if I took a wrong turn somewhere :D)

1 liter of 100mg nic 100%VG. Broke it down into 3 250ml bottles and 2 125ml bottles. One 125ml left out for mixing, rest sealed in a food saver bag with air sucked out. But after reading this thread, I may have to break into the bag and add some additional padding for protection?

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Being new to this, here's what I did (feel free to admonish me if I took a wrong turn somewhere :D)

1 liter of 100mg nic 100%VG. Broke it down into 3 250ml bottles and 2 125ml bottles. One 125ml left out for mixing, rest sealed in a food saver bag with air sucked out. But after reading this thread, I may have to break into the bag and add some additional padding for protection?
10+ years is a long time. Unexpected things are likely to happen over that time. You could make a list of possible mishaps or forced moves or power outages, etc. I decided carefull padding of the individual bottles was worth the trouble. I'm on the lookout for another sort of container that would accomplish the same goals, protect the glass from breaking and contain the liquid if it happens anyway.

Something to consider, the smoke of one cigarette exposes the smoker to 1 mg of nic. Cigs cost me $6 a pack, 30 cents per cig. A 1 liter bottle of 100 mg nic ($50) has 100,000 mg of nic. All of it gets into the vapor because there is no combustion. So 100,000 mg x 30 cents = $30,000 !!! In Chicago or NY that nic would cost $60,000 smoked in cigarettes. Your nic supply is precious. Your freezer is Fort Knox.
latest

Last edited:

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
...I'm on the lookout for another sort of container that would accomplish the same goals, protect the glass from breaking and contain the liquid if it happens anyway.
Me too.
I've been flirting with this style but don't know what size would be most space efficient for my 120 ml % 240 ml bottles.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I'm on the lookout for another sort of container that would accomplish the same goals, protect the glass from breaking and contain the liquid if it happens anyway.

For those that feel they additional protection from breakage. A 4oz (125ml) bottle should fit nicely inside 2" PVC pipe and a 8oz (250ml) bottle in a 2-1/2" PVC pipe. You can cap one end with a glue on cap and the other with a rubber removable cap. The 2-1/2" is not a common size but can be found.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
For those that feel they additional protection from breakage. A 4oz (125ml) bottle should fit nicely inside 2" PVC pipe and a 8oz (250ml) bottle in a 2-1/2" PVC pipe. You can cap one end with a glue on cap and the other with a rubber removable cap. The 2-1/2" is not a common size but can be found.
I'm thinking more along the lines of closed cell foam tubing. I haven't checked to see if such large diameters with somewhat thin wall is made. I need to fit 1 liter bottles.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
I'm thinking more along the lines of closed cell foam tubing. I haven't checked to see if such large diameters with somewhat thin wall is made. I need to fit 1 liter bottles.

Armaflex and Rubatex would be two name brands to look into. Not sure if they are made in sizes that large. Typically larger pipes are insulated with fiberglass.

Reactions: nilesong

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Armaflex and Rubatex would be two name brands to look into. Not sure if they are made in sizes that large. Typically larger pipes are insulated with fiberglass.
My experience is with closed cell foam that might be used in apolstery. Regardless do you know of a glue that would weld the edges of these materials strong enough for a long run in a freezer? Another possibility might be to glue the foam to the bottle. My 1 liter bottles will be used for no other purpose except to store the nic until it's divided into 4 250 ml bottles. Hmm. That would still need to be in a zip lock bag.

Last edited:

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
My experience is with closed cell foam that might be used in apolstery. Regardless do you know of a glue that would weld the edges of these materials strong enough for a long run in a freezer? Another possibility might be to glue the foam to the bottle. My 1 liter bottles will be used for no other purpose except to store the nic until it's divided into 4 250 ml bottles. Hmm. That would still need to be in a zip lock bag.

I would use a quality two sided tape on the edges, easier to apply. Some pre-split foam pipe insulation comes with one side already installed. You remove the backing while pressing the edges together.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I just took my 2 liters and cut them into 3 500mls wire top blue bottles I found at the U-Brew store. Took the last 500mls and cut into 50ml amber bottles I take out as I need them to make 100ml of the 48 nic I use, the 100ml of 48nic lasts my wife and I about 3-4 months. I cut up a cardboard coke case, made cardboard dividers and it holds 9 50ml jugs nicely. My kids are all grown up and not expecting grand kids for a couple more years so no real need to lock my nic up yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread