100mg/ml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2010
US
Why::confused: well, because it makes me nervous. That is all. I did buy the 100mg/ml from Xtremevaping, and it was a good deal overall, but now I've got this huge bottle of nicotine liquid, which came in a clear bottle with dropper, so I transfer some to an amber one with dropper for mixing, and the rest stays in the original bottle, inside a black cloth bag and sealed up. It just makes me nervous that it is around, since we have one teenager in the house, a nosy one, and 4 pets. I lock it in my cabinet when at work, but I also am messy with it, even though I try to be careful. I always get a few drops on the desk I mix at. So my reason would be that I don't want to have to worry about it as much, I have enough stuff to worry about:(

P.S. Maybe a little off topic, but I did a test on all my droppers, from 1-dram sized bottles to the 120ml bottle, and none of them equaled 20drops per ml. The smaller ones came to 20drops=.3ml, and the largest came to 20drops=.6ml. So I no longer use the 20drops per ml calculation. FWIW.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Why::confused: well, because it makes me nervous. That is all. I did buy the 100mg/ml from Xtremevaping, and it was a good deal overall, but now I've got this huge bottle of nicotine liquid, which came in a clear bottle with dropper, so I transfer some to an amber one with dropper for mixing, and the rest stays in the original bottle, inside a black cloth bag and sealed up. It just makes me nervous that it is around, since we have one teenager in the house, a nosy one, and 4 pets. I lock it in my cabinet when at work, but I also am messy with it, even though I try to be careful. I always get a few drops on the desk I mix at. So my reason would be that I don't want to have to worry about it as much, I have enough stuff to worry about:(

P.S. Maybe a little off topic, but I did a test on all my droppers, from 1-dram sized bottles to the 120ml bottle, and none of them equaled 20drops per ml. The smaller ones came to 20drops=.3ml, and the largest came to 20drops=.6ml. So I no longer use the 20drops per ml calculation. FWIW.

Drop size depends on liquid viscosity. I strongly recommend using syringes for volume accuracy and much less mess. Using drops to measure 100 mg juice is not good because there is way too much uncertainty in the actual nic concentration of the final juice. If you are sloppy with 100 mg you can get very sick or worse. 0.5 mL of that is fatal if injested all at once (and will get you sick it is gets on clean skin). If you have a lot of it, please see my storage thread I linked earlier in this thread.

As for discoloration, I cannot speak to the pink that levy is describing, as I do not know the extraction method that was used. I can speak to the natural yellowing that occurs with nic juice.

Nic does not "break down", it reacts with O2 to make brownish cotinine. There is trace O2 present in VG or PG, and with time it will all react with nic, especially if it is very high nic juice. However, the amount of reaction compared to the original amount of nic is generally almost nothing, and it takes almost no cotinine to yellow a juice.

All pharma drugs, including pharm grade nic, have a 1 year expiration by law. Very few of those drugs are significantly changed after one year (biological are the exception and the reason for the law). Pharma companies like the law because it makes people buy more. Pure free-base nic, when sealed and with no O2 in contact, will last essentially forever. Without O2 present, nic is very stable.

If anyone wants to just toss their 100 mg juice after a year, don't. Send it to me. I can assure you it still has >95% potency, and probably more like 99%, although it might be yellow. It is not unsafe at all, unless something has started growing in it. Even cotinine is active, although only about 40% that of nic. So even the reaction product is still viable. Cotinine is the body's metabolite of nic, so it is quite safe.

I spell out the chemical reasons for everything I did in the storage thread I linked. As a note about the yellowing and cold, it depends on the viscosity of the liquid at freezer temps, as this will influence the amount that nic moves around and finds an O2 molecule. PG is quite liquid at my freezer's temp, but VG is almost like glue, just barely still liquid. My 100 mg VG that has been in the freezer for almost 5 months is still colorless. My 100 mg VG that has been out at room temp for dispensing in that time has yellowed slightly. Chemical kinetics is still quite in place for nic juice.

How do I know these things? I have a PhD in chemistry and 30 years of experience in both research and teaching organic chemistry. The methods I described have been discussed in detail with the other seasoned chemists here. And while we have no multi-year data on how effective this storage method is, it does seem to be the best given our combined education in the field and what we know about the various components of nic juice. Safety and economics, as well as vaping excellence, are our prime objectives.

keveck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
aaa
How do I know these things? I have a PhD in chemistry and 30 years of experience in both research and teaching organic chemistry.

Wow.8-o
You seemed like you knew what you were talking about before, but now I really respect you a lot more. Good to know that we have people like you around here so we don't blow ourselves up.

Teaching organic chemistry!?? I can barely understand it, let alone try to teach it to someone. You need your own subforum with just a picture of a chalkboard and lots of scribbled drawings that I can try to furiously copy before you erase them. :D

Props to you, sir. :thumb:

MacDiver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2010
Morehead City, NC
I agree with what Switched said about the lack of cost savings.

To get cost per ml you multiply the mg by the ml and divide the result of that into the price. 50mg x 125ml = 6250. $31.00 / 6250 = 0.00496 or round to .50

That is an example using Xtremevapings 50mg, 125ml stuff.

If you use that formula you'll see that the price per ml is within a penny or so. Not worth that to mess with 100mg stuff. Even when I mix my 50mg nic and I get some on my hands I immediately go rinse them off.

:)

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
I did buy the 100mg/ml from Xtremevaping, and it was a good deal overall, but now I've got this huge bottle of nicotine liquid, … It just makes me nervous that it is around, …

Why don't you just dilute it down immediately to a more managable strenght? It depends of course on what you vape, but for example, 50ml of 100 nic juice and 90ml of PG/VG make 36mg/ml liquid. (50.4ml and 89.6ml, to be precise.) 36mg liquid is a good strenght to work with (unless of course you want to make 36mg finished juice, in which case you want the plain nic juice stronger). 18mg juice is 1:1, 24mg 2:1, 12mg 1:2, etc.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
I have basically a lab setup. I have 7 kids and they don't go anywhere near the office because of this. I sell 100mg/ml but if you are buying, you need to know what you are doing. nicotine in pure form is deadly. I wear gloves, wear a plastic apron, wear a mask and have free flow air in the building. This is not for the faint of heart. if you are going to DIY then use alot of caution if buying from distributors like me. We all let buyers know, be careful when buying straight stuff.
This industry is not for everybody, caution is important. if not, regulation is going to come hard and fast...

So you are saying that you mix this stuff in a spare bedroom with out any additional precautions. Wearing a mask and having a fan blowing in a spare bedroom is not the best setup.

I would be very reluctant to purchase supplies that are being mixed in a house with a spare bedroom, basement, or garage. Yep it sounds like sanitary conditions to me (LOL). Sorry but I will stick to using real nicotine provided from extraction and mixed in a lab environment instead of some makeshift lab at your house. Of course so many vendors here claim their product is made in the USA. However most fail to mention that they purchase Nicotine from China and mix with flavors in unsanitary environment.

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
So you are saying that you mix this stuff in a spare bedroom with out any additional precautions. Wearing a mask and having a fan blowing in a spare bedroom is not the best setup.

I would be very reluctant to purchase supplies that are being mixed in a house with a spare bedroom, basement, or garage. Yep it sounds like sanitary conditions to me (LOL). Sorry but I will stick to using real nicotine provided from extraction and mixed in a lab environment instead of some makeshift lab at your house. Of course so many vendors here claim their product is made in the USA. However most fail to mention that they purchase Nicotine from China and mix with flavors in unsanitary environment.

That coming from someone who promotes an AZ based site that provides zero background info on it's products, even in the product descriptions lol

Our Aroma Ejuice contains nicotine

Very informative

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread