100W Eleaf iStick

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveF90

Aug 14, 2015
England
So I just got my new 100W iStick today, I've been vaping at around 40-45W and I noticed the juice tastes burnt. It can't be the coil as its a .5ohm vertical coil which can take up to 60W. Could it be the juice? I'm vaping Fuzion Vapor Prime Valhalla. So nice. But that burnt taste is there. I haven't really had much flavour off this juice for a while regardless of what coil I'm using. Anyone have any ideas? Pics for reference ;)

P.S thanks SusanS for the info on the 100W iStick :)

b0c4353c3fd0bbd034180690a3712eb0.jpg

Reactions: Tom li

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
that coil looks done for me sorry. Maybe it is the picture but thats not how it should look like? Isn't that completely burnt in the middle of the coil? Top part looks good, but there is a really burnt mark in there.

Just a tiny bit burnt cotton will kill all flavor

These "up to 60W" is depending on your VG/PG ratio. High VG can't go that high. I am fine with 45W for an 70VG juice though.

Last edited:

SteveF90

Aug 14, 2015
England
that coil looks done for me sorry. Maybe it is the picture but thats not how it should look like? Isn't that completely burnt in the middle of the coil? Top part looks good, but there is a really burnt mark in there.

Just a tiny bit burnt cotton will kill all flavor

These "up to 60W" is depending on your VG/PG ratio? High VG can't go that high. I am fine with 45W for an 70VG juice though.

Oh .... yeah your right. How did I miss that?!?!? Thank you!! I'm guessing my juice is probably around the 70-80% mark. Thanks again!

Daisychainvaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2015
No problem. Then stick to 35-40 for now. And start low when using a new coil! Go to around 25W for the first half tank and then rise the wattage. New coils wick bad (and taste bad). They need to break in a while until you can go full speed.

My TVF coil needs to go a full tank at 50W, then I can go to 90 and then to 120W (in theory.. I keep it at around 95...) :)

Oh, btw, thanks for the picture of the iStick... I think this is the first real life pic of the black one I saw. Mine is on the way too.

JimDrock

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2015
GA
No problem. Then stick to 35-40 for now. And start low when using a new coil! Go to around 25W for the first half tank and then rise the wattage. New coils wick bad (and taste bad). They need to break in a while until you can go full speed.

My TVF coil needs to go a full tank at 50W, then I can go to 90 and then to 120W (in theory.. I keep it at around 95...) :)

Oh, btw, thanks for the picture of the iStick... I think this is the first real life pic of the black one I saw. Mine is on the way too.

Daisy you said that your burnt taste is random, I have also had a similar issue with my subtank nano and the cause, in my case, was air bubbles were sticking just inside of the wicking hole on the OCC (vaping a 70/30 VG/PG juice).

The bubbles would block juice from getting to the wick, causing a partial dry/burn hit. This may be what is causing your burnt taste, you'll be able to see the air bubble if that is the case. Hope that helps. :)

Reactions: roxynoodle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread