14500 3.7V 750mAh vs. 18650 3.7V 3000mAh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timothy Cullen

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Hanson, Kentucky, United States
no i dont think so becuase the dimensions of the 18650 is a lot longer the 14500 is almost doulbe aa sized thus the promince of its use in AA battery box mods. what you should check out is the 18500 its only a little shorter but about 4mm thicker than the 14500. Link:
https://www.madvapes.com/Ultrafire-Protected-18500-Lithium-Ion-Battery_p_2038.html

So would this battery be ok to use in place of a 750mAh. No way I want to damage anything but I would like to get few more hours use between charging.

Timothy Cullen

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2010
Hanson, Kentucky, United States
in truth if it fits its not gonna hurt the mod. the mah just refers to mili amps per hour. usually rule of thumb is 100 mili amps equals 1 hour of use. some get more some get less it just depends. but its not gonna hurt the mod at all just give it better run time. even the ampereage shouldnt hurt the mod as long as the switch is rated right.

im not sure if it fits then yes it would work its still a 3.7v batt but becuase of the 4mm in diameter if its a 14500 specific mod im not sure... anyways what mod is that your using becuase that also plays alot into it.

Last edited:
I have a ProVape-1. It usually lasts around 8 hours give or take. Not too big of a deal but it would really be nice if I had a battery that would last all day. Plus the cold temp. seems to drain it a little more as well or I'm just thinking it does. No way I want to damage my ProVape but I'm always looking for anything that might improve something.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Spriddle I use the AW 14500's listed on the Provape site. IMO they are much better than the standard batts and deliver consistent power throughout the drain cycle. No matter which type the 14500 is still a "small" (sub 1000mah) battery and with heavy vaping and driving LR atty's I get about 4 - 5 hours off a charge.

Spriddle I use the AW 14500's listed on the Provape site. IMO they are much better than the standard batts and deliver consistent power throughout the drain cycle. No matter which type the 14500 is still a "small" (sub 1000mah) battery and with heavy vaping and driving LR atty's I get about 4 - 5 hours off a charge.

Thanks Liv, I have the AW batteries as well. And I use the LR 510 atty's. I usually get around 8 hrs with mine though. Guess I should be really happy with this. I mainly asked out of curiousity and the fact that I'm always interested in making something better if I can. Sometimes it ends up going the wrong direction so I try to ask questions first now. LOL!!

But thanks guys for all the info. It has definitely helped me out. I've also done other reading on the matter. Your posts helped.

mdocod

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Colorado
Thanks Liv, I have the AW batteries as well. And I use the LR 510 atty's. I usually get around 8 hrs with mine though. Guess I should be really happy with this. I mainly asked out of curiousity and the fact that I'm always interested in making something better if I can. Sometimes it ends up going the wrong direction so I try to ask questions first now. LOL!!

But thanks guys for all the info. It has definitely helped me out. I've also done other reading on the matter. Your posts helped.

Are you using IMR14500s from AW or his protected (black label) LiCo cells?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread