14500 battery charger from FastTech questions

Discussion in 'FastTech' started by joejoe, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. joejoe

joejoe Senior Member

I just recently purchased a SuperT Precise Simplicity and 3 AW IMR 14500 batteries. I was a bit impulsive on buying the battery charger and bought one without doing any research. I bought the following charger from FastTech and due to the price, I'm afraid I bought something that is either dangerous, or incompatible with my batteries. I can't find any information about it. Will this charger work with my AW IMR 14500 batteries? What are the draw backs of this charger?

$3.74 Portable Digital Battery Charger for 14500 Rechargeable Batteries - US plug / charges two 14500 at once at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thank you

2. unsure

unsure ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thats a good price but I have several mods that use different size batts so that wouldn't help me.

[​IMG]

3. kiwivap

kiwivap Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yes it will charge your 14500 batteries - its a charger for rechargeables.
    The drawback is you've bought a no-name cheap charger. The quality may not be very good and you take a risk. I won't lecture you with horror stories - but your choice isn't the best and I do strongly recommend you get yourself something better. I wouldn't use it.
    This is a good charger - lots of vapers are using the Nitecore 12s:
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-batte

Other good chargers are Xtar or Pila.

4. joejoe

joejoe Senior Member

This is what I'm looking for. I couldn't find any reviews of these chargers and would like to read some of those stories and why I should or shouldn't use this charger. I read this charger has built in battery protection and fault detection, so I would like to know what the risks are above these features, or if these features don't work on this particular charger.

Thanks guys.

5. joejoe

joejoe Senior Member

6. kiwivap

That's one issue - how do we find reviews of a no-name charger? I prefer to use something that has reviews and a good track record that is known. Your charger may have those features you mention but I would question the quality control on such a cheap generic unit.

7. kiwivap

I don't know that one - there should be some reviews online. All the best with it.

8. unsure

unsure ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Pila Xtar are the best chargers. Do you need the best...I'd argue no. You dont want the cheapest either. 4+ years of vaping and Trustfires have been safe and worked well for me...just my opinion.

Battery chargers at RTD Vapor

9. kiwivap

I have a couple of Trustfire TR-001s that have worked ok for me. If I use them its for the 18350s. Mostly though I use an Xtar WP2 that is a very good and not too expensive charger. It can charge the 18650s quicker and is a better quality. Its this one:
    http://www.rtdvapor.com/online-store/battery-chargers/xtar-wp2-ii-detail
    The Nitecore 12 on the RTD Vapor page is the same one Fasttech are selling cheaper with free shipping:
    http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/...ore-i2-lithium-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-batte

: fasttech
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.