1590g Mosfet box, need help, tried everything i know of...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deftonerdad

Jun 14, 2014
United States
Someone over on reddit openpv ( http://www.reddit.com/r/OpenPV/comments/324ouo/mosfet_troubleshooting_help/ ) had similar problems which were fixed by getting a FET from mouser. He also had tried different ebay fets and none of them were good. It worked fine when he put in a legitimate fet. Never underestimate the ability of folks to make a low quality copy of anything, even a two dollar transistor.

thanks man!!! which fet should i get from mouser? irlb 3034?:)

deftonerdad

Jun 14, 2014
United States
Can you try voltage reading with atty attached multimeter leads on inside box 510 connector center pin + to connector - with and without firing button pressed. Also if you know how to use ohm meter you can start at each solder point with one lead and go to the end of circuit and work your way back to find the problem.

tried that man and same effect. power makes it to 510 without atty attached and gets nothing from fet when atty is attached.

jblack741

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2014
Detroit
I only bought 1 fet from ebay and it didn't work for me. I thought it was something I had done wrong, like burn it up or short it out but I never got it to fire and I was using the exact schematic that's on FindMyVapes for an unregulated mode. I bought from mouser and soldered it into the circuite and wala! Just took mod apart to finish the sanding and paint job. Mosfet used.

drmarble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2014
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
just got my mosfets in from mouser. hooked one up and it worked first time. thanks gents!

That just goes to show: don't trust ebay parts.
Glad it is working well. It is worth the couple extra dollars to get it working. Those fake fets don't seem very reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread