1590G Raptor 20A box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clerps

Nov 12, 2015
Hey guys, this is my second build and I kinda wanted to show it off to some people to get some feed back on what they though and how I could possible improve. My soldering is not the best and I know that i am working on that lol

Here's my build! (had to switch out my 510 connector since the lead was too long so thats why it looks different in different pictures)

Reactions: Tagi

Clerps

Nov 12, 2015
Nice.......most people use the OKL board in those box's because its smaller. You did a nice job fitting all of that in there its not easy.

It wasnt. I might go OKL on the next build. Not because of the size but because the soldering points for the OKL are way easier to use. The raptor was really difficult to solder to when I have to cut all the leads to fit in the box.

rhelton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2014
spokane, wa
It wasnt. I might go OKL on the next build. Not because of the size but because the soldering points for the OKL are way easier to use. The raptor was really difficult to solder to when I have to cut all the leads to fit in the box.
Yah that makes sense. I have a raptor I did a couple years ago or so and its been a great device. They are easy to use and the power delivery is great from them. How do you like the Fat Daddy 510, I got first one not long ago always using Varitube's and its weird cause it seems half the threads are missing. When you put your atty on it, it goes in half way before the threads catch. I am not sure I like that very much the Varitubes catch on the first thread.

Clerps

Nov 12, 2015
Yah that makes sense. I have a raptor I did a couple years ago or so and its been a great device. They are easy to use and the power delivery is great from them. How do you like the Fat Daddy 510, I got first one not long ago always using Varitube's and its weird cause it seems half the threads are missing. When you put your atty on it, it goes in half way before the threads catch. I am not sure I like that very much the Varitubes catch on the first thread.

I like the Fat daddy's. Ive used both and they work the same. Ive had no issue with the fat daddy connecting with the threads immediately. Only reason why I go with the fat daddy over the varitube is purely aesthetics. I think the fat daddys look cooler lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread