BCFCMike

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Bristol, England

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
So I've been vaping for about a month now from 2plus packs a day and I still go thru a bottle a day. I just ordered a sampler 5pack from fuzion Vapor I am trying to find a good place to order juice online so I can save the money I should be saving by quitting cigarettes. I'm also trying to find a juice I can vape on all day every day and the only one so far I like is Astro by Spacejam. But I can't really find and better deal than like over 20 bucks for 30ml.

Who are the best juice vendors online?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

I started with juice/liquid from my local B&M (5.95/10 ml) and have only been vaping a couple months but later did some online ordering to try to save money and also "see what all the fuss was about". I just gathered a bunch of reviews from here where a LOT of people seemed to like this or that place, figured that at least was an idea. I ordered a sampler of "everything" $33 from AiV (Alice in Vapeland) and picked a few flavors order from Virgin Vapors, Heather's Heavenly. After that I finally went with MtBakerVapor (Nicoticket eventually when MBV was out of my couple of faves--can't comment on that yet, I haven't tried it all).

I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE getting the "vapemail" and now know what the excitement there is about, lol

And I was super super happy that I liked a number of the MBVs because they seem to be the cheapest around and who doesn't want to save money. The others I found maybe 1, maybe 2 out of 4-5 or more that I liked. And I wanted to like Alice in Vapeland so much but all the flavors were too mild for me, however there were none that I "hated." I saved them and maybe after sitting/steeping for several weeks I will have a different opinion. Also since I only quit smoking about 2 weeks into gaping, my tastebuds are changing as people here suggested.

My experience was marred by the fact I felt I spent "far too much" for the short time I've been vaping to get whole 10 ml/15 ml bottles of stuff I might never like much (most of it is vapable and I am working on it! lol)

So My suggestion would be 2 things:

1. Know what blend you want, like 100% VG, or 50/50 or whatever. Also know what nic level you like and do well on.

in your area there must be a number of B&Ms, go do some tasting. I have found there are several flavors I would love (carmel, vanilla, chocolate examples) in FOOD but the chemicals or whatever in vaping it and whoever is trying to recreate it, my palate tastes only "perfumy" or "tastes like chemicals". everyone's tastes are different. But if you try some "categories" (ie "fruit" or "tobacco") at a B&M and like it but don't want to buy it there, you will know better where to start with online.

I would say online ordering is "cheaper" once you know what you like --especially if you try MBV (least expensive I've found) and find you like some. I even ended up ordering a 236 ml bottle of UNFLAVORED from them! I mean if I didn't like it, I knew I could later order flavors and do some fledgling DIY. Heck if those AiV samples don't pan out on several week's steep, I can throw them one at a time in the unflavored in a tank or 2.

Now I am talking as a person who seems to have a "crippled palate" but there must be more out there like me--stuff either tastes "good" or "too mild" or "nasty" to me, I don't often identfy it as "great coffee/vanilla/grape/whatever" flavor. But I did get 2 flavors that I thought, "OMG that is a GREAT green tea flavor (free sample from MBV)" but guess what I don't care for green tea at all :( And another from Heather's was a "spot on tobacco flavor" but I quit likeing those well within a month of vaping lol

$20 for 30 ml sounds real steep to me as a habit but if you just LOVE it, well keep it around always, but try to see if you like some of the less expensive vendors, you can go dizzy headed reading all the various reviews here, the liquids forum, people will post about who has the best...carmel, coffee, chocolate, tobacco etc.

Please be sure to post when you start trying stuff out!

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
Originally Posted by yzer
15ml per day seems like an extreme amount to me.

1. What nicotine strength are you using?
2. Are you smoking, too?
3. Have you read this? Inhalation technique with an e-cigarette

[/B]
All that info is actually new to me :D So if you want the best nicotine affect, you don't take the vapor back, just in your mouth? What about throat hit etc?

Like you (I assume) I smoked cigarettes for years and this link is a great one. I did some additional googling about "how to smoke a pipe/how to smoke a cigar" and it seems that e-cig smoking is more similar to cigar smoking where you draw it into your mouth, taste, and then you *can* pull it into your lungs--or not. I do "lung hits" but I have trained myself to first draw it into my mouth then into lungs it's much better for me that way. Hope that helps...

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
[/B]

All that info is actually new to me :D So if you want the best nicotine affect, you don't take the vapor back, just in your mouth? What about throat hit etc?
The more contact the vapor has with your body tissue the more nicotine you may absorb. So, if you want the most nicotine from each hit then hold in the mouth and throat, inhale and hold to the lungs, then exhale slowly through the nose.

Everyone develops a favorite vaping technique over time. I don't inhale to the lungs that much anymore. I found that I could get plenty of nicotine by holding vapor in the mouth and throat and exhaling slowly through the nose. I didn't find that holding vapor in the lungs helped that much or that I needed it for a satisfying vaping experience. Smoking technique was entirely different for me.

For me, throat hit is a function of nicotine strength and vaping wattage. The more of each, the more TH. However, I found that some nicotine bases had better TH than others.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Using a mechanical mod and an Igo-W dripper 15ml doesn't sound too crazy.
I'm looking at about 10ml. A solution would be nice.

That's true. The device you use can make a lot of difference. I go through probably double with some clearos as opposed to carto/tanks.

BCFCMike

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Bristol, England
The more contact the vapor has with your body tissue the more nicotine you may absorb. So, if you want the most nicotine from each hit then hold in the mouth and throat, inhale and hold to the lungs, then exhale slowly through the nose.

Everyone develops a favorite vaping technique over time. I don't inhale to the lungs that much anymore. I found that I could get plenty of nicotine by holding vapor in the mouth and throat and exhaling slowly through the nose. I didn't find that holding vapor in the lungs helped that much or that I needed it for a satisfying vaping experience. Smoking technique was entirely different for me.

For me, throat hit is a function of nicotine strength and vaping wattage. The more of each, the more TH. However, I found that some nicotine bases had better TH than others.

So for the throat hit and only letting the vapor go as far as the throat for maximum nicotine affect, only do half an inhale? If that makes sense... That way, it doesn't go down to your lungs but just your throat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread