18350 mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Fair enough. Also never heard of this steel. Looking it up I did't find much. I saw some info for CX8 and that one is 90% Tungsten and I guess yours might be similar. If that's the case, it must be very hard to work with because I see it's quite a dense metal. Much denser than 316L. The mod though must have nice conductivity. Just for curiosity, have you ever done a voltage drop test?

AvrlFog

Nov 5, 2014
France
Sorry, I made a mistake, it's XC48 steel, a classical hard steel .

Conductivity have been tested by e-cig magazine and they found it very good :thumbs:
For me, the material of the mod body don't change a lot on the global conductivity of a mod.

The principal problem is the switch. My switch is excellent (and it's mine :w00t: ! ), the other problems just concern clouds chasers and a 18350 or 18500 can't be a clouds chaser.

Voltage drop test is just another marketing smoke :rolleyes: I really don't understand how it can be used to compare mods. Anyway
I don't have tools to make it with the needed precision.

The way I use to test my switch is the following : Take a 18650 Tupti, put a good battery, screw a 0,1 ohm dripper and vape .
In that condition the switch start to warm, so it is not perfect but my purpose was only to make a good switch, comfortable and
indestructible in a small size .
When I'll make a sub-ohm mod, I won't try to reduce its size but will just look to its conductivity.

Just my point of view :blink:

Reactions: WattWick
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread