• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

18650 Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017
It would be tough for anyone to answer that question since we don't know what town you live in ;):w00t:
Have you tried a local vape shop?
Sorry... This is Singapore. Vaping is illegal due to our government's greed and blatant ignorance.
They would rather profit from outrageously high tobacco taxes and have us smoke analogs and inhale over 4000 toxic chemicals, of which at least 60 will cause cancer... Instead of vaping and Inhaling only 2 by-products of PG+VG, exclusive of nicotine within e-liquids.
Frikkin insane, huh? :w00t:

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017
It is insane but I'll be damned if I didn't loose my Singapore phone book.

I wish I could help. Damn shame what they are doing to people over there, money rules.
Damm straight it does! F**k this sh*t.
Anyways, i already ordered a twin pack LG HG2, which my dear american bro is using as well. It will arrive within 24 hours.
Your assistance is much appreciated. :thumb:

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
Fstop Lights is a flashlight shop in Kovan. Prices on batteries are a bit high, but they are all genuine.

25 Lowland Road
Singapore 547415

If you don't mind waiting about 7-10 days, you can get batteries from www.gearbest.com. I have Sony VTC5 from there as well as Samsung 30Q. Seems the real deal, and prices are good.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017
Fstop Lights is a flashlight shop in Kovan. Prices on batteries are a bit high, but they are all genuine.

25 Lowland Road
Singapore 547415

If you don't mind waiting about 7-10 days, you can get batteries from www.gearbest.com. I have Sony VTC5 from there as well as Samsung 30Q. Seems the real deal, and prices are good.
I ordered a twin pack of LG HG2's from Qoo10. It has been shipped off to me already. Now, hopefully it's from a domestic seller and sgpost delivers the dang batteries to me by today (friday).
Those VTC5 are actually the best for mods. They can hit 35A(Con't Discharge) after Sony tested them. No other batteries can hit 35A... however, it is known that there are tons of VTC5 clones out there due to it's popularity & performance, as well as the scarcity of authentic VTC5's.

Problem is how to diffenciate between a piece of knock-off crap and an authentic piece? I also realised from reading a couple of articles that authentic VTC5 batteries are no longer in production after end of 2016/early 2017.

Not surprisingly, even LG HG2's are also being cloned... Or re-wrapped with HE4's.
Vendors are also none the wiser as they import them without any knowledge of the true authenticity of their products.

Last edited:

adept1

Verified Member
Sep 17, 2017
Yes, you're right. There are a lot of fake batteries in the market, and yes, sometimes the sellers don't even know. There are plenty of guides and videos online to help spot fakes.

Yes, Sony does not technically make batteries anymore, as they have sold their battery business to Murata. However, new cells are still made and labeled as Sony.

Based on what I've received from Gearbest, all appear to be legit based on both appearance and performance, so I suggest you buy some cells from them.

Oh, one more thing. Don't try 35A continuous on a VTC5! It's about 20A at reasonable heat levels. This is still plenty of current for most applications.

• Agree

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017
Yes, you're right and yes, sometimes the sellers don't even know. There are plenty of guides and videos online to help spot fakes.

Yes, Sony does not technically make batteries anymore, as they have sold their battery business to Murata. However, new cells are still made and labeled as Sony.

Based on what I've received from Gearbest, all appear to be legit based on both appearance and performance, so I suggest you buy some cells from them.

Oh, one more thing. Don't try 35A continuous on a VTC5! It's about 20A at reasonable heat levels. This is still plenty of current for most applications.

Thanks for your feedback.
Well, i have already received my LG HG2's and they appear to be legit. I'm super pleased. :D
Price was exceptionally reasonable as well.
I examined the batteries using the following URL as a guide -

Can you identify the fake LG HG2 18650 Battery?

The order was from Qoo10 and it was delivered into my mailbox within 36 hrs after i placed the order... Excellent service i must say. :thumb:

Cheers & vape safe.

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017
Hi, you could simply go over to carousell. I got them from there and each cost around $15-20. It's authentic.

Thanks, bro...
I already got a twin pack LG HG2's for 30 bucks.
DSC_3198.JPG

I'm vaping at 11 to 13A. So, the 20A of the HG2's is actually more than adequate.

valerian

Nov 19, 2017
i am a little bit fearful of getting sony vtc 5s. im the kind of guy that reads alot of counterfeit stuff, and i cannot definitively know what is fake and what is real. its also very telling that there are none sold on sites like lazada that have a very very strong anti-counterfeiting policy (since those are b2c). whereas sites like qoo10 (and yes carousell) which are largely unregulated are a bit more dubious.

i did think of trying gearbest once...then i even read an article on how even gearbest has fakes. and no one lists the brand as sony anymore on there (the few i saw are just called US18650 VTC5). sigh, its all too confusing. i just wish sellers would be honest and just call them clones - i wouldnt mind buying good quality clones but you just gotta be upfront....

but thats life.

errolng

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Home
i am a little bit fearful of getting sony vtc 5s. im the kind of guy that reads alot of counterfeit stuff, and i cannot definitively know what is fake and what is real. its also very telling that there are none sold on sites like lazada that have a very very strong anti-counterfeiting policy (since those are b2c). whereas sites like qoo10 (and yes carousell) which are largely unregulated are a bit more dubious.

i did think of trying gearbest once...then i even read an article on how even gearbest has fakes. and no one lists the brand as sony anymore on there (the few i saw are just called US18650 VTC5). sigh, its all too confusing. i just wish sellers would be honest and just call them clones - i wouldnt mind buying good quality clones but you just gotta be upfront....

but thats life.

gearbest has been pretty reliable over the years and getting other brands like lg or samsung do the job just as well.
btw, lazada does sell fakes and bs products as well

Cloudy44

Moved On
Sep 3, 2017

but thats life.

U want genuine VTC5's...
Order from Qoo10.
Just Make sure the seller is "JASITC".
Ronald Tan is the dude to look for.

Place your order early morning, preferably before 8am. Then, U will receive your batteries within 36 hrs. If u order after that timing on Thursdays, then expect it on Mondays.
I ordered my HG2's on Thursday 2am, i got them on Friday 2pm in my mailbox.
Super impressive! :thumbs:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread