18650 battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Hey whats up guys so i dropped one of my 18650s and the positive end dented in should i be concerned? the wrap and everything is still intact. if you guys need pics il upload them but if you look at your 18650 on the positive side you will see how its even but mine just dented in

Post pictures but I think you won't be able to use that battery anymore. Especially if the denting has tilted the top a bit. That would mean only a tiny bit of the top of the battery is touching the metal contact of your mod and that could cause a lot of heat.

What mod are you using? What coil resistance/power levels are you vaping?

anthonyiro

Mar 24, 2015
    Michigan USA
    i normally vape .7-1 ohm and i am using a subox or a kbox and the denting is pretty even everything still makes connection one sec on the pic
    Post pictures but I think you won't be able to use that battery anymore. Especially if the denting has tilted the top a bit. That would mean only a tiny bit of the top of the battery is touching the metal contact of your mod and that could cause a lot of heat.

anthonyiro

Mar 24, 2015
    Michigan USA

IMAG0014.jpg

compared too a good one

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Wow, quite a dent. Looks like it got dropped while still in the mod and the positive pin of the mod pressed it in.
    I don't know the shape of the kbox's positive pin, or if it can still solidly reach the battery. From here, I have to recommend tossing the battery. They're inexpensive (for something that lasts at least a year) and you don't have to worry about it.

anthonyiro

Mar 24, 2015
    Michigan USA
    Wow, quite a dent. Looks like it got dropped while still in the mod and the positive pin of the mod pressed it in.
    I don't know the shape of the kbox's positive pin, or if it can still solidly reach the battery. From here, I have to recommend tossing the battery. They're inexpensive (for something that lasts at least a year) and you don't have to worry about it.

haha you are correct sir! it was dropped while in the mod and yeah your right might as well toss it.....that bring me to my next question, how do i get rid of these batteries properly? :sneaky: btw suprised nothing happend too my subox : o

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Glad your subox survived!

With that dent it will be hard to safely discharge it down to 3V or so to reduce the energy it's carrying.
    There are battery recycling dropoff points in a lot of electronics stores...don't have specific recommendations, sorry. I would place a folded wad of paper over the positive end and wrap it in a couple layers of duct tape or packing tape first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread