18650 Face off - Sony1600mah 30 Amp Battery VS Panasonic 2250 CGR18650CH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thraizer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
Nj
Agree with Jimi, the 30 amp sony's are a bit overkill for the svd and its only a 1600mah batt. There's also a sony 18650 rated at 2150mah @ 10amp's but haven't heard anyone using it. Jimi, at what voltage do you charge your sony's? curious, I charge them once the voltage goes down to 3.8v I do find that it doesn't last that long probably because I'm vaping on it like crazy lol :D

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
I vape until around the high 7's. Since I've added the silver conductive coating, I'm getting longer battery life from the K100. My Nzonic and Trident atty drains them fast, because the resistance is sooo low.

Nsanejain

Feb 27, 2013
GA, USA
So I am just now getting into mech and rda with sub ohms. I have some grey pannie cgr cg right now, and am unsure how safe they are with sub ohms. How low can I go with those? Also was looking to get some mnke but saw these sonys at fasttech that do 30 amps, are these just as safe as mnkes? I can get 2 of them vs 1 mnke. Thanks in advance.

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
So I am just now getting into mech and rda with sub ohms. I have some grey pannie cgr cg right now, and am unsure how safe they are with sub ohms. How low can I go with those? Also was looking to get some mnke but saw these sonys at fasttech that do 30 amps, are these just as safe as mnkes? I can get 2 of them vs 1 mnke. Thanks in advance.
So far the 30 amp batts are working good. I made a quad coil yesterday and it held up good. The heat from the atty warmed the battery pretty good, but that was to be expected with that insane setup. I went back to duals after a few hits of hot vapor. Next time I'll use less wraps :D

Nsanejain

Feb 27, 2013
GA, USA
I take that as a yes, lol. So as far as my pannies I have now, do I just figure up how many amps my set up will use, and as long as thats under ten amps, and I do short bursts I should be being pretty safe? I mean I know there are no absolutes, but the last thing I need for myself or the community is to be unsafe. I mean trust me I would tell no one lol! But just trying to see where I should keep it til I get these in. I won't want to go too low anyway, maybe. .5 at the absolute lowest with aiming for about.8ohms. Thanks and nice vape!

CrazyIvan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2012
Atlanta
So how are these better over the pannys exactly? I use 0.6 ohm coils so according to my calculations, I "only" use 20-25 watts and a little over 6 amps. The main issue for me is that the low ohm coils drain the batteries too fast, even the panny 18650s at 2200mAh. So buying a higher amp battery with lower mAh doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps I'm not fully understanding the benefit, in which case feel free to educate me.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I'd be more worried vaping American GMO nic base than batteries.

gmo nic base? looks like im off to the DIY subforum...

I vape until around the high 7's. Since I've added the silver conductive coating, I'm getting longer battery life from the K100. My Nzonic and Trident atty drains them fast, because the resistance is sooo low.

im glad you guys posted this. for the longest time i couldnt figure out why people didnt care about voltage loss due to a draining battery on mechs. i thought nobody cared that the vape significantly changes. some kinda sub-ohm magic or whatever. but now it makes sense. you DO care that the voltage drops, even though youve got a sub-ohm. thats how i would be. and its why i never saw the need to go sub-ohm with a pure mech, meaning no kick. charging at 3.7-8 sounds tedious. then again, all you need is more batts...and who doesnt need moar batts? :D

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
Last edited:

card

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2013
TX
I too am looking to buy some good batteries and have been toying around with 1.5 ohm coils but my efest 18350 version twos (800mah) and no name 18650, which have IMG 18650 2200MAH 3.7V printed on them), are causing my shortstop to trip any time I go below about 1.9 ohms. Right now I have a 1.5 ohm coil in an Igo L, Pv is sigelei mech 20 version 2 with hot spring and copper connection and fuse is tripping and always trips on coils below 1.9. Would the sony 30 amp batteries be safe coils with this much resistance? What would be the maximum res you would go with these batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread