18650 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnn20

May 6, 2016
I bought a wismec that takes a single 18650 or a 26650 battery The store gave me a 18650 that only last about an hour before it is deaf also it charges really fast like 20 min. I don't know if I am charging it wrong or if it is a faulty battery. I charge it through the e-cig plugged in an outlet. kinda of pi$$ing me off any advise would be appreciated thanks.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Select and purchase a new quality battery from a reputable vendor.
(I would encourage you to buy TWO batteries and an external charger)
Best of luck
I
mooch.jpeg

Reactions: Hitmetwice

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Could you tell us the model of the mod, and the battery? It sounds to me like the charger board is bad. An 18650 shouldn't charge in 20 mins. But yes, you should buy a top quality 20A battery or two, and a quality external charger. Tell me what mod you have, and I'll recommend one.

johnnn20

May 6, 2016
Could you tell us the model of the mod, and the battery? It sounds to me like the charger board is bad. An 18650 shouldn't charge in 20 mins. But yes, you should buy a top quality 20A battery or two, and a quality external charger. Tell me what mod you have, and I'll recommend one.
I have a wismec Presa TC100W the store sold me a 18650 battery, but it can also take a 26650

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
It's a purple battery and it says gn-18650-5000mah
The store sold you a "flashlight" battery. It's an ICR chemistry battery, and CANNOT be used in your mod.

• A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
  • For those who want to learn the differences between IMR, IMR/hybrid, ICR, and LiPo batteries. What do those numbers and letters on batteries mean? What's an amp rating and why is it more important than the mAh rating when choosing a battery for vaping?
You need an IMR or IMR/hybrid battery with at least 20A CDR (continuous discharge rating).
  • A 20 CDR battery can be use up to 60 watts.
  • For +60 watts you will need a 30A CDR battery.
  • According to the manufacturer you should not go above 75 watts with an 18650 battery.
Look at the pictoral that @Izan posted and choose a battery from it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

johnnn20

May 6, 2016
The store sold you a "flashlight" battery. It's an ICR chemistry battery, and CANNOT be used in your mod.

• A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
  • For those who want to learn the differences between IMR, IMR/hybrid, ICR, and LiPo batteries. What do those numbers and letters on batteries mean? What's an amp rating and why is it more important than the mAh rating when choosing a battery for vaping?
You need an IMR or IMR/hybrid battery with at least 20A CDR (continuous discharge rating). A 20 CDR battery can be use up to 60 watts. For +60 watts you will need a 30A CDR battery. According to the manufacturer you should not go above 75 watts with an 18650 battery.

Look at the pictoral that @Izan posted and choose a battery from it.
this is what I ordered Efest 26650 batteries with a 32A continuous discharge rate and 64A pulse

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN

johnnn20

May 6, 2016
Reactions: Susan~S
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread