18650 vs 26650 complete comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnelclouds

Sep 25, 2014
Tucson,AZ,USA
Hello all,

So I am in the market for a new mod and i have spent the last week looking into different mods to purchase. I am ordering tomorrow and i just want to make sure, before i do, that i find out as much as i can about these huge e cigs before i rule them out, and as i have seen, there is no better place on the internet then here to get an array of answers all at once and i can trust that anyone answering has exp to go with it. S:) please everyone do not hold back, hit me with everything you know.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Hello all,

So I am in the market for a new mod and i have spent the last week looking into different mods to purchase. I am ordering tomorrow and i just want to make sure, before i do, that i find out as much as i can about these huge e cigs before i rule them out, and as i have seen, there is no better place on the internet then here to get an array of answers all at once and i can trust that anyone answering has exp to go with it. S:) please everyone do not hold back, hit me with everything you know.
The answer is simple, the 26650 cell is bigger, and bigger means more power. As long as you are using a quality battery, the 26650 will always outperform the 18650

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
sweet that is pretty much all i needed to know but how about the differences in safety
The same rules apply for battery safety regardless of size. Start with a quality brand cell from a trusted vendor. Do not exceed the amp limit of the battery, etc. At the 26650 size you will find batteries that will have a higher "continuous" rated amperage limit than 18650 with the current highest being 30A sony vtc4s and 5s

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
sweet that is pretty much all i needed to know but how about the differences in safety
The same rules apply for battery safety regardless of size. Start with a quality brand cell from a trusted vendor. Do not exceed the amp limit of the battery, etc. At the 26650 size you will find batteries that will have a higher "continuous" rated amperage limit than 18650 with the current highest being 30A sony vtc4s and 5s

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I have both 18650 and 26650 mods. There is NO difference in performance. The only difference is battery life.
The best battery that I have been able to find for 26650 is the one that is linked in my blog. It is the 50A KeepPower battery that rtdvapor carries. As per KeepPower's own website it is 50A pulse, 30A continuous. Same as the Sony VTC series.

Only real advantage to 26650 is battery life and atty size. Even the Tobh in 26650 version holds around 1.5ml of juice in the well...
Well... that, and a 26650 mod would very well make a great self defense weapon if you ever found yourself in the position to need a heavy blunt object... ;)

RiderDragon

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Phoenix,AZ
ok mnke 26650 imr battery ??? worth purchasing
im on evcigarettes.com repudible

Yes I think they are. I also have the Efest 26650. The mnke so far seems to last the longest with highest voltage. I used 1 battery with a 0.8 coil and went 2 full days of vaping it was still reading 3.7 volts but put on charger to see and was fully charged again in 5hrs.

Ride the Waves of Music ¥ - Sandu

My understanding so far is that the 26650's are available in higher capacity (longer vape time) and higher amp limits (safer sub ohm vapeing) than 18650's but still discharge 3.7 volts so no real difference in performance. Sticking with 18650's for now personally, I'd really like to go smaller not bigger but was not happy with vape time with 18350 batteries. If the increased size is not an issue then the increased capacity is definitely a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread