Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
I'm looking for some large gauge wire but can't find anything large gauge in SS. I have found and ordered 18g and 20g Ni80 (which I'm using now) but I just love the flavor of SS better than I like the Ni80. Im using the larger gauge wire in my 40mm Mason and the 41mm Voltrove. I've searched the interweb and I am finding all other kind of SS wire in the gauges I'm looking for (mostly for making jewelry) but no resistance wire for vaping. Does anybody know where I can find some SS wire or anybody use SS wire in the gauges I'm looking for? If so, would you be able to post a link to the website or the page where you found it or point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA

Thanks for the links. I don't know how I couldn't find anything on google. Probably was let putting in the right keywords.

Not kamikaze style for me. I'm gonna build around .1-.2. With the massive deck of the 40mm I want to fill it and maximize the room so I figured larger gauge wire will fill the space better and make massive coils. I'm looking at 20g SS 8 wraps around a 6mm jig, that would put me around .15 and if I go 18g SS 9 wraps around a 6mm that would put me around .1. That way I'm maximizing the area on the large deck and instead of 22g SS with 6 wraps around a 6mm jig I wouldn't have the surface area like I would on the larger gauge. That's why I'm wanting to go larger SS wire.

Reactions: Don29palms

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Wire that thick will be very inefficient because of the ratio of mass to surface area. The slow ramp amp you can get round by using a lot of power, but you cannot get around the long ramp down times cooking your wicks. Is this destined for a regulated or unregulated platform?

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Wire that thick will be very inefficient because of the ratio of mass to surface area. The slow ramp amp you can get round by using a lot of power, but you cannot get around the long ramp down times cooking your wicks. Is this destined for a regulated or unregulated platform?

My plan is it's going to be put on a NLPWM lipo mod when it gets finished being built.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
Wow, yea... it'll take a LOT of power to heat that much wire. Is it one of those 6 battery mods you're using it with?

It will be a NLPWM lipo mod that is in the process of being built. I will have it in a few weeks. With lipos there isn't much ramp up time on coils cause it's putting 16V to the coils.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA

I looked on their website but I didn't see the 20g SS. I was looking at it on a phone so it opened up the mobile version so that may have had something to do with it. The version the link opened up was the desktop version.

I like that company cause they are literally 30 min down the road from me. That's where I got the 18g and 20g Ni80.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I looked on their website but I didn't see the 20g SS. I was looking at it on a phone so it opened up the mobile version so that may have had something to do with it. The version the link opened up was the desktop version.

I like that company cause they are literally 30 min down the road from me. That's where I got the 18g and 20g Ni80.

The biggest gage I saw in ss 316l was 20g.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread