2 Bay 18650 Charger with USB. XTAR VC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

indypilotcfi

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Indiana
I'm looking for a 2 bay charger for my Sony VTC4 18650's I have coming in. Our cars have more USB ports than 12v cigarette adapters, so a charger that has USB is probably the best route. Plus, I can get a USB wall adapter for home just about anywhere I travel just incase I forget it.

Is the xtar VC2 probably the best option for what I need?

Edit: Something compact might be nice but not a necessity. I'd rather buy a good quality product over something that is small.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Any opinions on the VC2 vs the VC2 Plus? Looks like the VC2 Plus 0.5A and 1.0A. It also looks like it'll do Li-ion along with Ni-MH/Ni-CD.

I really like the VC4 and that was my first choice but I need something a tad bit smaller for traveling.

Not positive but i think the "plus" version only add's a time function to let you know when the charging will be done .

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I chose the VC2 PLUS

•it charges about all the common batteries
•has a 'count down' timer (lets ya know time left till full charge)
•It is USB hook-up (so auto 12v too)
•charges @ .5A or 1.0A at the simple push of a button
•bonus: it is a power bank (pop in a 18650 it will USB OUT to charge devices) WAY COOL !

comes with an OK little storage pouch,
seems like a nice built device, we'll see if it lasts...

:)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I was searching around for the best wall adapter that would really make the VC4 perform at it's best and after reading the rave reviews about Xtar's own wall adapter specifically made for that model i bought it .

I thought any 5 volt 2.1 amp wall wart would perform the same but apparently thats not true , the below model gets extremely high marks from Candlepower forums , Budget Light forums etc....

5V 2.1A USB Wall Adaptor Plug

The adapter plug just came in and man i am surprised . This thing is very high quality and is weighty , works far better than the others i have used.

Last edited:
Reactions: beckdg

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I chose the VC2 PLUS

•it charges about all the common batteries
•has a 'count down' timer (lets ya know time left till full charge)
•It is USB hook-up (so auto 12v too)
•charges @ .5A or 1.0A at the simple push of a button
•bonus: it is a power bank (pop in a 18650 it will USB OUT to charge devices) WAY COOL !

comes with an OK little storage pouch,
seems like a nice built device, we'll see if it lasts...

The power bank feature sounds cool. Would you be able to use it to charge a cell phone?

Reactions: pufZeppelin

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
The power bank feature sounds cool. Would you be able to use it to charge a cell phone?

yes, you sure could :2cool:

most anything (within reason) that has a USB port
so if you have several 18650's sitting around all charged up - go camping, power outage,
the VC2 makes it possible to transfer the power from a 18650 to whatever, all in a nice small package...
it has a beautiful screen and WON'T allow the 18650 to be over dis-charged (sweet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread