2 months + and spending money like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezmarc

Feb 7, 2012
Fremont, Ohio
I agree just stumbled across these tonight CE3 XL Clearomizers and currently doing some research on them.

I haven't tried the CE3's. Ordered 10 of the CE2's a few weeks ago based on a few good reports but they were pretty disappointing. the 8 I didn't use are now taking up room in my junk drawer. Let us know how they work out if you get some.

pagga

Mar 6, 2012
New Jersey
This is what scares me about "mods": I feel like if I get into it, I'll eventually be engineering and manufacturing these things! And I don't have capital to invest in a PV manufacturing sole proprietorship.

Also, I second much of what others have said above:
New stuff is thrilling!
Whats wrong with a hobby?
Extra water is a boon (throat dry)

But I noticed I eat less than I did before, actually. I think my body needs less energy because it processes less individual dangerous chemicals.

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
You should give boge lr or sr cartomizers a try if you havent already. In my time vaping i dont think i could have done it without them. Luckily when i started it was one of the first things recomended by everyone that i try. Since then iv tried sooooo many cartos and still havent found anything as good as the boges . They just never fail to work in every aspect.

I do have about 10-12 boge 2.0ohm cartomizers currently and 10-12 boge clearomizers and enjoying them quite well but wanted to go for the XL size to get a bit more juice.

The clearomizers I had heard were a pain to refill so I tossed a few of them once they were empty and after tonight I regret that. I sat down tonight and played around with one of the recently emptied boge clearomizers I had and it was rather simple to refill it even without a syringe.

sailorman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Podunk, FLA
I agree just stumbled across these tonight CE3 XL Clearomizers and currently doing some research on them.

HaHa!! Everything you will read about these will say they're the worst thing since moldy eggs.
I love them. Unfortunately, they've been discontinued. Probably because of all the whining and moaning about them.

The mfg. neglected to tell you in the instructions that you MUST put the condom on the connector end when you fill them. So, there were a million complaints that all the juice just leaked straight through. Some people caught on. Some didn't. The also use a very small plug and some vision challenged, ham fisted people couldn't keep track of them. (there is a spare in the package and you can re-use them on other fresh cartos).

There was also a problem with some of them and eGo type batteries. It seems the insulator on a few of them came out with insufficient space between the pos. and neg. poles of the connector. When they were torqued down, these poles made contact and shorted out some eGo batteries. For some mysterious reason, this only affected eGo type units.

I like them because they are bottom coil, which I need for thick juices, they rarely leak if you fill them properly, they will not crack even with juices that shatter a regular C2, they are cleanable, there is no foul tasting silicone plugs to fiddle with and the taste is as clean as I've ever had.

Right now, they are not so easy to find. Most places are clearing them out. I hope you don't buy any, so there will be more left for me.

EDIT: I just saw these. A genuine CE3 has a MIT hologram, since they were commonly counterfeited. These do not. I'd be wary about their genuine-ness. They should be in a black and green box with a hologram and the name "Smokymizer", unless these are quite old before the packaging was changed, in which case I'd still be wary. The newest ones say "durable 3" on the box and are made with an improved plastic that will not crack.

Last edited:

Bullmastiffguy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Trochu,Alberta
altavapes.com
Remember you have to spend money to save money. In the long run you will save money, and improve your life.
It might cost a bit up front but after everything I have spent, I should save over 2k this year alone and I am getting well stocked already.
Not to mention I feel like a kid at Christmas, waiting at the post office for Santa to come.

Chewyorphan

Feb 6, 2012
Suwanee, Ga
Im in the same boat, being a little behind the ball in the savings at the moment. But I feel waaaay better than when i smoked! That is what really counts in my book.

I even took about what I saved in the last month on cigs and got myself a nice VV mod as a 1 month gift. So what if im a little behind... I should be catching up shortly anyway ;)

optx

Jan 19, 2012
Outer Space
For me it is the same thing ;)
I started Vaping with the ego-c. Hmmmm, now i need some Liquids.... Hey whats that ??? a DCT ? nice, need one.... Wow selfmade Liquids, need that...... A Lavatube ? ok, one for me.... Hey, whats that ? ........ Looks like a never ending Story ;D
Good that i found this place here. My first selfmade Atomizer for low budget is done ;)

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
I'm probably spending slightly more than when I smoked, but the cost of cigs in my state is reasonable ($5 a pack or so). But I'm still in that experimental phase, trying different juices and carto systems. I'd say my run rate spending is leveling off now, though.

I'm healthier with more energy and no smokey stink, and I enjoy vaping way more than smoking.... it's worth it for this alone.

I also view it as a hobby. Compare this to other hobbbies and you'll realize how inexpensive it is.

WVvet

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2011
WV
I spent about egual to my smoking habit the first few monts (ok maybe a little more) but now at nine months I have finally got over the "oh shiny" buying syndrome. Settled in at about $90 a month due to addiction to madvapes EMDCC on my EGO that takes about half my monthly budget. Buying ready made juice with the other half. May save more if I start to DIY but right now I am happy and still saving over $100 a month. Most important don't miss the cigs a bit! Totally different than the other nico replacement methods I have tried - which cost about the same as the cigs! Best of luck to you in your journey...

jadajazz

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Chicago area
Since I quit smoking 1 month and 4 days ago, I've purchased: (2) eGo starter sets, (2) Reo Minis, (6) AW IMR 14500 batteries, (1) Ultrafire WF-188 battery charger, (2) mini nylon carrying cases for batts and juice, (2) 30ml bottles of U.S. Menthol juice, (4) 30ml. bottles of Virgin Vapor juice (Black Cherry Marshmallow, Belle Amaretto, Creme Caramel, and Blackberry Vanilla Swirl), (2) 3-bottle samplers of juice from Virgin Vapor, (4) 1.5 LR 510 attys from Ikenvape, (2) 1.5 LR Smoktech attys., (2) Joye 1.5 LR attys, (1) stainless steel drip tip from Super-T Manufacturing, 1 delrin drip tip, and 2 Cherry Vapes pawn drip tips.

A lot of equipment, and I'm figuring between $700.00 - $800.00 in expenses, but I'm building my supplies. And 1/2 of it is because my partner also vapes! Bottom line is that our health is priceless, and this is a small price to pay for the enjoyment of vaping and the assurance of better fitness, stamina, and overall well-being.

crispysaturn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Hazleton, Pa
It doesn't stop....be warned lol. I'm easily doubling and maybe tripling that amount in just 4 short months. Not bragging and I'm sure everyone can agree the addiction to cigarette wasn't replaced with vaping. It was replaced with buying vaping accessories lol.

Nice startup set. Let us know where ya are in 4 months.
Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

deezdrama

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2012
illinois
yes... ive been off analogs for only 2 weeks but dont even want to smoke one, yuck, and i went from smoking 2 packs a day for 16 years, thank god i stumbled upon vaping and this forum,

so..... i got about $150 wrapped up in these 2 mallbrand ecigs and cartos that i started with....grossly overpriced but i didnt know better at the time and more importantly they got me off the analogs....

now in the past couple days ive spent $200 plus on an epower,tanks,cartos, goodies, and been ordering alot of juices to test out flavors in my newfound vaping hobby, and im already thinking about a provarri and my epower hasnt even arrived yet...lol

so i think for a noobie, the initial cost is quite abit sampling everything but eventually ill find the equipment and juices i will stick with and then the savings will materialize....

plus the health benifit is priceless

ezmarc

Feb 7, 2012
Fremont, Ohio
Since my last post I've purchased a bunch of Crystal clear cartos for my igo's and the clearocartos from Nhaler with more coming, all for my 808 threaded batteries. They work just like the g6 cartos and are easy to fill and don't leak although I did destroy a clearocarto by manhandling it. I also purchased 6 juices from Ms t's and they all taste great even without steeping.

I've now locked down the equipment I want to keep using but the juices are another matter. I have a favorite in Tribeca from Halo but can't make up my mind on other flavors to make a favorite. What I've done is to make up 14 Pv's with juices I like and just randomly vape away. I'm happy for now and won't be running out of anything for awhile.

Cherryblossom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2012
Florida
My husband and I just made the switch to vaping a few weeks ago, so we're definitely not saving money! Lol! We're still finding what works for us, and trying way too many flavors. We're both good with what we're spending though, as both of us have completely stopped smoking analogs. We figure once we figure out what we like, the spending will even out a bit. If it doesn't, it's still worth every penny not to be smoking analogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread