2 months + and spending money like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
I'm over 6 months in, closing in on 7. Smokes are in the $7 (+7% tax) range in NJ. I've spent quite a bit of money over these almost 7 months, but I think I'm saving now. With cigs, I'd have nothing to show for it. But at least I have a Lavatube, 2 ePowers & 5 eGos with ecigs. I also have 400 or more ml of good vapeable juice (+ a couple of hundred ml of juice I'm not fond of.) I've got 75 cartos that I like & a few that I don't. I've got some atomizers & carts if I ever need them. I can vape for quite a while without buying anything. But I hear of new types of cartos & I buy them & I replenish the ones I like to get the order up to the minimum for free shipping, sometimes adding more juice or driptips, etc. I limit the amount I spend to about 25% of what I spent on cigs. So I'm ahead.

I lost 11 lbs since I started vaping. I'm almost 60 and like most men my age I'm still a little chubby!

saltysharktoes

Resting In Peace
Feb 10, 2012
portland, or
im spending more on vaping than i did on cigarettes but my equipment spending is slowly starting to level off and hopefully my juice itch will be cured soon, every dollar i spend now on vaping though in twenty years im sure ill be exstatic that i spent every single one. i am really looking forward to saving a little $$ soon for other things on my master list though

kia2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
USA
Only 5 weeks in, and I have spent a lot of money on vaping! However, my doctor was ecstatic I quit tobacco cigs, so all I've spent was worth every bit just for that doctor visit. I haven't lost any weight, but I am increasing my water intake. Now, I just need to get to the rec center a few times a week. I'm using 0mg sweet flavors to marathon vape during the evening hours just before sleep - keeps me away from the fridge and candy drawer.

ebbrey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Norway
Hmm when i "stopped" smoking for 2 years i gained 30kg. (from 90 to 110) Ive now smoked for nearly a year again and half of the weight is gone again. Think i dont have the same food/sweet tooth when i got my "analoges". Didnt think about how e-cigs would affect this. Think i automaticly hoped vaping would kill my hunger as analoges do.

Dugie

ECF Veteran
In my three months of vaping i have spent more than i would have whilst smoking. However i now have the mods that work best for me and the liquids i like.

So really there is no need for me to spend any money for a few months, i am not saying that i wont spend anymore as there is always something new to try :)

In the new few weeks i will be in profit though ! ( I Hope )

Dugie

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
Oh, I'm enjoying this for now. The cash savings will come when the thrill of buying new stuff wears. I've bought a lot of juice and so far like the Halo juices best... I didn't plan on quitting either when I got my first good kit from Halo. It just happened and wasn't stressful at all.

Being new here, is Halo a Brand or company and can you post a link?

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
DummyMe, that's a good start losing 11 pounds and being Chubby ain't so bad when you're middle-aged, at least you're probably breathing much easier and feeling better overall.

Having a three year-old son has really made me want to quit analogs for good, it's a tough habit to break and after chasing my boy around for a few hours I'm hacking for a couple of minutes. I hoping the Vaping will ease the psychological & physical stress of ditching the analogs and allow me to enjoy doing things with my son as he gets older.

ChinMullet

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
Outer Space
About two months in, I have spent $900+ on vape stuff vs. $600 cigs would have costs me.

However, I could stop buying today and have enough juice and cartos to last 6 months, with backup batteries/chargers/cartos/juice stashed everywhere that I spend significant time, so I don't have to resort to cigs if something fails.

That doesn't mean I will stop spending. I like trying different flavors. :)

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
After a year and a few months I think I've spent what I saved from smoking. That being said, I'm also the paranoid kind and believe in hoarding vaping gear. I've managed to stock pile 24 boxes of Boge cartos, 8 boxes of misc Ce2/3, 4 good mods, 1500 mls of 48mg nic juice and nearly every TPA and Flavor Art flavoring I could find. If I can behave myself and not buy any more mods I have a good 1 1/2-2years of supplies. I'll also add that My health has improved beyond my wildest expectations and being able to laugh without the embarrassing hack and sleep with out the wheeze is PRICELESS!

MFToms59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Nevada
About two months in, I have spent $900+ on vape stuff vs. $600 cigs would have costs me.

However, I could stop buying today and have enough juice and cartos to last 6 months, with backup batteries/chargers/cartos/juice stashed everywhere that I spend significant time, so I don't have to resort to cigs if something fails.

After a year and a few months I think I've spent what I saved from smoking. That being said, I'm also the paranoid kind and believe in hoarding vaping gear. I've managed to stock pile 24 boxes of Boge cartos, 8 boxes of misc Ce2/3, 4 good mods, 1500 mls of 48mg nic juice and nearly every TPA and Flavor Art flavoring I could find. If I can behave myself and not buy any more mods I have a good 1 1/2-2years of supplies. I'll also add that My health has improved beyond my wildest expectations and being able to laugh without the embarrassing hack and sleep with out the wheeze is PRICELESS!

Man it's scary being here and see you guys talking about spending more than or what you're saving... I've already got that problem with another interest and Forum I'm a member of... looks like I'll be right at home here :ohmy:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Hmm when i "stopped" smoking for 2 years i gained 30kg. (from 90 to 110) Ive now smoked for nearly a year again and half of the weight is gone again. Think i dont have the same food/sweet tooth when i got my "analoges". Didnt think about how e-cigs would affect this. Think i automaticly hoped vaping would kill my hunger as analoges do.

I've been on the "yo-yo" (both the smoking and the weight) for a long time. It always seemed that when I got control of one the other flew to he!!.

When I found my satisfying nic level my appetite lessened and I have been losing steadily, slowly. Be careful not to confuse weight loss through dehydration with true weight loss. I thought I was doing wonderful at first, but was losing weight by dehydrating.

Now I only have to juggle the amount of vaping with the proper amount of hydration! Works for me!

And for those that say the money doesn't matter, it sure does to me. If the government decides to tax this to 10 times the cost of analogs I wouldn't be able to afford it, health benefit or not!

Keep your wick wet!

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
I'm just over 2 weeks into vaping and saw signs of obsession right away. The main thing for me is to remain analog-free and always have backups for every situation. I have 6 SI Volt batts which I use out in public along with my Ego-c too. In my home I use my Bolt pv and rotate tanks, lr and dc cartos for flavor variation. Works just fine for me as a noob with minimal investment in pv's. I'm going to sit back now and enjoy what I have while I continue to research variable voltage. When the time is right I will treat myself to a nice vv pv. I'm really not into shiny pv's so maybe a nice bottom fed box mod may be on my list rather than a provari. So far this is turning into a fun hobby, but I don't want to lose sight of why I started vaping and feel like I need the latest and greatest to make me happy and analog free. Just my :2c:. Happy vaping and much respect to the veterans with an arsenal of pv's!!!!!

the_great

Sep 30, 2011
Philippines

Very True...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread