2 months + and spending money like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChinMullet

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
Outer Space
Man it's scary being here and see you guys talking about spending more than or what you're saving... I've already got that problem with another interest and Forum I'm a member of... looks like I'll be right at home here :ohmy:

I'm sure I could have gotten by with spending about $100 or so vs. $900 by sticking with a few Volt batteries, some cartos, an extra USB charger, and some juice.

But this is also a conscious choice for me - I'm choosing to provide some distraction and ritual to help distract me from quitting cigs. I also try to make this positive by looking forward to trying a new juice or two every day vs. the negative drudgery of trying to quit cigs. I'm mind ....ing myself. hahaha

It's working for me, so I consider it worth every penny, even if a lot of it is unnecessary. :)

Cloud Wizard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 24, 2012
Somewhere in PA on my Ultra Limited
Wow, I thought I was an outlier. Today is day 66 smoke free and I'm at -$444.06 (have spent $1062.81). I keep a spreadsheet of everything I buy that automatically calculates what I would've spent, how many cigs saved etc. My wife asked why these little packages keep showing up and I showed her my sheet. All she said was, "I don't care what it costs to save your health...). On the plus side, I have enough cool hardware (and ~550ml of various juices) to keep me going (I've settled into my "preferred" kit) and should break even around day 110 and still save ~$2k in the first year. after that, it's all gravy :)

Cool facts: 66 days, avoided 99 packs of Marlboros = 1980 smokes :toast:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Wow, I thought I was an outlier. Today is day 66 smoke free and I'm at -$444.06 (have spent $1062.81). I keep a spreadsheet of everything I buy that automatically calculates what I would've spent, how many cigs saved etc. My wife asked why these little packages keep showing up and I showed her my sheet. All she said was, "I don't care what it costs to save your health...). On the plus side, I have enough cool hardware (and ~550ml of various juices) to keep me going (I've settled into my "preferred" kit) and should break even around day 110 and still save ~$2k in the first year. after that, it's all gravy :)

Cool facts: 66 days, avoided 99 packs of Marlboros = 1980 smokes :toast:

My story is very similar to yours so I won't repeat it. I will break even in another 17 days. If people wrote off the capital (hardware) expense (like a business would) the actual daily expense is what people should be comparing. There is no comparison, unless analogs are extremely cheap and they have overpaid for their juice!

Keep your wick wet!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Evidently cigarettes are ridiculously cheap where I live, so it's unlikely I'll ever save much money. Man I remember when I started smoking I could get 2 packs for less than 5 bucks, what a goofy world we live in.

When I started, a pack of 25 was 50 cents.We all thought everyone would quit if they ever went to one dollar a pack! lol

Same pack is now $11.50.

I wouldn't trade vaping for free smokes.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm sure I could have gotten by with spending about $100 or so vs. $900 by sticking with a few Volt batteries, some cartos, an extra USB charger, and some juice.

But this is also a conscious choice for me - I'm choosing to provide some distraction and ritual to help distract me from quitting cigs. I also try to make this positive by looking forward to trying a new juice or two every day vs. the negative drudgery of trying to quit cigs. I'm mind ....ing myself. hahaha

It's working for me, so I consider it worth every penny, even if a lot of it is unnecessary. :)

Exactly.

To me the point is to ensure I never go back, to make sure it's consistently enough enjoyable enough to not get irritated with it (or run out of anything I need).

After all, the one thing I DO miss from my old habit is the ease, consistency, and simplicity. This new habit is better, but different. Consistency comes from variety. So, when whatever flavor or atomizer I'm using starts to get frustrating and I start missing the simplicity of smoking, I just change to another for a while, then back to the old one, and so forth.

It works, and it's a lot more fun and interesting than smoking. All the pretty colors, flavors, and cool gadgets are part of why it works so well.

It would probably have worked without spending so much. But, this is too important to me to risk it. I smoked for 37 years and never, ever could quit, not even for one day. Only went without on two days, one when I was deathly ill and the other when I was actually in surgery and recovering. By the next day, I was back to smoking, even after having surgery on my neck!

So, I intend to spend all I want to spend to make this fun and permanent. This has been my salvation. So, if anyone thinks I'm spending too much, well . . . :p

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I need to stop :( I bought a provari, liquidnator tank, revolution v2, a second reo grand, 50 boge cartomizers, some drip tips, 1 gallon of pg, 1 gallon of vg, 4 batteries, 250 ml of nicotine, and 55 flavors from tpa (all on this month).

But, what you bought was stuff that'll last you a long time! A few weeks without spending to get rid of the dizziness should get you back to normal. It'll be ok!

Kurti

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2012
Germany
Took me 'bout six months to break even after sampling the 'candy store'. Now... phifff... piece o' cake... Oh, wait... is that a new wireless VV rechargeable, 60ml multi-flav rotary auto-feed magazine with the DeltaTeam vapor suppressor system...
drool.gif

With all that neat vaping stuff, i know that i will never ever reach the break even point.

ki77en

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Ohio
AAAAAA! For frak's sake I just ordered a Go-go! I've already bought a roughstack and VZ VV mod (formerly Lavatube). Can't believe I bought ANOTHER!! I quit analogs when I got my kGo kit and had the first battery charged. It was purrrfect so I really don't know why I've wanted to try others b/c it's not like I'm unsatisfied. Taxes and bonus check = money to spend on s/thing, I guess. Really, I think that it's just being SO happy now that I'm vaping that I don't mind throwing money into it while I have it b/c in a couple months, it's going to be gone, so I wanted to make sure I was at a maximum to survive the upcoming tsunami.

The experimenting, reading and suggestions led me to many buys. I'm still quite new (Feb. 23rd last day for analogs) and it's been quite an adventure, but I'm already ready to get my last (few) shipments in and just start finding flavors and the right "sweet spots" that work for me in any given situation - like driving, working, being stressed, etc.

The other night I drank and went through all kinds of crazy stuff - not on my own accord - and my younger brother was over, smoking. It smelled sooo good and I wanted one sooo bad. I must've vaped all 3 models, tried several cartos and this stupid clearomizer (not good for chain-vaping on 100% vg) and finally settled back down into my kgo. The first hour or so of being around an analog again was really rough and I didn't expect that.

While I'm looking forward to the new stuff and trying it out, I think I will always love my kGo as it has literally already proven to be a life-saver for not only me, but my kids as well. Who knows what the future will bring from here! Maybe going vegan... NOT! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread