2 months + and spending money like crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_L

Dec 27, 2011
Missouri
Hmm, I just took a peek for S&Gs and it looks like I'm on the + side now after only 2.5 months (but barely). With that said, I really didn't care much about cost. Achieving a break even point hasn't crossed my mind since the first week. I just happened not to go hardware crazy, of course, I'm not saying that I won't either! DIY has actually been *my* biggest expense thus far. I have purchased a sampler of 90% of the TFA flavors (no tobacco flavors), and several 1 oz bottles of my most used ingredients (which it seems I'll have to start buying in even larger quantities now). And I'm going to have to buy more nic base soon. I'll probably have to start charging my friends for juice now to get back some of the cost of my local converts...make this even cheaper. :)

ChinMullet

ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2012
Outer Space
I smoked for 37 years and never, ever could quit, not even for one day.

I'm only at 30 years, and can't remember ever going a day without (and I would remember)

Even after surgery, as soon as the doc split for a minute, I stumbled down the hall in search of an exit...with my IV cart in tow, my ... hanging out of my hospital gown, and my cigs in my free hand. How silly of me. haha

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
I need to stop :( I bought a provari, liquidnator tank, revolution v2, a second reo grand, 50 boge cartomizers, some drip tips, 1 gallon of pg, 1 gallon of vg, 4 batteries, 250 ml of nicotine, and 55 flavors from tpa (all on this month).

Come on everybody. Someone needs an INTERVENTION!!

darsayre

Mar 3, 2012
clarksville tn
I guess I am really lucky. One of my good friends has been vaping for quite some time and now sells online. He got me started on what he likes most. Now I only have to buy my juice, which I buy from him and spend about 20 a month compared to the at least a pack a day habit. I do prefer the menthol juice also..tastes alot better than menthol smokes and is very refreshing. I think that is one thing that was very helpful getting me off smokes altogether! Menthol juice rules!!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
SvoeMesto Kaifun , Katana, Orion 2, A.R.T, Silver Bullet...
Alle this nice stuff i am waiting for are paid already, but make the break even Point an Illusion for me. But i have more time, because i should live longer :)

A very good point! Yes, we will live longer, hopefully long enough to enjoy the savings when they come. Also, to have the good health to be able to enjoy those times.

And I certainly do not wish people to think that I criticize how they spend their money. Enjoy the new freedom! I know I would not have switched as easily if I did not have flavors. It certainly helps to have the variety. When I started I had only a small battery that looked like a cig and only came in tobacco flavors. No wonder I still had cravings! Those days are Gone. Free at last?

ezmarc

Feb 7, 2012
Fremont, Ohio
Well, It's been over 3 months now being tobacco free. I was around a bunch of smokers yesterday and still like the smell in the outdoors but not so much in enclosed areas. It's not so much the smoke that bothers me indoors but the stale old smoke smell, like the residual smell in my truck, it's going away though.

I haven't bought anything new for a couple weeks now. I've got some juice ordered from Ms T's but due to personal issues she's way behind. I don't mind the wait, she makes good stuff and i'll get it eventually. I'm well stocked on the clearocartos for my 10 - 808 batteries and and with the Crystal clear cartos for my 8 - iGo batteries. I may buy a Darwin or something like it in the future but for now I'm satisfied and will probably only dabble in new flavors to try but I've got to say that so far, for satisfaction, I've not found any juices I like better than Halos. Some of the others I try taste good but don't give the same sense of satisfaction, so I just keep cartos of them around for a quick toke or 2 now and then, which makes for a nice change.

I guess the money saving will start to kick in now, which is a good thing!

BTW: I haven't even been tempted to smoke an analog since early January but have bummed one in Feb and one in March. Neither was satisfying in the slightest and I only took a couple pulls before putting them out. In the past I would have been off the the gas station immediately after pulling that stunt so this vaping is for real, at least for me!

Last edited:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
- and I'm actually losing weight!

Even with the small e-cig, weight was a problem. When I got the 'real deal' and juices it seemed that once I was maintaining my nicotine requirement the desire to smoke left and my weight started to drop. I really think it is a matter of nicotine affecting digestion rather than over eating due to cravings. Regardless, it does help and it was an unexpected blessing. Now, if I can do my part and start to push more physically I know there is great potential for even more benefits.

I took about a month to break even with my hardware and another month to break even on my spares, several months worth of spares, actually!

GeminII

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2012
Nashville, TN
I am SOOO glad to hear I'm not the only one! I'm like a kid in a candy shop right now. I've only been at it for a week, and I have run up quite a tab already. I DO think it'll taper off (I hope it will, at least) when I find my absolute solid "go-to" juices and config. I've still not even touched the dripping aspect yet (which I'm hearing is AWESOME), and I can't see not getting a Silver Bullet at some point. Chalk it up to guilty (but not TOO guilty - kickin' the analogs is worth it's weight in gold) pleasures.

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
the last 3 weeks or so I have spent a good bit on vaping supplies...Problem is I feel I still need/want more not so much on more hardware per say but juice and cartos(ok yes they are hard ware but I am talking batteries and such) I have 10 5 ml bottles of juice right now and I have no idea how long that will last me and I don't want to run out. I only presently have 5 cartos, and one atty. so today I bought another atty and 10 more cartos. I would have bought more juice but I have to wait because it seems paypal thought I was making to many transactions in a short period of time so it wanted to make me pay with an e check instead of my credit card or instant withdrawal out of my checking account( which is not my first time they did that to me...they did it when I was buying parts for my motorcycle too.)

caspur

Dec 14, 2011
Indianapolis
You guys all sound find in my mind. I have a stock of at least 2000 ml of different juices (about 100 different kinds). Probably 500 mls of different flavor concentrates for mixing. 1000mls of PG/VG for mixing.

I have 200 3.0 Boge cartomizers stocked up, and have well over 30 different tank-mods to hold all my favorite juices.

I've bought every PV I could get my hands on, and went through a phase of buying 100s of different drip tips to color-coat my cartomizers/tanks (I DONT EVEN DRIP).

It's freakin' crazy man. My last purchase was about 2 months ago, and since then I haven't spent a single penny (except for a refill on my FAVORITE juice). things have been going better. I basically just had to get it out of my system. I finally got sick of spending so much money on OVERPRICED juice from a bunch of different poor-quality vendors. I have so much juice that I touched ONCE, and never took it out again. Planning on giving away 1000+ml of juice/supplies (tanks, drip tips, grommets, cartomizer condoms, cartomizer caps etc).

PM me if your interested in anything lol. I've got juice from Want2Vape, FSUSA, BWB, nHaler, Halo, Mister-E-Liquid, KBV, Mom And Pop Vapor Shop, AveJuice, NiteLiteVapor, VixenVapor, VirginVapor, DiscountVapor, jeez so many more that I can't even think of. Anyway... HAPPY VAPING! wish me luck in my ecig addiction recovery!! :p

RosieRags

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2012
Tennessee
I'm in the same boat! Every day I say I am not going to spend a penny on anything unless it breaks. Then I see a new juice or pv I just "have to have" and I go off like a kid in a candy store! I have at least 1000 ml of juice, 7 pv's, a passthrough and two mods on order....LOL I'm afraid to tally it all up and see how much I have spent! BUT...I am not smoking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread