Status
Not open for further replies.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
You guys are all right, it does add up fast. Always something new you learn about or that comes out, its hard to resist a lot of times. I just like to see it as an investment in my health. What better investment is there?

Actually, I've been checking last minute vacation deals and I have saved enough to book a 7 day all-inclusive Caribean vacation for next week. I think that will be an investment in my health too!

Relax!
Enjoy!
I am.

Tiesel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
Maryland
Actually, I've been checking last minute vacation deals and I have saved enough to book a 7 day all-inclusive Caribean vacation for next week. I think that will be an investment in my health too!

Relax!
Enjoy!
I am.

Sounds like a blast. I would do anything to get out of Canada too if I were there hahaha. Have fun in the Caribbean I'm sure you'll have a blast.
:toast:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Sounds like a blast. I would do anything to get out of Canada too if I were there hahaha. Have fun in the Caribbean I'm sure you'll have a blast.
:toast:

The fact that it is paid for by money I picked out of the tobacco company's pocket (now, that's a change. They used to take my money to pay for their vacation!) only makes it Sweeter!

Hola!

Tiesel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
Maryland
The fact that it is paid for by money I picked out of the tobacco company's pocket (now, that's a change. They used to take my money to pay for their vacation!) only makes it Sweeter!

Hola!

Man preach on to the quire.. It really is a great feeling, I'm sure pretty much everyone feels the same and hates big tobacco.

geogeeekgirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2012
Glasgow, Scotland
for me in the uk, vaping is way cheaper than analogues. a 2 pack a day habit here was costing me ~$22 per day after 16 days and buying two starter kits, 3 extra batteries, an extra charger and ~25 cartos+clearos plus 200 ml of juices i am still quids in. lol though it would have been cutting it fine if i had given in and bought a provari mini earlier on ;)

Tiesel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2009
Maryland
for me in the uk, vaping is way cheaper than analogues. a 2 pack a day habit here was costing me ~$22 per day after 16 days and buying two starter kits, 3 extra batteries, an extra charger and ~25 cartos+clearos plus 200 ml of juices i am still quids in. lol though it would have been cutting it fine if i had given in and bought a provari mini earlier on ;)

For me it was the exact opposite. It was only spending about $2 a day on a pack of marlboros so my initial investment was much higher. Regardless were not smoking analogs anymore! :toast:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
I've been spending alot over the past 2 months myself. But I've never spent more buying this stuff than I would have if I were smoking. I would have spent about $350/month on smoking, so I'm pretty open...lol! I think I've pretty much run my course. I've gotten the Provari now, and I'm happy with that. And I've found some favorite flavors to vape. I've just ordered a Pila charger. Now I just have to find my sweet spot on carto/tank combination and I'll be set! Which is probably a good thing as the postman is becoming weary of driving down my road! lol!

ezmarc

Feb 7, 2012
Fremont, Ohio
Well it's almost 7 months now and I think I've settled into what works best for me. I haven't made a purchase except for 2 30 ml bottles of juice (yesterday) since May 23rd and that wasn't really necessary but it is of the one I vape most of the time now, which is about .8-1.0 ml a day. My sit at home daily ecig is the Indulgence from Nhaler with a Crystal Clear carto (510 threads) My on the go driving around and boating outfit is the iGo with Crystal clear cartos from Nhaler, and my stealth mode interior equipment is still the Halo G6. I've tried other cartos but either the ohms are wrong for my batteries or they are just inferior cartos but the G6 cartos works best for me overall. On my indulgence I do have 2 4.7 volt batteries. Some flavors do have a better taste at a higher voltage but most flavors work best for me at 3.7 volts or a little less. I have several of the Echos, which I loved at first but they now leave me cold unless used with the G6 cartos. It's the only bigger purchase I've made that I regret. They're just to hard to draw on with the cartos that I prefer for the bigger batteries.

Vaping is still very satisfying though and a couple times I've actually forgotten them when I left home and it wasn't the disaster that I thought it would be. I'm sleeping better, breathing better and saving money now, plus the weight gain has stopped at about 20 pounds. Now I'll work on that. I couldn't be more pleased!

djwyman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2012
Lake Charles La
I have been going at this vaping thing for almost 4 months now and still going strong. I have slowed down my spending but only after buying a silver bullet, an ego 18650 mod, a BAM, several empire drip shields, tons of attys, cartos out the ...., 2 tanks, tons and tons of juice, batteries, chargers and drip tips. My current favorite settup at the moment though is my BAM with an MNKE IMR 26650 battery in it, a 1.5ohm bridgless 901 premium atty from empiremods (and a 510 to 901 adaptor) and a drip shield.

ezmarc

Feb 7, 2012
Fremont, Ohio
Well it's been 15 months now and I haven't bought any hardware for about 6 months and order 60 ml of juice about every 5-6 weeks. I rarely use the tobacco flavored juice anymore (Sorry Halo) and have settled on 2 juices from Ms T as my only ones used much anymore,

It's funny how your tastes change as time goes on. I smoked Winstons for almost 30 years without ever giving a thought to switching. Smokers don't bother me at all and I rather like the smell outdoors but am intolerant of indoor smoking Several of my friends and my kids have tried Ecigs without success but then it took me several tries as well.

This is probably my last update on this thread, just wanted to let the new users know that it does all settle out and it does get a lot cheaper as time goes on and you find that magic recipe and hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread