2 Questions: TEMP CONTROL Devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

LevineDelta

May 8, 2015
Hey Guys,

I wasn't sure where to post this but i am having a hard time deciding on a TEMP CONTROL device, i currently have a ipv D2 which i enjoy greatly but it leaves something to be desired, like power, full control, future proof specs , etc.

As the title states, i want to get the IPV3 Li with the 200 Watt upgrade as its on sale for $75.00 or should i wait until Xmas and get a DNA200 device. I want something more future proof, and so does my wife haha she's tired of me buying the next best thing every 3-6 months.

Second question is IF you think i should wait for the DNA200, which of the 3 would you suggest?
  1. Whiteout - DNA200
  2. Militia Mods - DNA200
  3. HCigarVT200
  4. VaporShark DNA200

nj1001

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2009
Boston-ish
I've exclusively vaped tempered Ni200 over the last year out of DNA40 devices. I have no experience with IPVs.
I personally don't have much interest in going high on the watts with it because it would get way too hot, harsh and unpleasant in temp mode for me.

I imagine at 200 watts, or 60 for that matter, that as soon as you started to puff on it, you'd hit the temp control almost immediately unless you set it to 600º, in which case, why bother with temp control in the first place?

As for DNA200, there are mixed reviews out. Evolv had a bunch of issues with their DNA40 early on which have left many feeling bitter about any chip they come out with. I personally am intrigued, not much as I already mentioned, in the higher wattages as much in its other features. DNA200 devices are relatively new to the market, so I'd wait for more reviews to emerge with time and weigh the pros and cons of them before investing in one, not to mention, your list of devices using that chip will also increase with time.

I personally am not too keen on the fixed battery/3 cell LiPo aspect of many DNA200 devices out now though they have the advantage of being able to go up to 200 watts. I'd prefer to use 18650's and swap em out as needed on the fly instead of having to charge it via USB (which, in my eyes, would be a royal pain when out 'n about). The trade off, however, for using 18650's is not being able to go as high as 200W.

That said, you might want to also add to your list some variation of the boxer from gingervaper.com (as far as I can tell they have one which takes a 3 cell lithium polymer battery- like the examples you gave & can do 200W AND another one which takes 2 18650's, but will only go up to 133W).

In my mind, the best temp control chips are either Evolv's (DNA40 or DNA200) or YiHi's (SX350J, etc.)

So, you might want to consider expanding your options to also include YiHi's chip sets too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread