2 simple questions that someone can answer

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmetje21

Aug 30, 2015
Hello people.

Today ive been starting with DIY... ive made 5ml/ 10% of spearmint of Flavour Art.
also made strawberry...5ml...10%.

Now my first question is probably personal but! How do you actually taste the liquid? Do you let the 5ml steep for 2 weeks aswel before tasting it? and if it taste .... u at some more aroma with it and let it steep again for 2 weeks? That takes ages XD
it could be that this is the only way to actually know it for sure but im just really curious about u guys

Second, ive had allot of juice comming up my atlantis aspire. Is this a sign that i need more % VG? ive got 85% USP...which i think means VG right?

THanks in advantage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I can't answer your Atlantis question but I build my juices without nic then taste them on the back of the hand to see if its OK, let step for however long then taste again to see what's changed in taste. I believe that a drop on the back of the hand taste should be what it tastes like out of the atty. I then add my nic and steep again for several days. Depends on what your building where some are shake and vape and like custards and tobaccos can sit up to a month steeping.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
I always taste test my DIY juices right away because some juices don't need steeping. If the taste is good I let the bottle sit for about 4 hours to allow the flavors to all meld together. Usually single fruit flavors won't need to steep long, some not at all.

So go ahead and taste them. If they aren't right let them steep a few days then try again.

Elizabeth Baldwin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2014
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
The juice spitting up into your mouth usually is a sign of flooding issues. I'm not sure how the Atlantis aspire is set up. Maybe somebody with one will drop by shortly and help you. I do know flooding can be by several things. Usually wicking or very thin juice. But you are using 85% VG as your base. After adding your flavor, which is PG based, at 10% you have a pretty good mixture that won't be too thin. You didn't say if you added nic? If so, was it PG based? And % added?

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Hello people.

Today ive been starting with DIY... ive made 5ml/ 10% of spearmint of Flavour Art.
Second, ive had allot of juice comming up my atlantis aspire. Is this a sign that i need more % VG? ive got 85% USP...which i think means VG right?

THanks in advantage

USP stands for US Pharmaceutical Grade. It indicates the quality level of the liquid. VG is Vegetable Glycrin. Make sure whatever you are using says that on the bottle. If not you might have 2 bottles of PG & there's part of your problem. PG is much thinner than VG & wicks too fast. VG is very thick & slows down wicking.

Tucsonbroker

Verified Member
Aug 8, 2015
Tucson, AZ
Hello people.

Now my first question is probably personal but! How do you actually taste the liquid? Do you let the 5ml steep for 2 weeks aswel before tasting it? and if it taste .... u at some more aroma with it and let it steep again for 2 weeks? That takes ages XD
it could be that this is the only way to actually know it for sure but im just really curious about u guys

THanks in advantage

I have an older rebuildable mod and I removed the second coil. I put a couple drops right on the remaining coil and fire it up. Only gives a puff, but its a good indicator. Then burn the coil, let it cool, and repeat for other flavors.

Reactions: Kenna

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Hello people.

THanks in advantage
I do not like this "85% USP glycerin". It means it is diluted ( by water , I hope). I'd better dump it and buy 99.5-99.7% VG, it is standard concentration for USP VG.

Reactions: Kenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread