angryvaper.crypticsites.com

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
From the article"
but we can improve the campaign to make it even more effective than when it began."

LOL we need more money to fail even more is my translation of that.

They just want to keep their jobs going on our tab.

With those people, as Milton Friedman used to say, 'there isn't any failed program that can't be fixed by either more money or the right people.' And when that doesn't work, they use the same line!! :facepalm:

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
$200M would buy a lot of blister packed ego/ce4 starter kits and juice, imagine how many people would have quit smoking if they were given "free" gear.

How about some real research on the mechanisms of tobacco addiction, sound methods to escape it, and sending flyers describing them to all smokers. Instead of "thou shall cold turkey now or else"', some different discourse on the lines of "we found these painless and effective methods, give them a try".

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    $200M would buy a lot of blister packed ego/ce4 starter kits and juice, imagine how many people would have quit smoking if they were given "free" gear.
    Just 2 million would get 200,000 650mAh CE4's (with USB charger's) from the wholesale site of an online vendor I deal with..

NorthOfAtlanta

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 27, 2011
    Canton, GA

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    One has to wonder what knowledge 1% (4.7 million) of that money given to Dr F and other true scientists would have generated.

Just another good example of the DC attitude toward our money.

One has to wonder what WE could have done with our money ;)

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 13, 2012
    California, Kern
    www.ibtanked.com
    Right on Kent, absolutely ridiculous for the CDC to waste such incredible sums but even worse knowing the harm they cause doing so. Criminal negligence is all that comes to mind.

It is spent though so considering where it could have better gone while useless in terms of making it come back, water under the bridge and all that. None the less the things that money could have done in protecting and promoting public health.

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Two words- Fair Tax.

:D

What is 'wrong' for both the Flat Tax and Fair Tax is that they attempt to be 'revenue neutral' - I understand why that is, (they have to sell it to idiots who think they deserve our money), but that doesn't get our money back where it belongs - in OUR pockets, not theirs or anyone else they 'deem' where it "should" be. "Should" according to their values, not ours. When the results of your production goes to someone other than you or yours, you are a slave - it's the definition of the word.

That said, a flat or fair tax would be a start to climb back up the slippery slope from where it all started.

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    Right on Kent, absolutely ridiculous for the CDC to waste such incredible sums but even worse knowing the harm they cause doing so. Criminal negligence is all that comes to mind.

It is spent though so considering where it could have better gone while useless in terms of making it come back, water under the bridge and all that. None the less the things that money could have done in protecting and promoting public health.

While I 'liked' your post, I'm not into what 'that money could have done in protecting and promoting public health' since the concept of 'public health' is a non-concept - health is about individuals - and it is a lie that allows the type of things we've seen done to be done - 'in the name of public health'. (that said there are some things that could be done to protect individuals here - quarantine, inspection of imports, etc. but that's about it. )

caramel

Vaping Master
    Dec 23, 2014
    What is 'wrong' for both the Flat Tax and Fair Tax is that they attempt to be 'revenue neutral' - I understand why that is, (they have to sell it to idiots who think they deserve our money), but that doesn't get our money back where it belongs - in OUR pockets, not theirs or anyone else they 'deem' where it "should" be. "Should" according to their values, not ours. When the results of your production goes to someone other than you or yours, you are a slave - it's the definition of the word.

That said, a flat or fair tax would be a start to climb back up the slippery slope from where it all started.

Kent you're surprising me, you're touching Upton's ground. :w00t:

Kent C

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 12, 2009
    NW Ohio US
    My like for the fair tax is it shows up on every receipt and people know what they are paying unlike the flat tax which leaves them with take home pay. Ask most people how much they made last year and they'll say i took home, not what they earned.

:facepalm:

We've discussed this before.... it's a matter of 'which limb do you want the gov't to lop off'. I favor the fair tax for the same reasons you do, but IF a flat tax could be passed (where the fair tax couldn't) vs. what we have now, I'm all in on that - then work on reducing that rate toward zero. lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread