200W Asolo TC Box Mod by Heaven Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I'm now running a Ti coil on the tfv4 rba head.
Even in regular TC mode, it falls on the smoother side of regulations, like the evic...no pulsing hot and cold, just a steady output.
The temp over all is subjectively lower then set temp, but not as far off as the evic in Ti mode. I say subjectively, because with the gear I have, I can't find a way to accurately measure temp outputs due to DHP, which works on Ti and Ni modes as well. A nice thing, that. Means you can select a temp based on your preference, and not by what is safe for not burning your wick.

I can get much warmer vape out of the kanthal mode, so if you are one of the people who don't like TC mods because they don't produce a warm enough vape for you....this is the mod for you.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I'm now running a Ti coil on the tfv4 RBA head.
Even in regular TC mode, it falls on the smoother side of regulations, like the evic...no pulsing hot and cold, just a steady output.
The temp over all is subjectively lower then set temp, but not as far off as the evic in Ti mode. I say subjectively, because with the gear I have, I can't find a way to accurately measure temp outputs due to DHP, which works on Ti and Ni modes as well. A nice thing, that. Means you can select a temp based on your preference, and not by what is safe for not burning your wick.

I can get much warmer vape out of the kanthal mode, so if you are one of the people who don't like TC mods because they don't produce a warm enough vape for you....this is the mod for you.

Sounds better all the time. I like a cool vape in TC but I also switch back to kanthal builds specifically to get the warmer vape with some juices.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I like my vape with only a hint of warmth generally...I can get that easily on this mod......this mod with the tfv4 tank is a dream, because I can get that flavor boost from more power (or temp on Ti) but cool it back down with the drip tip airflow.

Is this a good mod? Does the fact that now that I've figured out what doesn't work on it (dual coil kanthal, my sub tanks), I haven't used any other mod answer that?

In kanthal, I've averaged a full day on the batteries, usually about ¼ left by the time I charge them at night, going through at least 10ml of juice in that time. I'll run it on Ti and see if that stays the same.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I should know by end of the day if battery life is the same in regular TC mode as kanthal TC, so far it seems so.

I've experienced good or better battery life in TC. I've heard some say that TC eats up their battery life though. @Vera has been gone a long time.

Vera

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
Good to know about the screen brightness. I hope that is something that can be taken into consideration in the future. Adjustable brightness would be perfect! It's great to hear that the battery door works well. I love that it doesn't need any tools to get into but that it will stay on there tightly. Thanks for the first impressions!! :)

I also notice the brightness thing when I first grabbed this mod. I found the plastic panel shades it. The good thing is the panel can protect the screen from scratching. Anyway, I marked it.

Reactions: cooladdict

Vera

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
I'd be willing to say that the holes could be punched anywhere in the door's metal so that the metal punch goes toward the battery door and away from the batteries when the plate is mounted, and therefore the battery door could still easily slide over the batteries and the contact plate will still make good contact without scratching the batteries. The battery door itself could have a v-shaped indention in the through holes (vent holes) to accommodate the "v" shape of the punched vent holes in the metal conduction plate (if there were any, but they would actually be helpful to prevent scratching). Would you like to suggest that to Asolo?

With the vent holes where they are now, they appear to be partially covered by the battery slot.

Good point.

Vera

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
The vent holes do go into the battery chamber, my concern is, in the case of battery failure, the air escape path could easily become blocked to the outside battery (anyone who has seen an 18650 vent will know what I mean).
Mirror those holes to the other side of the door, they will miss the metal contacts, magnets, etc..

If the vent holes goes into the chamber, mirror holes is necessary. But I am not sure about the center part. Marked.

Vera

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Shanghai, China
www.heavengifts.com
only my two cent... the Mod is a dual battery set up... but they are in series. This means that only one of the two batteries has the positive side touching the cover, or pointing down (close to the vent holes). My point... when a battery goes, it is almost always the positive side that breaks down and where the out gassing happens... So putting holes on the GND or Negative side of the battery would not really do that much. If you had to vent both batteries, then you would need to put the "new holes" on the side of the Box (opposite the main fire button). I would hate to see that for fear of fluid from a leaky tank making it's way in to the battery chamber. To me, the vent is not an issue, because the battery chamber is open in the middle so the pressure of a battery out gassing would be released over the total of the chamber.

Besides, the main body of the mod is made of aluminium alloy, this kind of metal has a well thermal conductivity, my personal opinion.

Reactions: cooladdict
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread