2012 The Best of the Best DIY flavorings from each flavor manufacture

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
I used this thread back when I was new to DIY. After collecting, experimenting, and vaping hundreds, I can make my contribution now.

Had to make a couple of changes: *** = official site names

best black tea - 3% Black Tea by FA .***Tea black flavor
best plain cream - Fresh Cream by FA (2% or less as an additive ***Cream Fresh flavor
best black cherry - 2% Black Cherry by FA*(eCx) ***Cherryl flavor (Cherry, black)
best brown sugar - Brown Sugar by TFA (under 2% as additive) ***Brown Sugar EXTRA

I will post a new report but no later than 5pm EST.

Thanks for all the flavors,%'s and notes!

Last edited:
Reactions: myldrm21

HoneyGram57

Mar 31, 2014
Kentucky
Most have stopped using diacetyl but I know TFA has stopped using it. But be aware there are problems with custard flavors as per TFA:
Vanilla Custard Flavor..*** contains both "Custard" ingredients (acetoin and acetyl propionyl) -Please see our information section on these ingredients in the Flavorist Corner (lower left of the screen)
****** This flavor should only be used in Food and Cosmetic applications.****** This flavor (no matter what company makes it) has inhalation risks if it contains either Acetoin or Acetyl Propionyl!

AND

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream Flavor...This flavor currently contains Acetyl Propionyl, which carries potential inhalation risks. It should only be used for food flavoring applications.

Just make sure to read the ingredients of any butter flavored juice or contact the vendor before buying.

I'd love to try some of these other vendors flavors but after reading the full warning information concerning Acetoin or Acetyl Propionyl I stay with TFA as their the only vendor that tells me if those ingredients are in the flavor I'm considering. This way I make the choice if the desire outweighs the risk and so far I haven't found a flavor that's worth the risk.:2c:

downInTn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2014
Tennessee
I'd love to try some of these other vendors flavors but after reading the full warning information concerning Acetoin or Acetyl Propionyl I stay with TFA as their the only vendor that tells me if those ingredients are in the flavor I'm considering. This way I make the choice if the desire outweighs the risk and so far I haven't found a flavor that's worth the risk.:2c:

Flavor Art has a dedicated line of flavors that's free of the know inhalation risk chemicals. It's their electronic cigarette line >

Sigaretta Elettronica - Sigaretta Elettronica - FlavourArt - La sartoria degli aromi

Resellers often include flavors from their kitchen line which may contain the risky chemicals, so it's best to check and make sure if your concerned.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Well its been two years since this thread started and 3 years since I started DIY---would be nice to have a best flavor thread for the current year...lol Things do change a bit. My opinions are now such:

For easy first time DIY mixing I 100% recommend starting with the Chinese super concentrated flavorings that are used at 2.5% or less. Much less frustrating before moving onto brands that need tweaking and long steeping. I still use these in my mixes.

To create NET flavored tobaccos I think MyVapeJuice has some excellent tobacco extracts. I am sure there are others selling NET extracts too.

I love almost all of the super duper concentated Russian Baker's flavors line particularly all the tobaccos, Vanilla Spongecake and Chocolate Truffle but really haven't had one that I hated and they need 1% flavoring at the very most for me-- most need much less than that. Once you go to low flavor percentage needed for MASSIVE flavor result you cannot go back to dark gunky juice JMO.

Hangsen has some pretty good tobaccos if you don't mind a long steeping period.

For non tobaccos Nature's Flavors organic line is the best/ most authentic smelling line I have tried---several good ones there too especially Kona Cream and the other coffee flavors. (Needs a good long steep for me though and not for those sensitive to flavors in alcohol that need mid level percentages to achieve a good result.)

Last edited:

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
Hey Paddy,

Not meaning to make your life more difficult, BUT, could we do a 2014 count? I would even be willing to do it. If someone can get it started.

There are new manufacturers introduced and flavor profiles have changed with elimination of ingredients.

All you have to do is start a new thread in this forum. I'd be happy to turn it over to you. Probably time for a change anyway.

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
Would you mind helping me to get started - I don't know how to use Google Drive, for example?

Okay. First goto How to Use Google Drive (with Google Drive Shortcuts)

Create a folder for your reports and then "Share" the folder to anyone with the link.
Upload your files from your computer, text, excel, PDF, etc.

Create a new thread in this forum for Best Of Flavors as the title.

In the first post establish how you want to track the flavors:
Name, Mfg., %'s, purchased from and how to vote. ie. +1 for xxx or just post the information or any other required information you want. If the post is a duplicate of an existing flavor then count that as an additional vote.

OR

Have your thread be a user maintained list like the TFA Flavors thread.

I always tried to use the MFG's exact names so people could find the flavor if they wanted. This is going to be more difficult as time goes on. Manufacturers' have been changing their names and are encouraging re sellers to use their own names.

Finally, as there have not been any new flavors since my last report, this is a good time to discontinue my reports. I will NOT be posting any NEW reports. I was thinking this thread had past its "Sell by Date" anyway, so thanks for taking this on.

PM me if you need any more help.

Patrick

Last edited:

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
Okay. First goto How to Use Google Drive (with Google Drive Shortcuts)

Create a folder for your reports and then "Share" the folder to anyone with the link.
Upload your files from your computer, text, excel, PDF, etc.

Create a new thread in this forum for Best Of Flavors as the title.

In the first post establish how you want to track the flavors:
Name, Mfg., %'s, purchased from and how to vote. ie. +1 for xxx or just post the information or any other required information you want. If the post is a duplicate of an existing flavor then count that as an additional vote.

OR

Have your thread be a user maintained list like the TFA Flavors thread.

I always tried to use the MFG's exact names so people could find the flavor if they wanted. This is going to be more difficult as time goes on. Manufacturers' have been changing their names and are encouraging re sellers to use their own names.

Finally, as there have not been any new flavors since my last report, this is a good time to discontinue my reports. I will NOT be posting any NEW reports. I was thinking this thread had past its "Sell by Date" anyway, so thanks for taking this on.

PM me if you need any more help.

Patrick

Thanks, Patrick! I appreciate the guidance and for the documents you already managed that really helped me to get started. Can I import yours to mine so that all of them can be kept together?

paddymx

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2012
Asheboro,NC
Thanks, Patrick! I appreciate the guidance and for the documents you already managed that really helped me to get started. Can I import yours to mine so that all of them can be kept together?

See my PM. You now have an Excel and a TXT version of the Alpha report as well as the other reports.

flowerpots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
my desk
I was under the impression that tfa and tpa were the same?? Am I wrong?? And also where are some good sites I can get some of these different company flavors that I don't have to buy wholesale???

Hi Skipbrady1,

I think paddy is not manning this thread anymore. We've opened a new one here:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/568303-2014-best-flavors-diy-all-manufacturers.html

To answer your questions, yes, TFA and TPA are the same company, but their web address is TPA or Perfumers Apprentice - The Flavor Apprentice - World of Flavors

Some buy TFA directly from their site. Some buy them from 3rd party vendors. Here are some options:

Electronic Cigarette, Clearomizer, USA e-Liquid, e-Cig Juice, DIY Flavors, Wholesale Nicotine, Empty Bottles for E-Liquid - ecigExpress

Wizard Labs

One Stop DIY Shop

Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Hi everyone! I'm super intrigued by diy juice, and I figured this is a good place to catch the attention of some of the best.

I'm wondering if anyone would like to sell any of the juices they make, I'd really love to try some diy juices before I start myself.
I really like fruity juices and vanilla juices as well, if anyone has any that they are proud of I'd love to buy some!

PM Please.
Thanks for your time!

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
Does anyone here have any experience with flavors made by a company called 'Chinese Tobacco Blends'?

It is sold by RTS Vapes: Chinese Tobacco Blends

I really like the "Cohiba Cigar" flavor and make a cigar flavored RY4 with it. This is about the only cigar flavoring that I have tried that actually has a cigar smell to it. http://www.rtsvapes.com/Cohiba_Cigar_p/z114-030.htm]30 ml Cohiba Cigar (CT) . . . So many others that I have tried are more like cigarettes.

Any input you may have about this brand would be nice.

Ron,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread