2014 to Gold

Discussion in 'The Women's Room' started by PatriciafromCO, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PatriciafromCO

PatriciafromCO Ultra Member ECF Veteran

A Thread for setting and tracking your goals and the journey towards accomplishing them in 2014.

282921_10152139607425073_1999855887_n.jpg

2. PatriciafromCO

My goal is to spend 2014 working through progressive run training programs starting at 1 mile, and finishing at 26 miles "strong" It's not a race, it's about the journey :)

wk 1 day 2 upped my speed .5 walk 2.5 run 3.5 getting use the treadmill was a bit claustrophobic at first, this morning was able to move naturally without hovering my hands over the rails lol ...

3. CES

CES optimistic cynic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yay! Patricia. I have no doubt you'll make your goal.

4. PatriciafromCO

Thanks CES , Fudgey :) Walking and running always feels good it is one of those clear your mind and just go type of activities.

wk 1 day 3 run training to 1 mile speed: walk 2.8 run 3.8 felt strong.. so hard to stay with the program and not push too hard building myself back up from scratch finished with adding a nice 1/2 mile cool down walk .. Week one done, 2 day rest . Next week training is a little less walking and more run time and I feel 100% ready...

5. Catmom

Catmom Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Do you have company on your walk/runs Patricia?

6. PatriciafromCO

Am doing them indoors on the treadmill for right now. :) doing the dog walks on the side where I just go with their flow..

7. Catmom

Catmom Vaping Master ECF Veteran

How did you know I was referring to canine company? LOL

8. PatriciafromCO

:) yall all know me so well :) :) which is so deeply endearing being apart of all of yall...

9. PatriciafromCO

Wk 2 day 1 90 sec walk /90 sec run x 4 2.8 /3.4 just couldn't find my grove this morning feeling stiff :( so it was a struggle ...... felt better towards the last set and the cool down walk. Makes sense I needed a longer warm up.. """ note to self for Wednesday """ :)

10. CES

Supporting member
    Hope the next workout is nice and smooth, Patricia

11. PatriciafromCO

Thanks CES ,, since I was up so strangely early this morning I couldn't help but work on trying to find a comfortable pace ... 3.2 to 3.4 mph will work.. but I do need a good 10 minute warm up....

12. PatriciafromCO

First day of spring pulling the cape and tights outs :)

1959257_10152018568498460_1279258621_n.jpg

13. PatriciafromCO

week 2 day 2 90 sec /90 sec x 4 , 2.8 /3.4 mph am ok for 60 sec then it feels a bit uncomfortable :) but I ditched the shoes and had a better time.. I just never had like shoes.. lol... good day always an option to repeat a weeks training before moving on...

14. CES

Supporting member
    ummm...what do you use if you don't use shoes? isn't it a teensy bit cold to go barefoot?

15. PatriciafromCO

yes ,, I have tried to walk barefoot in the snow and lol it just doesn't work lol lol lol ... :) so I have to wear my boots which I love.. but they not good for running in long distances. Winter times I can not run outside.. Spring and Summer I run barefoot :) Just something about gripping the dirt with your toes that feels so right :)

16. PatriciafromCO

finished wk 2 day 3 and finished strong... :) tell ya those first two days I thought OMG what am I thinking lol ... but todays run felt better and the last run felt good to push a bit harder to the finish... two days off and not think about what week 3 will be

17. PatriciafromCO

WK3 day 1 sounded harder then it felt,, love surprises !!! going into it with the thought no matter what the training will be for today, I will do my best to make it happen and not worry about it if I fall short. 2:15 runs / 45 sec walks X 4... 3.0 to 3.4 mph to the finish.... (( done ))

18. PatriciafromCO

Wk3 day 2 same as day one pretty cool getting a better feel for my speed... gradually upping my time of warming up and cooling off so spending 11:00 minutes on run training and 40 on just enjoying walking clearing my thoughts ...

19. CES

Supporting member
    the 40 min walk sounds nice and relaxed :)

20. PatriciafromCO

Wk 3 training completed :) almost finished with my cool down walk when the electricity went out because of the storm.. Two days of rest and start the final week.. upped my speed on the two final runs 3.5 mph.. felt comfortable not forced.. End of next week will run 1 mile non stop on the final day :) will see how that goes.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.