• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

2014 to Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
Thanks CES,,

wk 4 day 1, survived !! actually went smoothly... 4:30 run /60 sec walk X2 actually made it, only being a bit whinny on the 3rd minute of continuous ruining and then being able to settle into the last 1:30 and push harder to the finish.... so pretty cool 20 minute warm up, 10 minute cool down before I hit the safety key with my hand and stopped the treadmill lol lol ... Yay, for Monday training... 3.2 /3.4 mph on the first run section and was fine. 3.4 /3.5 mph through the second run section...

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
Not sure CES, normally our winter goes until June,, but these long warm ups reminds me of an early spring... is starting out as a strange weather pattern .

Wk 4 day 2 made it, but I almost broke mentally on the second run... first run 6:30 did just fine :) 45 second walk then a last 3:30 run was mentally overwhelming about half way.. :) :) up to a full hour on the treadmill 10 minutes of run training time and the rest is warm up and cool down time.. body feels good,, and relaxed... mental is always the hardest.... :)

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
yes it does CES lol.. Am definitely not a runner to understand the conversion quickly when I hear people talk about K's.. Am thankful it is only like 3 miles and not 5.. At my current speed I don't make the full 3 miles in the training time so am looking forward that I will some day as I progress :)

wk 1 day 2 1 minute runs 2 minute walks play'd with speed adding more 4.0 mph runs... went well

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
5K wk 1 completed is amazing how the body responds to small gradual changes walk pace 3.0 mph's and run pace 4.0 finishing the last 3 run segments at 4.3 mph's... am still doing the 10 minute warm up walks and cool down walks.. using the incline to stretch out the muscles on the back of the legs better.. works our really well.

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
Always a hug back to you CES :) The app wasn't working right and part of my struggle was having to stress about thinking keeping the times straight without the assistance of the app,, The app developer worked with the other morning to get the app running correctly on my phone :) went back to 5K wk 1 training today , rebuild my confidence.. Wk2 training progresses each training day,, so falling back to wk 1 to be more ready for the faster pace of wk 2 is a good choice for me... added a couple of 30 sec sprints at 5 mph's couldn't of sustained more then 30 seconds lol ... but it sure makes 4 mph pace feel easier lol ... good training day this morning...

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
end of wk1 finishing strong on 5 mph 1 minute sprints with 2 minute walking.. ready to move on next monday and bring my pace back down to 4 to 4.5 mph for 2 minute runs and 1 minute walks.. wk2 moves fast progressing each training day for running time "will keep an open mind :) " Total training time for the 5K is about 28 minutes long each session.. doesn't seem that bad when you break it up...

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
the wind is always so hard in this area (its a semi flip warning area) was talking to DH that 10 minutes on the treadmill isn't that bad and even getting to 20 isn't so bad when I am concentrating on when to run a few minutes and where to walk a minute to break up the activity.. But I see my runs will continue to get longer and there will be runs that continue into jogs.. lots of 30 straight runs soon for the next 7 wks.. going to give these a try.... Virtual Active — Welcome they also have a series called virtual walks by a different production company that is on amazon that looked stunning...

Monday's training is my nemesis :) can't wait to face it and move on....

PatriciafromCO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
Colorado
it was pretty CES,, Wk 2 day 2 3 minute runs , 1 minute walks there all 30 minutes long for the 5K training.. will have to say my favorite virtual run is the one I tried today.. Germany,, I enjoyed the streets of Germany when I was stationed there, and loved all the wooded trail areas .. Run was done nice has some speed up times, and slow down times so that was fun to perk up your focus.. I actually let go and enjoy'd the run and not think about how long I'd been running before the next walk lol lol .. have to unstick my head from that panic button at 1:30 into a run... did a better job today to find something to enjoy and forget about the time.. good day..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread