2015 - New Bottom Feeder Mod from China!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
I didnt know about the collapsible spring,thats a big advantage of the reo.its a big concern to me cause i m not very good with coils and wicking yet, so a short is a probability:) i really like onboard charging it makes so much more portable,u know plug it in the cars battery not having to carry chargers and extra batteries...the scenario of vapocalypse though...this is a good excuse to stock up in mechs...i imagine in a walking dead scene to break ur tanks glass?thats a nightmare :p

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
I've had my KUI for a month now from a GB I ran. The tab the button presses down on is pretty flimsy. The QC on the 510 is also not good. Topside, the height of the 510 isn't the same from one unit to the next and the threads aren't great. On the bottom side of the 510, the screw that holds the tube (and thus the firing tab in place) is very loose and needs constant tightening. The 2nd batch is better quality, but I only received one sample and can only say that on this one, they have fixed those issues. The worst thing, which you can fix yourself with a Reo bottle and tubing, is the bottles don't thread tightly onto the caps, so every squonk results in some leakage and there is enough loss of pressure that it sometimes won't squonk. As previously stated, it is heavier and a little bigger than a Reo.

All said, it's probably worth $40 when I compare to the $120 each I paid for my 3 blemished Reo Grand LP's. I personally won't be purchasing their regulated squonker, because they can't source a bottle that doesn't leak. If you want to try squonking to see if you like it, this might be OK, except you need to know a little about how a Reo works to troubleshoot it. I would order a Reo bottle and tubing though.

havok333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2012
Chapin, SC
I've had my KUI for a month now from a GB I ran. The tab the button presses down on is pretty flimsy. The QC on the 510 is also not good. Topside, the height of the 510 isn't the same from one unit to the next and the threads aren't great. On the bottom side of the 510, the screw that holds the tube (and thus the firing tab in place) is very loose and needs constant tightening. The 2nd batch is better quality, but I only received one sample and can only say that on this one, they have fixed those issues. The worst thing, which you can fix yourself with a Reo bottle and tubing, is the bottles don't thread tightly onto the caps, so every squonk results in some leakage and there is enough loss of pressure that it sometimes won't squonk. As previously stated, it is heavier and a little bigger than a Reo.

All said, it's probably worth $40 when I compare to the $120 each I paid for my 3 blemished Reo Grand LP's. I personally won't be purchasing their regulated squonker, because they can't source a bottle that doesn't leak. If you want to try squonking to see if you like it, this might be OK, except you need to know a little about how a Reo works to troubleshoot it. I would order a Reo bottle and tubing though.
Thank you!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
You cannot remove or replace the 510, you can however and I think this is what your thinking of remove and replace the 510's center pin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks that explains why someone else said you couldn't replace it yourself, since it was pressed in, and I thought, well Russ did :confused: But newp, I reckin he didn't. lol So to upgrade an old one, that would need to be sent in correct? Not something to do yourself.

I didnt know about the collapsible spring,thats a big advantage of the reo.its a big concern to me cause i m not very good with coils and wicking yet, so a short is a probability:) i really like onboard charging it makes so much more portable,u know plug it in the cars battery not having to carry chargers and extra batteries...the scenario of vapocalypse though...this is a good excuse to stock up in mechs...i imagine in a walking dead scene to break ur tanks glass?thats a nightmare :p

I was somewhat scared of mechs too, but some good common sense (of which I have very little sometimes) and a wonderful support community, and I'm not scared of the Reo. Make sure your batts can handle the build you're using......aw imr 1600 if you want to sub ohm are recommended. Test your atty with the top cap on on a regulated mod or an ohm meter to make sure there are no shorts, before you put it on the Reo (or any mech). Get as much knowledge as you can, baditudes blogs are a great place to start, and then if you aren't sure ask. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/6740-18-baditudes-blogs.html In all fairness many if not most mechs also have a collapsing spring. Dunno bout the super cheap ones, but I sure wouldn't vape one that didn't.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA

Believe it or not, you will get into a routine and soon find/know when it's time to change out batteries when you notice a drop in performance. I have 4 mods and 8 batteries and never have a problem where I'm down a mod cause it isn't charged. I run .5 ohm coils in my mods and use AW 1600 & 2200 batteries and Sony VTC5's, no matter the battery, I can get about 7 hours per battery. When I go into work I usually take two mods, I'll bounce back and forth between the two mods through out the night and by the time I get home both mods are still firing cause the batteries still have juice. Once I get home I'll replace my batteries with fresh ones and put the others on my charger. That's my routine and it works.

Changing batteries takes 4 seconds, I personally wouldn't even think about charging a mod inside a car, voltage in a car isn't regulated and you run the risk of over charging your mod or killing it. Plus with the heat inside a vehicle I surely hope you aren't putting it on the charger unattended, that's the worst thing you can do. How are you charging your mod? Is it with the USB or is it on a power inverter? Either way, I would not recommend you continue to do this. Just a recommendation, you might consider reading up on some general battery safety.

Last edited:

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
thanks that explains why someone else said you couldn't replace it yourself, since it was pressed in, and I thought, well Russ did :confused: But newp, I reckin he didn't. lol So to upgrade an old one, that would need to be sent in correct? Not something to do yourself.

Correct, send it to rob and he will getcha all fixed up.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
kewl. The grand is all new, but the mini needs to go in for a snippy snip and new pin and contacts. contacts I could do myself, but since it has to go in for other stuff anyhow..... Gonna see if my son will do that for me for my bday in July!

Yeah, if your sending it in for one thing, might as well have the mod master take care of the rest for ya. Get it back pretty much brand new, win win!!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

Great info here and sounds like an intro device into BF'g for sure. I read some of the first reviews from a FB group buy a short while ago and it wasn't pretty to say the least. IIRC, the entire group buy was sent back to China for re-work on a few of the items you mentioned. There may have been a couple that kept them because of their experience with a Reo and made the devices vapeable. The only problem I see is if they don't fix the problems with the bottles it will turn a lot of people off BF'g all together and that will be the only thing they get out of their first BF'g experience and will taint the rest of the crowd with the whole, "it's just a leaking piece of garbage"....

I started out with a Vmod XL and though it was not the best device out there, it was a good starter into BF'g. The unfortunate thing was I was venturing into rebuildables and the Vmod just wasn't made for rebuildables. They will work but there is a lot of maintenance to keep them going. For me, my 510 connection just didn't like the rebuildables I was putting on it and gave up the ghost.

I then moved on to Reo's and it's all been uphill since. Quality and durability has been the mainstay for the Reo and it is just a device that works and works very well. Is it for everyone, no... It has recently become an intermediate priced BF option as of late though with several european devices surfacing lately that are $275+.... The Reo's hold one of the best resale values if it comes to a point that someone didn't care for it and it sells relatively fast in the classies and on Ebay. I also have recently acquired a couple of Gdeal Peko's in 18650 and 26650. They are 3D printed parts and require assembly, which is very easy and most everyone can do it themselves with just a pair of needle nose pliers and a screwdriver. If you don't feel comfortable with building one there is a site you can buy one pre-assembled for a few $ more. They aren't the most sound device out there, but they aren't the cheapest either in terms of quality. I have dropped my 18650 a couple times now and not even a scratch. Not sure about the 26650 because of the battery and it is definitely heavier. The print is a lot thicker though.

There are several options out there and if it weren't for the Vmod, I never would've bought a Reo... Once I tried a BF'r, it was all over at that point and everything else was sold off for BF'rs... I will never buy another tube device again...and as we all know, (and know very well), all electronic devices have an exceptionally high failure rate whereas the mechanical Reo's and such don't!!!! Just my :2c:

Reactions: aikanae1

michliu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Seattle, WA
There are several options out there and if it weren't for the Vmod, I never would've bought a Reo... Once I tried a BF'r, it was all over at that point and everything else was sold off for BF'rs... I will never buy another tube device again...and as we all know, (and know very well), all electronic devices have an exceptionally high failure rate whereas the mechanical Reo's and such don't!!!! Just my :2c:

I've been vaping 3 years and got my first Reo 6 months ago. What got me curious was a Vision Aurora BFT with an old Ego atomizer I had in a drawer. Wish I had found Reos earlier, the cost of entry was just too high for someone like me who bought a lot of clones, but I would have saved hundreds not chasing the latest tube clone. Hopefully, China quality on bottom feeders will get better. It would be great to have reasonable quality entry-level squonkers. Unfortunately, the KUI hasn't quite hit the mark.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
and as we all know, (and know very well), all electronic devices have an exceptionally high failure rate
No, we don't know this at all. There is no intrinsic reason that a well-made electronic device should have an "exceptionally high failure rate". I suspect that "high failure rate" reputation for electronics in the vape community is due to the fact that so many of the regulated devices are cheaply made junk.

I am very carefull about charging my batteries and i never leave them out of my sight while charging.i didnt know that the car charger could kill a device though.
I think theres a panasonic 18650 with 3400 mah capacity.is it safe to use on mods?i like the extra vape time it can provide.
Now with the geyscano at 65$+35 shipping i dont think its worth it,since u can get a blemished reo with 160$ with atty...it doesnt make sence to take the risk.
About the kui...after reading the reviews here...if i could find it in a local store for 40$ maybe i would get it for an experimental beat-up mod.
Anyone heard anything about the s-body? Thats another regulated squonker in a small size.

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
I am very carefull about charging my batteries and i never leave them out of my sight while charging.i didnt know that the car charger could kill a device though.
I think theres a panasonic 18650 with 3400 mah capacity.is it safe to use on mods?i like the extra vape time it can provide.
Now with the geyscano at 65$+35 shipping i dont think its worth it,since u can get a blemished reo with 160$ with atty...it doesnt make sence to take the risk.
About the kui...after reading the reviews here...if i could find it in a local store for 40$ maybe i would get it for an experimental beat-up mod.
Anyone heard anything about the s-body? Thats another regulated squonker in a small size.

With batteries, I'd recommend just doing your research and make sure it's from a reputable company your getting them from. Some places have been known for selling cloned non authentic batteries, such as eBay and Amazon. The problem with that is you think the battery is capable of being within range for your build but really you don't know cause it could be some cheap knock off dressed up to look like the real thing. A lot of people here on ECF have recommended rtdvapor.com for batteries and chargers. They only sell authentic batteries and have decent prices and fast shipping. I started with authentic Sony batteries (VTC4/VTC5's) but once they started being cloned I quit buying them and started buying AW batteries for my Reo's. I'd also recommend AW batteries but I don't know how low you go in ohm's to stay safe. When I drop below a .2 I'll only use my Sony VTC5's, 30A limit and they provide plenty of power. Now, my flavor build range is usually only as low as a .5ohm coil build.

I can't speak of the Panasonic batteries, I've never researched or used them. I know to pretty much stay away from trustfire batteries and Efest. I've heard the Samsung 25r batteries are also really good. I hope this helps man.

Thank u jetmac for ur reply,i have a little common sence and i wold only try well known brands to reduce the risk of dangerous happenings.
I understand what u say about cloned or rewrapped batteries...i would build higher ohms untill i m more experiened,no need to push my luck
With extremely low resistances.thanks again for the advice

TheTurk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2014
New jersey
b1a3c02727b25ae288e08c7c27d05e00.jpg

7a1c023e1b92b324068a53e129733e90.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread