Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
To my knowledge thre are no 18650 batteries capable of delivering 30A CDR and and have a capacity of 2,500 mAh. I'ts typically 1,500 mAh at best. Global Power batteries are, to my knowledge, rewraps of who knows what. Here's Mooch's recommended list
Battery Chart.jpeg

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
There are four companies that manufacture all of the Lithium ion batteries available to us: LG, Samsung, Sanyo/Panasonic and Sony. All other brands are marketed by companies who purchase their cells from one of these four and put their own logo on them, often with inflated specifications. These companies also purchase cells that do not meet the big four's quality standards (the so-called "B" and "C" bin). There are other even less scrupulous merchants who take any working cells meeting the size parameters of a popular big four model and counterfeit the wrapper.

This is why it can't be stressed enough that vapers only buy their batteries from reputable vendors (shown in the blue box at the bottom of the table above), all of whom test and guarantee that their batteries are what the wrapper says they are.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
Hello Mooch / Team,

I would like to ask if someone already studied the new Global Power Battery IMR 18650, 3.7V, 2500MAH, 30A. I'm planning to buy 2 for my sigelei fuchai duo and I'm currently using .30ohms 50-70W and using vtc4 as of the moment.

Please advise.

Thank you!

I will also chime in and say, 30A at 2500mah, just can't fit that much energy density (mah) and energy through put (Amps) into the size of an 18650 cell with current battery technology, either density, throughput, or a balance of the 2 have to done. Examples LG HB6 1500mah True 30amp (mah sacrificed for amps), LG HG2 3000mah 20amp (amps sacrificed for throughput), or Sony VTC5A 2500mah 25amps (a balance of the two). This makes your battery quite suspect of can it do what it is advertised, or more aptly "Marketing Hyped" using the 1/2 second pulse discharge as the battery's maximum amp rating or is it the Continuous Discharge Rate which the battery can sustain the entire discharge cycle (<- the last we use as we know it is what the battery can safely do, not speculative theory).

Best advice I can give it scratch buying those questionable batteries, being you use a multi-battery mod in the 50 to 70watts range, your best 3 batteries would be the Samsung 30Q, Sony VTC6, and LG HG2 all 3000mah and in the 18 to 20amps tested CDR range, especially being you ask maximum 13amps of any batteries with those settings

70watts set/6.4v lowest battery voltage available/90% Control Board Efficiency=12.1528amps needed.

Regulated Mod Amp Draw Calculator <- Regulated Mod Amp Draw Calculator, uses 3.0v per battery in its calculations, just have to select number of batteries you have, what watts you are set at, and if you know you control board efficiency, enter that, otherwise use the default 90%, click calculate.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
It is pretty... I'd be tearing it off immediately to see what was underneath, and hoping I was not screaming in horror. But honestly, having a wrap like that is great marketing for subpar batteries, no one's gonna want to tear it off. I would, though, because.... I'm like that. :)

Anna

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello Mooch / Team,
I would like to ask if someone already studied the new Global Power Battery IMR 18650, 3.7V, 2500MAH, 30A. I'm planning to buy 2 for my sigelei fuchai duo and I'm currently using .30ohms 50-70W and using vtc4 as of the moment.
Please advise.Thank you!
Welcome and glad you joined.
I have provided a little more information which might help choosing/evaluating batteries.
Might like to read:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(9) Battery Basics for Mods; the Ultimate Battery Guide | E-Cigarette Forum
Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
A Guide to Safe Charging - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
There are four companies that manufacture all of the Lithium ion batteries available to us: LG, Samsung, Sanyo/Panasonic and Sony.

Sony is no longer in the battery business. They sold their battery division to Murata.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread