20700 mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I was torn between the 20700 Roundhouse and the XXX, and went for the Roundhouse mainly since they had a one day 25% off sale earlier this week. Got it in brass and, while I’ve only had it for 2 days, so far have been very pleased with it. Love the clean, simple look, nice machining, adjustable throw and no-tool button disassembly. And have been really liking the 20700 battery performance/longevity.

Definitely going to pick up a few more 20700 mechs.
Same, got mine in copper, that button is real nice. I do prefer the iJoy batteries over the Sanyo for real low builds. Hopefully Sony or Samsung would come up with one of their own as well

Reactions: hazozita

williamclarkonet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 11, 2014
Iowa United States
I was torn between the 20700 Roundhouse and the XXX, and went for the Roundhouse mainly since they had a one day 25% off sale earlier this week. Got it in brass and, while I’ve only had it for 2 days, so far have been very pleased with it. Love the clean, simple look, nice machining, adjustable throw and no-tool button disassembly. And have been really liking the 20700 battery performance/longevity.

Definitely going to pick up a few more 20700 mechs.

Same, got mine in copper, that button is real nice. I do prefer the iJoy batteries over the Sanyo for real low builds. Hopefully Sony or Samsung would come up with one of their own as well
Sounds good I will pick a roundhouse up

Itasquonker

Oct 11, 2017
I do prefer the iJoy batteries over the Sanyo for real low builds. Hopefully Sony or Samsung would come up with one of their own as well

Hi there, i read that 20700 is the standard from electric car packs, so i don't know if electronics producer will jump in. Looking at mooch's table samsung already produce 20700s but in europe i don't know where to get them. Suggestions anyone?
Thank you

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Late to this thread, but not to 20700 mods. I have the Admiral, the XXX, the 11:11, the Wondervape, and the Ultra 24K... Oh, and a custom 20700 mech squonker. The Wondervape and the Ultra 24K are not clones. The others are from Kindbright. All I can say is that a quality 20700 is a beautiful thing in a mech!

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
I've got a few 20700 all Ijoy, and honestly I'd rather use my VTC5a batts, they hit harder and last about the same amount of time. Wanted to see if it was my imagination so I broke out my old DVM, which supported my opinion, the 20700s I have sag a bit more then the 5As when both are fully charged.

Reactions: Ben85

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
It's hard to get a quality 20700 especially since the mainstream ones available are rewraps of the same battery and declining in quality.(ijoy)

The Sanyo 20700A can be had had if one wants to drop coin and disassemble a power tool battery pack.
Latest word is to look at the legs on the pos terminal. 5 leg=good, 4 leg=bad. I've got about 16 5-leg 20700, and have had no issues.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

nalo_b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2010
oahu
It's hard to get a quality 20700 especially since the mainstream ones available are rewraps of the same battery and declining in quality.(ijoy)

The Sanyo 20700A can be had had if one wants to drop coin and disassemble a power tool battery pack.

Which battery packs have the Sanyo 20700a? I do construction and most battery packs are around $100 and from the size of them looks like maybe six batteries could fit in them? Could be looking at about $16-17 if that’s true. Not a bad investment IMO. I SEE SHOPS SEELING 18650s for that price and it’s not much more than online vendors sell 20700s.

Interested in finding out which ones have them though

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH
Latest word is to look at the legs on the pos terminal. 5 leg=good, 4 leg=bad. I've got about 16 5-leg 20700, and have had no issues.

That's fine if you're good with them.

Me, not so much. They rewrap batteries for one, then change the rewrapped battery to a different poor performing cell without changing the wrap.

Only when it was noticed by consumers did they offer a half cocked rebuttal.
Who's to say that they don't change the deemed decent 5-leg to something else? Seems a little dicey to me.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
That's fine if you're good with them.

Me, not so much. They rewrap batteries for one, then change the rewrapped battery to a different poor performing cell without changing the wrap.

Only when it was noticed by consumers did they offer a half cocked rebuttal.
Who's to say that they don't change the deemed decent 5-leg to something else? Seems a little dicey to me.
I totally get that, and agree somewhat. There are also Ampking and Efest that are Mooch tested and approved.

The fact of the matter is that we, as vapers, are always going to be at the mercy of battery vendors. Even reputable companies have been taken by counterfeits a time or two. I endeavor to get only authentic cells from reputable dealers, but in the end - without Mooch's gear and knowledge - I have to have a little faith, use the best I can get, and hope. The realistic alternative is to go hide in the corner of a safe room somewhere... in the dark... alone and afraid. I say realistic as I do not have the means to fly to the factories and cherry pick lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread