220W alien smok mod charge not showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Hi, just bought a 220W alien smoke mod and charged it, there was 25% charge on the batteries when first plugged it in I left it for afew hours yet it seems that the battery life percentage has gone down to 0% yet it doesn't say low battery and works like a fully charged mod, has anyone else had this issue? If so how do I fix it?

Buy an external dual or quad 18650 AC charger and use that to charge your batteries. It could take 6 to 8 hours to all day with the USB port to charge batteries that show 25%. Remember, you are trying to charge two 20A or better 18650's inside the Alien. USB is only good for an emergency top off. Save the USB port for updating the firmware. If you burn it up charging you will be stuck with whatever firmware level it came with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tonee N

Spey

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2016
Not sure about the Alien FW (Firmware), but some FW have user option to turn on/off USB Charging. (check menus & sub-menus for USB charging functionality settings).

The FW I run in my Cuboid's, for example, allow me to turn on/off USB Charging, updating, programming.

Possible alternate consideration might be the specific USB cable you are using. I have found regulated mod's sometimes have preference for one cable over another (specific to either charging and/or updating functionality).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread