The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

22mm MTL atty recommendations

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by FACE MEAT, Feb 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. FACE MEAT

FACE MEAT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Assuming there's still some in stock, I'll be buying a P67 in a week or two.

I have a feeling the small atomizers I use atop my LP Grand (Reactor, RM2, etc.) will look a bit wonky on a P67.

Can anyone recommend a 22mm atty for a P67? Here are my criteria:

-22mm
    -Bottom-fed or modifiable to bottom-fed
    -MTL friendly
    -Small chamber
    -Single coil capable
    -Resistant to leaking
    -Doesn't cost an arm and a leg

Thanks REOville!

2. Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2013
    See if Catfish will make you a deal on a Manta. I believe he might have a couple left. They check every one of those boxes.

3. Rob.Gee

Rob.Gee Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 26, 2014
    Montana
    the derringer on robs site seems to fit most of your criterea but can leak if you don't pay attention

• Like Like x 1
  4. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    I love the Derringer...I have several, but It's not really mtl friendly. It can be done, but, meh. It's not very single coil friendly. It can be done, but again, meh. It can leak...much easier than a top air atty. Derringers are great, but I don't think they fit his criteria at all.

• Like Like x 3
  5. FACE MEAT

FACE MEAT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2013
    Costa Mesa, CA
    The Manta is top air flow, correct?

6. Asbestos4004

Sep 11, 2013
    yes....but it hits the coil from the side. Very smooth, very quiet...off the charts flavor.

7. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Yes. This pic shows the three rings that usually come with - black, SS, or copper.
    The holes in that line up (or don't - that's your AFC) with holes in the cap, then a ring (with air slots - you can see the bottom of it) tightens down on top and holds it in place.
    Inside of the cap is domed - so the smaller chamber = good flavor atty.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. jwat82

jwat82 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2013
    The Land of Lincoln
    Not 22mm, but the 18mm NoName NoPain comes with a little ring that flushes it out to 22mm. Nice MTL airflow with great flavor.

9. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    I have a NoName NoGain drilled out for DLH's. The flavor is better than a Manta (I don't use the ring with it).

[​IMG]

I don't find my Manta V1/V2 Hybrids to be on par with any of my top shelf flavor atty's. Even so I'm still piddling around with them when all my other 22mm atty's have just collected dust since soon after I got them.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    The best 22mm atties I would currently recommend are a little pricey - the snapdragon, the narda, and pancake. The snappy and narda, in particular, are great for MTL, single coils, and (I find) leak resistantance. They also do not scrimp on the flavour (a priority which is implied by your preferences).

The cost might be a non-starter for you, but they would prolly get you the best vape.

The Manta is perfectly serviceable and nails most (if not all) of your list items, but I just don't find it produces well. Others do and swear by it, but it's an also-ran for me.

The Stumpy is great but can leak (as any side air atty can), the Thump is great (top air) but prefers dual coils (I find), so there's a couple that are really good atties if you're willing to budge on either of those criteria.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    I like the Manta V2, and it fits your criteria. I recently got a clone ($10) modified ($10) for BF and I found .3ohm 5wrap 2.5ID 34K/28SS clapton single coil with rayon to produce a smooth, warm flavorful cloud. It is a tight fit inside that tight chamber. The leak-free top flow is the best of the top air atties I've tried. Nary a drop of leakage over the couple weeks it's been mounted.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Robfisher

Robfisher Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 21, 2014
    Durban, South Africa
    P67's... one with a Manta and the other with the little Divo.
    P67x2-06.jpg

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.