22mm rda

Status
Not open for further replies.

gregkoutsikos

Oct 4, 2017
Hello,i own a eleaf pico mega,and i want to try rda..As a begginer i want to use some premade 0.85Ω claptons i found in a local ecig store..The owner told me that i ll get good results by using 2 of them(so half the ohm's if i am correct)..So i want you to reccomend me a budget rda(under 30-35 dollars),that fits my mod(only 22mm rda's)..Also i should mention that i prefer flavor over clouds,although it doesnt mean i wont like some big clouds too :p..Thanks in advance

Reactions: Letitia

martynasm

Nov 8, 2014
There is a whole bunch of good clones at 3fvape.com. Sxk or yftk are good cloners, the rdas: armor for duals, or single coils, wasp nano for single, all for something like 12-18 usd. Then the pulse 22 or 24, but more pricey but still good, and of course my personal favourite - the hadaly. All are squonkable as well is you want to try that further down the line. Hadaly is a must have actually

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I decided to get the hadaly,what premade coils and cotton do you suggest me getting from 3fvape?
The originals are no longer made so it will probably be a clone. Clone rdas tend to work better than clone tanks though, being simpler, so I suspect it will work well for you.
As to the coil, it depends heavily on how you want your device to behave. Are you a DL or MTL vaper?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
i am a dl vaper..thats why i was looking for dual coil rda's
I personally find that a single coil is just as good as a dual if the coil is sufficiently large.

I like single coils because you don’t have to worry about balancing coils and it makes TC worlds easier to deal with. In my pulse, which is similar to the halady you mentioned, I use a 3.5(!) Diameter wrap of 5 coils of 22ga kanthal giving me a ohm reading of about .3. It has similar vapor production and better flavor than my dark horse, which is a classic side intake dual coil RDA at the same ohm level.

martynasm

Nov 8, 2014
Hadaly will give you a well restricted lung hit when fully open, it is more on the flavour side of the spectrum. Pulse22, wasp nano, gorge are more airy when fully open, hence more to the cloudy side less flavoury, and you will get a bigger nic hit. Armor is dual, i am running it with one coil, but both sides open, that way it is similar to a 2/3rds or halfway or so closed wasp or pulse22, but chamber is smaller so a little more flavoury. I have all these rdas setup with the same staggered 4ply staple ss clapton around 0.17 ohm and cycle them all the time - totally different experience with each. Armor actually gives better flavour with 2 staggered claptons with 2 cores of 28ga/38ga outer, coming in around 0.2 ohm total. But this drains the battery quicker than a single coil on my mech squonker, and ramp up is longer which is annoying. So i prefer a single coil. Just go for one of these and experiment, this is very subjective stuff, and it’s not like they cost millions :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: bombastinator

VictorViper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2013
Vancouver
www.thisoldneon.com
My Hadaly coil is 5 wraps at 3mm inner diameter, using all Ni80 fused claptons, 26/38g. It's about 0.3-0.32 ohms, ramps up fast and produces an excellent restricted lung hit. There is plenty of air for that even slightly closed off, but I consider the Hadaly perfect wide open. If you are hoping for no restriction in your draw at all, you may be disappointed, but it's an awesome DL for me.

One of the challenges you're going to have with the Hadaly and premade coils is they're generally wrapped counter-clockwise. This places the legs in the wrong direction. You can make this work, but it requires some fairly precise leg bending.

[EDIT] Totally failed to mention that Coil Art makes decent premade for a good price online, and they have a massive range of claptons and variants to choose from in a wide range of resistances. I'd suggest trying something like a fused clapton or alien with a 3mm ID. I'd personally suggest buying wire sticks or spools and wrapping yourself though. Much nicer install with a clockwise wrap.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Duals, DL vaping, my favorites aren't readily available: Goon 22mm, or Stumpy,
With claptons though, you might be surprised at some newer RDA output with a single coil. Maybe try the Pulse 22. "Authentic" for like $24
VVPULS-3.jpg

gardenia_bread

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2015
here's a list of 22mm dual coil rda off the top of my head, mostly the older ones thou, newer ones tend to be 24mm
- goon 22, think they have dropped in price due to the various "sagas" going on,
- obs cheetah 2, there's a 22 and 24mm version
- twisted messes squared rda, not sure if clones are still available but i've seen them on twisted messes site, notice how the airflow is controlled by a sleeve thing, it collects juice and will seep through the seams
- velocity rda, was very popular in the past, might still have clones around, like the above rda, airflow collects juice and seeps through the seams
- tsunami 22, 1st bottom airflow in this list, not sure if they are still available

Reactions: bombastinator
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread