24 mg too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fullmetal24

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
USA
Although everyone is different, 24mg strength is very high for someone who only smoked 8 cigarettes per day.
BUt if you are getting too much nicotine your body will tell you by giving you headaches, and eventually making you feel nauseous.

So I'm a little confused... you got headaches when you STOPPED using nicotine?
Yeah when I stopped. Thing is that sometimes in class the nicotine withdrawals get to me and I just feel like vaping in class lol, not that I don't in some classes, but there's a girl I like in one of my classes and it happens to be a boring lecture based class =/ Thing is I used to be a polydrug user.. I won't delve into details because its against the rules but I was into a sticky green substance with the side of stimulant or boozy prescription pills. I use a volt to vape so its sometimes cool to vape in public, however I was thinking a lesser amount can stop the intermittent periods of everyday life. My biggest concern, as of now, is my ability to swoon women without nicotine or caffiene lol. I guess I can find a smoker girl or something but for gods sake sometimes I turn to .... without it. The change can be dramatic =/ Since I'm on probation for getting a DUI, on pills, I had to abruptly rely on nicotine. One of the reasons I didn't smoke more than 8 cigarettes a day was because it was physically impossible, I had to bike ride to the grocery and back and to DUI group meetings (around 3 miles back and forth) every week. Just a little background on my situation. I'm planning on getting some copper creek house juice, and I may just get 18 and 24 mg juice because of the indecision.

sumoman25

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2011
South Dakota
Yeah when I stopped. Thing is that sometimes in class the nicotine withdrawals get to me and I just feel like vaping in class lol, not that I don't in some classes, but there's a girl I like in one of my classes and it happens to be a boring lecture based class =/ Thing is I used to be a polydrug user.. I won't delve into details because its against the rules but I was into a sticky green substance with the side of stimulant or boozy prescription pills. I use a volt to vape so its sometimes cool to vape in public, however I was thinking a lesser amount can stop the intermittent periods of everyday life. My biggest concern, as of now, is my ability to swoon women without nicotine or caffiene lol. I guess I can find a smoker girl or something but for gods sake sometimes I turn to .... without it. The change can be dramatic =/ Since I'm on probation for getting a DUI, on pills, I had to abruptly rely on nicotine. One of the reasons I didn't smoke more than 8 cigarettes a day was because it was physically impossible, I had to bike ride to the grocery and back and to DUI group meetings (around 3 miles back and forth) every week. Just a little background on my situation. I'm planning on getting some copper creek house juice, and I may just get 18 and 24 mg juice because of the indecision.

Somewhat garbled, a little hard to read. But I noticed that you said stimulant prescriptions, and I take those. There's definitely an interaction there, as I've encountered it as well. Just try to lower the frequency of your vaping while on stimulants, try not to chain vape. I get headaches and slight feelings of nicotine sickness when I vape too much while on stimulants. If I'm not mistaken nicotine releases and stops the re-uptake of dopamine (not sure on the second part), and amphetamines do both for sure. Having both of them going at the same time isn't that unhealthy, but too much of both can cause some serious implications, especially for your heart and respiratory system. Just be careful and you shouldn't have too much to worry about mate

Tiny

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Wisconsin
For the last 5 years I had been smoking Winston Ultra Lights, I thought 24 mg was going to be too much but I got a bottle of it along with a bottle of 18 mg when I started vaping and found that the 24 mg was the right strength for me on the gear that I have. Right now all I'm worried about is staying off of the analogs so I'll use whatever it takes.

Nicotine affects everyone differently, I hope you find your sweet spot. Take care and best of luck.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
As a veteran with decades of experience in quitting, hindsight allows me to see where other systems were failing me before. The patch has a maximum dosage that is way way under where my comfortable nicotine level is. I smoked 25 cigs (Canadian) a day and the 18mg small e-cigs helped me cut down to 2 - 4 cigs a day. With an eGo and 24mg juice I simply lost the desire to have a cig.

After 6 weeks or so I started having heart-burn after each vape session. I cut to 12mg and that went away without any cravings. I continue to 'listen' to my body to fine-tune the amount of nicotine it requires, realizing that the amount necessary is not going to be the same every time or everyday.

Vaping was the first system to replace cigs that allowed me to decide how much nicotine I needed and when I needed it. When my doctor (or anyone else) was deciding how much I should need, it didn't work. I doubt that someone else can tell you how much you need, either, but I hope the comments here help you to find the happy balance.

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
Strangely enough, I only smoked 7-10 tobacco cigs per day. But they were Sherman MCDs. Pretty sure they were very high nic. I started out ecigs @ 16 mg. not satisfied at all & vaping constantly. Tried 24 mg & very happy at that. Sometime during the day I switch to 18 for awhile then back to 24.
Prolly a total of 1-1.5 ml per day. Just my crazy experience here.
Bullette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread